Ufo video Sweden 2012. HD. Fake or not?

Initiate
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 am » by Shifthappens


pretzellogic wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:
pretzellogic wrote:


Upload to Disclose.tv



[youtube]JxEsUiPm17c&feature=related[/youtube]


Cool to see you are a Steely Dan fan.

I figured you must be, considering your screen name. :flop:


yes --->love SD - great guys and musicians.... I play drums, played with a few in my time - also like, YES, Return To Forever, Miles Davis, Buddy Rich, Zepplin, Mills Brothers, Zepplin, Hendrix, Winwood, Clapton, old school ya know?


Thanks for writing!


I don't say much here but since you like 'Steely Dan' (type of dildo) I guess I have bragging rights. When they were recording at ABC studios in LA after sessions (mid 70's), Gary Katz (producer) would come to my office and say something like, "OK Doctor lets go take a drive". He would have a cassette of his latest mixes and he wanted to hear what they would sound like through a car stereo. We would get in my Audi and drive around Beverly Hills smoking a joint and enjoying the incredible sounds. I was Director (then) of Artists Relations for ABC. What great music we were putting out. Jim Croce, James Gang, 3 Dog Night, Steppenwolf, Jimmy Buffett, BB King and on and on and the greatest of all . . . Steely Dan. Donald and Walter were very recluse and hated doing interviews. I personally think that one of their best live performances was at the Santa Monica Civic with the old band including Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter (Doobies) and David Palmer (lead vocalist who they later fired). Incredible tunes. Oops . . . sorry I got carried away. Anyway, you have good taste in music. . . Vince :pray:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1364
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 2:21 am » by Yuya63


Santa Monica Civic in the 70's :flop: was there....... Though, i dont remember much of it :alien51:

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 am » by Cornbread714


shifthappens wrote:I don't say much here but since you like 'Steely Dan' (type of dildo) I guess I have bragging rights. When they were recording at ABC studios in LA after sessions (mid 70's), Gary Katz (producer) would come to my office and say something like, "OK Doctor lets go take a drive". He would have a cassette of his latest mixes and he wanted to hear what they would sound like through a car stereo. We would get in my Audi and drive around Beverly Hills smoking a joint and enjoying the incredible sounds. I was Director (then) of Artists Relations for ABC. What great music we were putting out. Jim Croce, James Gang, 3 Dog Night, Steppenwolf, Jimmy Buffett, BB King and on and on and the greatest of all . . . Steely Dan. Donald and Walter were very recluse and hated doing interviews. I personally think that one of their best live performances was at the Santa Monica Civic with the old band including Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter (Doobies) and David Palmer (lead vocalist who they later fired). Incredible tunes. Oops . . . sorry I got carried away. Anyway, you have good taste in music. . . Vince :pray:


Well, first of all, major apologies to Dukettt for seriously derailing his thread, but he's a cool guy, I'm sure he'll get over it. :alien51:

ShiftHappens, I am majorly impressed with your experiences. All the music you and Prezellogic mention are my influences, too (among many others). I guess we must all be old farts... :alien51:

I'm a huge Dan fan (yes, the term "Steely Dan" came from a William Burroughs reference to a dildo, I believe). Saw them only once, during the later tours - they were godlike. Peter Erskine on drums, Ned Zing on guitar (who sounded almost better than Larry Carlton).

They were a one of a kind act. No one, I mean no one, else ever sold so many records without touring for so many years.

These days, my musical tastes have gone back to less-produced sounds, but these guys could pull it off live and they'll always have my deepest respect. I'm a studio rat myself and a performer and I have an understanding of the mastery of Fagen and Becker in the studio, as songwriters and performers (though they never really wanted to be performers) - as well as Gary Katz, and all the other stellar musicians who played on those records.

