UK is the worst place to get Flu

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm » by Tuor10

Spock wrote:Keep telling yourselves that and the U.S. Olympic teams that consistently bring home the gold.

Massive country with massive resources.
What other country has 30.000 capacity college stadiums?

Fact is, the U.S. is better than Europe in every single aspect of everything.

Walt Disney syndrome.

And soccer sucks and all European soccer players could easily be wiped out by the WWF in a week tops.

Psycho Pearce would Iron out those walking heart attacks.

And, we should bomb you.

And destroy your heritage and history? Not very nice.

The only help for Europe is to be annexed as the 51st state and treated like a red-headed step child. You can be our dishwashers and foot massagers.

The irony is, Americans will be claiming asylum in Europe before long.... :mrgreen:

Initiate

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Spock wrote:Good point Edgar - Hiroshima after U.S. intervention.

Spock, Spock, Spock...

Hoaxes and Urban Legends: Hiroshima 64 years later (is actually Yokohama)

List of hoaxes and urban legends

A chain letter has been making the rounds that compares old pictures showing the devastation of Hiroshima by the 1945 atomic bombing with colorful night time pictures claiming to show it's current state. The same pictures and text have been republished on numerous blogs and personal websites.

The truth is, the email is a blatant fake. The set of 10 current pictures does not show Hiroshima at all. The pictures were taken in Yokohama, a wealthy port city near Tokyo, some 670 km (420 miles) east of Hiroshima. Specifically, the pictures show the Minato Mirai 21 district, which is a part of Yokohama harbour redeveloped as a tourist attraction. It's one of the main sights of Yokohama, after Yokohama Chinatown, which is not far from it. For example, the second pictures shows the Minato Mirai ferris wheel and the Yokohama World Porters shopping mall to its right. The building with the rounded roof shape to its left, across the bridge is the Yokohama Grand Intercontinental Hotel. Based on the angle, the picture was most likely taken from the "Sky Garden" viewing platform on the 69th floor of Landmark Tower, the highest building in Yokohama, which is the tallest of the skyscrapers on the ninth picture.

I can't even begin to understand why someone would fabricate such a blatant fake. It's a bit like contrasting pictures of Pearl Harbour in 1941 with shots of Las Vegas in 2009, claiming it was the same city (I know it's not a good comparison because of what happened there, but I can't think of a better analogy right now).

http://www.joewein.net/hoax/hoax-hiroshima-64-years-later.htm

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 5:38 pm » by Spock

My pic didn't come from a chain email picture Edgar. I simply typed Hiroshima into Google images and wallah, images of Hiroshima came up.

You know, the internet works like that.

Initiate

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 5:56 pm » by Boatman

Initiate

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 5:59 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Spock wrote:My pic didn't come from a chain email picture Edgar. I simply typed Hiroshima into Google images and wallah, images of Hiroshima came up.

You know, the internet works like that.

I'm not a hater, LOL.

It's just that this pic isn't Hiroshima. It's Yohokama.
And it's been posted for ages by A-Bomb apologetics in order to diminish the damage Americans did there.

By the way, this is the key of Japanese post-war economic boom. Not the US.

The keiretsu of Japan arose out of the prewar zaibatsu but differed from the zaibatsu in essential ways. The zaibatsu were family-owned conglomerate businesses that were promoted by the Meiji government of Japan. When the government ran out of funds to carry out major projects for the development of Japan the government commissioned private businesses, often one which had business dealings with the court, to carry out those projects. The businesses received in return monopolies and special privileges from the government.

The zaibatsu were strong supporters of the militaristic government that gained control of Japan. The Allied Occupation broke up the zaibatsu to punish their leadership but also the Occupation wanted to promote democracy and saw the zaibatsu as anti-democratic concentrations of power. Initially firms such as Matsui were prohibited from operating. However the Cold War dictated the necessity of Japan having a strong, vigorish economy. The zaibatsu companies were allowed to re-form and utilize their old names. For middle management in those companies the process was beneficial; they moved up in the management heirarchy.

The general structure of the keiretsu is an association of companies formed around a bank. They cooperate with each other and own shares of each others stock.

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm » by Spock

Soccer sucks.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:03 pm » by Tuor10

Spock wrote:Soccer sucks.

Retort of the week.

:lol:

Initiate

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:06 pm » by Edgar 2.0

America sucks.

EDIT:

Well, mostly...

I like Jazz, though.
And Hendrix.

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:10 pm » by Spock

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 pm » by domdabears

Edgar 2.0 wrote:

America sucks.

EDIT:

Well, mostly...

I like Jazz, though.
And Hendrix.

You see, I made my posts for a reason. It's for pieces of trash like you.

It didn't come out of nowhere.

Have fun being trash.

:owned:
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

PreviousNext