Uploading videos from news sites

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm

PostThu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 pm » by Ovniac


From a newbie in this field, how do you grab videos from sites like CNN, BBC and such?

Holding the Control key on my Mac, I only see the Flash Player settings. As well. using one of the video capture sites suggested here will not work either.

Grateful for any help.

Initiate
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 pm

PostThu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm » by Cosmonaut


I use firefox and have a video downloader plug-in that I use to get videos. Hope that's some use to you. :)

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm

PostThu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm » by Ovniac


cosmonaut wrote:I use firefox and have a video downloader plug-in that I use to get videos. Hope that's some use to you. :)


What the name of the plug-in you use? Thanks.
Image

Initiate
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 12:07 am » by Cosmonaut


ovniac wrote:
cosmonaut wrote:I use firefox and have a video downloader plug-in that I use to get videos. Hope that's some use to you. :)


What the name of the plug-in you use? Thanks.



Here you are. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390

Or here.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/conversion-manual.php

Hopefully these will provide you with all the info you need. :D

Initiate
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:50 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 am » by Lowmank


I use WM recorder 12

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 pm » by Ovniac


cosmonaut wrote:
ovniac wrote:
cosmonaut wrote:I use firefox and have a video downloader plug-in that I use to get videos. Hope that's some use to you. :)


What the name of the plug-in you use? Thanks.



Here you are. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2390

Or here.

http://www.downloadhelper.net/conversion-manual.php

Hopefully these will provide you with all the info you need. :D


Thanks, bud. I looked into it, but it's for Firefox only. I use Safari. Having said that, I did a bit more research and found Videobox (http://www.tastyapps.com) which also works well on most sites, except the ones with streaming video, which they're working on for a future upgrade.
Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm » by Ovniac


lowmank wrote:I use WM recorder 12


As I said at the beginning, I'm a newbie at this. So what is this? Hardware? Software? Who makes this? How does it work?
Image

Initiate
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:15 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 pm » by Cosmonaut


ovniac wrote:Thanks, bud. I looked into it, but it's for Firefox only. I use Safari. Having said that, I did a bit more research and found Videobox (http://www.tastyapps.com) which also works well on most sites, except the ones with streaming video, which they're working on for a future upgrade.


Cool, at least you found a solution and hopefully you'll be posting more videos :flop:


I just had a quick search on youtube and found this. Maybe it will be of some help..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ3nnPmx1dY

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:12 pm

PostFri Sep 12, 2008 4:15 pm » by Ovniac


cosmonaut wrote:
ovniac wrote:Thanks, bud. I looked into it, but it's for Firefox only. I use Safari. Having said that, I did a bit more research and found Videobox (http://www.tastyapps.com) which also works well on most sites, except the ones with streaming video, which they're working on for a future upgrade.


Cool, at least you found a solution and hopefully you'll be posting more videos :flop:


I just had a quick search on youtube and found this. Maybe it will be of some help..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ3nnPmx1dY


Thanks. YouTube is the easiest. It's all the other sites that I hope to figure out one day. For example, how would you go about grabbing a BBC video like this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7610919.stm
Image

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 am

PostSat Sep 13, 2008 1:21 am » by Tetrahedron


Does anyone know what is wrong with firefox? I downloaded a couple different video downloader add ons and all it says is "This add on will be installed when firefox is restarted." Ive restarted firefox, my computer, and downloaded the newest Firefox version. and it wont stop saying i need to restart firefox for the add ons to work. ???


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook