UK TV license scam,let's fix it!!

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm » by Drjones

Yeah another one of my petitons has a grand total of 22 signatures i believe,WOW,it's good to see so many people in the world that want real positive change around :help: ...I mean WHAT excatly are we paying for with the ever increasing price of the UK TV license :?: .It's another scam :shock: and we obey without question...then we moan and groan about how we the sheeple have no money etc wah wah wah...no bloody wonder. :bang;
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/UKTVLicense/

:yell:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 am » by Alexrubic

You do realise how many signatures you would actually need to even stand a chance of influencing the PM?

All he is really interested in is whether he and his party will be re-elected for another term. Since there are some 60 million people in the UK and only a proportion of them will be eligible to vote (say 3/5ths or 36 million) and only 50% of those turn out on polling day (18 million) and he needs more than 50% of those to swing the vote his way (9 million), he will likely want to see upwards of 9 million signatures to give him the heebie-jeebies and make him change his policy!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 3:31 am » by Loveandlight

didnt realise there was a petition :) however it is now signed need to bump your post a little

so here goes

bump :)

Writer

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 4:51 am » by Drsayus

i here ya man im paying like 28 quid every 3 months or so, im a student as well so i need the cash like :(!!!!!
the only way to sort this is to get loads of people to sign but the only way i can see that happening is if u had sum tv ad on the tv/radio but i dont think it would get aird just need to inform more people!

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 am » by Brothers

What I don't understand is why do you people in the UK have to pay for a license to watch the tele. Do you also have to pay for your radios as well??? Also does anyone else in the world pay such taxes??? Here in the US we don't pay except perhaps to listen to all those lousy commercials we have. If the commercials pay to have them on your tele then why do you need a tax for have a telle. Doesn't many any sense. I get the feeling that you people are really taxed the the max on everything and loseing all you freedoms that you great people once enjoyed. Shame that you are going down the tubes. Hope you people straighted it all out before it gets too late for you.

Writer

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 am » by Drsayus

lol every ones going down the tube mate :P!!! but i always say to clean up mess u need to make the mess first :| !

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 am » by Drjones

Long live the "jellyfish" :help:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am » by Murvic

I cancelled my t.v licence direct debit last september deciding i wouldnt buy another, i have been inundated with letters firstly telling me something is wrong with my direct debit and to get in touch urgently to sort it out,and secondly telling me im only covered until feb 09.....despite me having a licence until july 09. I only have a portable which i realised i hadnt turned on for an age so have decided when the man knocks on the door he can take it with him lol I have no intention of buying another ill keep you posted :peep: :sunny:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm » by Alexrubic

I believe this is the only action that is likely to bring about change: i.e., for people to stop buying them! But it takes a concerted effort by a large number of people otherwise the odd one or two will just fall foul of the courts if they also continue to watch their TV sets!

I was under the impression that the license was for receiving, recording and or watching/listening to BBC TV and radio exclusively but it is actually a 'permission' to receive ANY TV broadcast within the UK! However, the Government pays most of this money to the BBC, which does not carry advertising like commercial TV and radio stations! The BBC also has the responsibility of ensuring collection of the licence fee.

The legal wording has been recently updated to say that a TV licence is required to operate any TV, recording device or radio capable of receiving a broadcast 'at the same moment as the majority of the public'. So, in other words, the only way you could legally watch TV or listen to radio without a licence is if you could somehow delay the viewing of/listening to the programme to some time after the broadcast was received at the TV/radio.

Just 'taping' the programme and viewing it later won't work because the wording says "a TV licence is required to operate any TV, recording device or radio capable of receiving a broadcast", so the only way you could pull it off is to have someone else record the programme for you at another location and then give you the recording to watch later! But then they would be required to have the licence and you may both fall foul of copyright laws!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Writer

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm » by Famousmrthomas

you've got my vote.

I am a number, we are all numbers. But together we are infinity.

Good day to you sir. :mrcool:

Sapiens nihil affirmat quod non probat. (A wise man states as true nothing he does not prove)

Next