Under The Dome

Writer

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 12:02 pm » by bones_drones

Anyone else been watching the show on CBS? I haven't read the book but the show has me hooked by the balls. I was thinking a dome over west Africa right now could put us at ease from the Ebola disease that's spreading rapidly.. I do suggest the show though to anyone, cute girls, crooked politicians, murder, little bit of love story thrown. In. A huge unpredictable dome. Pychopaths along side non pychopaths. Anyone who stopped watching during or after the firt season, the second season is better. Steven kings book, even speildberg working on it. Did I mention the girls in it? all smoke shows. Oh yea please no spoilers here from the book.. I'd like to see if some dtv users are watching and what ya think about it

Super Moderator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 1:22 pm » by Slith

bones_drones wrote:Anyone else been watching the show on CBS? I haven't read the book but the show has me hooked by the balls. I was thinking a dome over west Africa right now could put us at ease from the Ebola disease that's spreading rapidly.. I do suggest the show though to anyone, cute girls, crooked politicians, murder, little bit of love story thrown. In. A huge unpredictable dome. Pychopaths along side non pychopaths. Anyone who stopped watching during or after the firt season, the second season is better. Steven kings book, even speildberg working on it. Did I mention the girls in it? all smoke shows. Oh yea please no spoilers here from the book.. I'd like to see if some dtv users are watching and what ya think about it

Haven't seen it yet, but they've been heavily advertising it on the Space network here. Looks intriguing

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Absolutely nothing like the book

http://theaudiobookbay.com/?s=stephen+k ... r+the+dome

Enjoy!
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Writer

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 3:16 am » by bones_drones

Thanks big dog. I'll be checking that out

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 3:29 am » by Thebluecanary

I've never seen it, but I know it's pretty different from the book. (The book was interesting, but not King's best work IMO)

It's filmed near where I live, and I even have some friends who were extras. They keep telling me how awesome it is, maybe I should check it out. Is it on Netflix?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Writer

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 12:30 pm » by bones_drones

I looked for it on Netflix months ago but couldn't find it, possible now tho season two has came out.. I highly suggest the show especially the further along its got.. every time I watch a new episode it brings me under that dome for the hour, sometimes i just wish I can stay

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 12:43 pm » by Icarus1

its awful and i mean awful , dont waste your time , if your a king fan and have read the book you will be disappointed .
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm » by Icarus1

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 2:50 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Icarus1 wrote:have some real horror

http://www.firedrive.com/file/3BD3J9ZO1MWWW0S

James Mason, Absolutely awesome..... :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 07, 2014 2:21 am » by Thebluecanary

Icarus1 wrote:its awful and i mean awful , dont waste your time , if your a king fan and have read the book you will be disappointed .

I never expect any movie/TV show made from a King novel to be anything like the books. For such a good, prolific writer, poor guy seems cursed when it comes to adaptations. I've heard enough about Under the Dome to make me curious, and the book wasn't one of my favorites, so I could maybe forget I read it long enough to see if I'm interested in the series. Got to do something till Walking Dead comes back in October.

I'm cautiously excited about the upcoming movie adaptation of Joe Hill's Horns…though I was surprised to see that they've cast little Harry Potter in it. If you haven't read Joe Hill…you should. Heart Shaped Box is on my desert island book list. I think Joe might…gasp…be better than his dad.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Next