I'd love to hear more of your stories, Pretzel and Shift - I got a few my own... :flop:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 4:33 am » by Shifthappens


cornbread714 wrote:
shifthappens wrote:I don't say much here but since you like 'Steely Dan' (type of dildo) I guess I have bragging rights. When they were recording at ABC studios in LA after sessions (mid 70's), Gary Katz (producer) would come to my office and say something like, "OK Doctor lets go take a drive". He would have a cassette of his latest mixes and he wanted to hear what they would sound like through a car stereo. We would get in my Audi and drive around Beverly Hills smoking a joint and enjoying the incredible sounds. I was Director (then) of Artists Relations for ABC. What great music we were putting out. Jim Croce, James Gang, 3 Dog Night, Steppenwolf, Jimmy Buffett, BB King and on and on and the greatest of all . . . Steely Dan. Donald and Walter were very recluse and hated doing interviews. I personally think that one of their best live performances was at the Santa Monica Civic with the old band including Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter (Doobies) and David Palmer (lead vocalist who they later fired). Incredible tunes. Oops . . . sorry I got carried away. Anyway, you have good taste in music. . . Vince :pray:


Well, first of all, major apologies to Dukettt for seriously derailing his thread, but he's a cool guy, I'm sure he'll get over it. :alien51:

ShiftHappens, I am majorly impressed with your experiences. All the music you and Prezellogic mention are my influences, too (among many others). I guess we must all be old farts... :alien51:

I'm a huge Dan fan (yes, the term "Steely Dan" came from a William Burroughs reference to a dildo, I believe). Saw them only once, during the later tours - they were godlike. Peter Erskine on drums, Ned Zing on guitar (who sounded almost better than Larry Carlton).

They were a one of a kind act. No one, I mean no one, else ever sold so many records without touring for so many years.

These days, my musical tastes have gone back to less-produced sounds, but these guys could pull it off live and they'll always have my deepest respect. I'm a studio rat myself and a performer and I have an understanding of the mastery of Fagen and Becker in the studio, as songwriters and performers (though they never really wanted to be performers) - as well as Gary Katz, and all the other stellar musicians who played on those records.

I'd love to hear more of your stories, Pretzel and Shift - I got a few my own... :flop:


On a very 'early' side story, when the 1st 'LP' was completed, 'Can't Buy A Thrill' (1972) ABC asked me to take a test pressing to various college radio stations around the US to see what kind of reaction we would get to their tracks. I would arrange a meeting with the radio station music director and I would explain that we had a 'new' band and 'we' wanted to know what they thought of their music. Every single college campus I went to from Chicago to Dallas to NYC to Boston the reaction was the same. They wanted my copy to play immediately. Some offered bribes, etc. to make a copy but I had made a promise to ABC I would not let anyone get the tracks or I would lose my job. It wasn't even officially released yet. I remember reading that many people thought 'Steely Dan' was a member of the band. LOL Anyway, as they say, 'the rest is history'. When the album was finally released it stormed up the charts immediately. They were so different at the time and yet enjoyable in any genre of music. Gary was always very smug and confident but never really boasted much about their success. If I remember correctly, I believe that Donald and Walter came from an early 60's pop band called, 'Jay And The Americans'. Wow, that was really reaching back into my memory banks. In addition to taking the test pressing 'on the road' we had to decide which track was the most favored to choose a 'single' to release as their debut. It was difficult but 'Reeling In The Years', always came up at the top. I can still here the tune in my head over and over. Hard to forget even as I'm pushing . . . . 70. :owned:

Initiate
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:18 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 4:44 am » by Shifthappens


Please accept my apologies to everyone for getting so off the track on this thread. Got carried away. :ohno:

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 am » by Cornbread714


shifthappens wrote:Please accept my apologies to everyone for getting so off the track on this thread. Got carried away. :ohno:


Ha, man, I'd really love to have a conversation.

Do you do Skype?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 5:36 am » by pretzellogic


shifthappens wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:
shifthappens wrote:I don't say much here but since you like 'Steely Dan' (type of dildo) I guess I have bragging rights. When they were recording at ABC studios in LA after sessions (mid 70's), Gary Katz (producer) would come to my office and say something like, "OK Doctor lets go take a drive". He would have a cassette of his latest mixes and he wanted to hear what they would sound like through a car stereo. We would get in my Audi and drive around Beverly Hills smoking a joint and enjoying the incredible sounds. I was Director (then) of Artists Relations for ABC. What great music we were putting out. Jim Croce, James Gang, 3 Dog Night, Steppenwolf, Jimmy Buffett, BB King and on and on and the greatest of all . . . Steely Dan. Donald and Walter were very recluse and hated doing interviews. I personally think that one of their best live performances was at the Santa Monica Civic with the old band including Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter (Doobies) and David Palmer (lead vocalist who they later fired). Incredible tunes. Oops . . . sorry I got carried away. Anyway, you have good taste in music. . . Vince :pray:


Well, first of all, major apologies to Dukettt for seriously derailing his thread, but he's a cool guy, I'm sure he'll get over it. :alien51:

ShiftHappens, I am majorly impressed with your experiences. All the music you and Prezellogic mention are my influences, too (among many others). I guess we must all be old farts... :alien51:

I'm a huge Dan fan (yes, the term "Steely Dan" came from a William Burroughs reference to a dildo, I believe). Saw them only once, during the later tours - they were godlike. Peter Erskine on drums, Ned Zing on guitar (who sounded almost better than Larry Carlton).

They were a one of a kind act. No one, I mean no one, else ever sold so many records without touring for so many years.

These days, my musical tastes have gone back to less-produced sounds, but these guys could pull it off live and they'll always have my deepest respect. I'm a studio rat myself and a performer and I have an understanding of the mastery of Fagen and Becker in the studio, as songwriters and performers (though they never really wanted to be performers) - as well as Gary Katz, and all the other stellar musicians who played on those records.

I'd love to hear more of your stories, Pretzel and Shift - I got a few my own... :flop:


On a very 'early' side story, when the 1st 'LP' was completed, 'Can't Buy A Thrill' (1972) ABC asked me to take a test pressing to various college radio stations around the US to see what kind of reaction we would get to their tracks. I would arrange a meeting with the radio station music director and I would explain that we had a 'new' band and 'we' wanted to know what they thought of their music. Every single college campus I went to from Chicago to Dallas to NYC to Boston the reaction was the same. They wanted my copy to play immediately. Some offered bribes, etc. to make a copy but I had made a promise to ABC I would not let anyone get the tracks or I would lose my job. It wasn't even officially released yet. I remember reading that many people thought 'Steely Dan' was a member of the band. LOL Anyway, as they say, 'the rest is history'. When the album was finally released it stormed up the charts immediately. They were so different at the time and yet enjoyable in any genre of music. Gary was always very smug and confident but never really boasted much about their success. If I remember correctly, I believe that Donald and Walter came from an early 60's pop band called, 'Jay And The Americans'. Wow, that was really reaching back into my memory banks. In addition to taking the test pressing 'on the road' we had to decide which track was the most favored to choose a 'single' to release as their debut. It was difficult but 'Reeling In The Years', always came up at the top. I can still here the tune in my head over and over. Hard to forget even as I'm pushing . . . . 70. :owned:




dukettt - I sincerely apologize for the thread turning into music jam head session...I guess it's friday and all in or on same wave length...Ijust wanted to add very tight with Ronald, Okelly, Chris Jasper, Marvin and more so with Ernie... Lenny White RTF, Trish Imboden, Bill Champlpin, Chicago, Vinnie Mad Dog Lopez Original drummer for the Boss, The creator of the electric sitar: Vinnie Bell aka Vincent Gambella inventor of Dan Electo, Coral Amp, SSJ and Asbury Jukes,played with Al Dimeola as a kid "Wally's", Bergen County, NJ, Mahavishnu / John McGlaughlin and Billy Cobham. Jeff Beck and of course my favorites - the amazing Greg Adams--->these guys: tightest band I ever heard

[youtube]vauqRuvzVgs&feature=related[/youtube]


Upload to Disclose.tv




Upload to Disclose.tv



[youtube]DQG7XpCiSVA&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]5HbQlsk8lus&feature=related[/youtube]

Initiate
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 5:58 am » by pretzellogic


last one, I promise, Joey Robinso Sugar Hill Gang / Silvia Robinson, and Joe Lyn Turner, Delaney and Bonnie and some member of Filet of Soul from hackensack who went on to play with Kool and the Gang :flop:

Initiate
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 am

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 am » by pretzellogic



Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:11 am

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 am » by Dukettt


------------------------------
Image
canubis wrote:
a hill goes up not digs itself into a grave newbie.. lol i made the word LOL in 95 on ms CHAT orels ill be saying ROFLMAO fkn n00b


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook