URGENT: MASSIVE - I mean MASSIVE - 7.7 quake hits India !!!

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm » by Slith

When a rock ( earth) can grow trees, grass etc. Expand and contract as if breathing. I believe this constitutes a lifeform. But that's just me thinking out loud

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:17 pm » by TheDuck

towelie wrote:The earth does tick the right boxes to constitute "life" but only in the same way that fire would also count, things can be alive and withought thought.
I just link all of this with the energetic area of space were entering into, its gonna have some effects on the planets, wonder how much of an effect though.

Agreed but who knows could be massive could be cumulative, could be just slightly worse than normal.
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:20 pm » by Clawspiracy

Atoms have a nucleus. Cells have a nucleus. The Earth has a core. If you drew lines around the orbits of the planets, your picture would look like rough version of an atom, with the sun as the nucleus. Is it just a coincidence that these forms are they way they are?

I say no. It is by a grand design.
It's a Clawspiracy...

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:21 pm » by Slith

Nice point Claw, never saw it like that

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 pm » by Drextin

This location in India has a long history of massive earthquakes

I wish that was reassuring. Fact is that the major fault lines are going to be the first ones to go off since they are already so sensitive.

I'll really be concerned if and when volcanic activity becomes widespread from a once dormant state.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:23 pm » by Savwafair2012

clawspiracy wrote:Atoms have a nucleus. Cells have a nucleus. The Earth has a core. If you drew lines around the orbits of the planets, your picture would look like rough version of an atom, with the sun as the nucleus. Is it just a coincidence that these forms are they way they are?

I say no. It is by a grand design.

Grand design or Inteligent design? :look:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:28 pm » by TheDuck

drextin wrote:
This location in India has a long history of massive earthquakes

I wish that was reassuring. Fact is that the major fault lines are going to be the first ones to go off since they are already so sensitive.

I'll really be concerned if and when volcanic activity becomes widespread from a once dormant state.

So will I and Krakatoa awakened the other day...

@ Claw yeh that's the way I've always saw things what is big is the same as what is small.

Right film on..
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 pm » by Drextin

Hey guys I started a whole other thread on the issue of a living earth so we could leave this one for the earthquakes.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 pm » by Savwafair2012

WASHINGTON - A massive magnitude 7.6 quake struck in the Indian Ocean off India's Andaman Islands, triggering a tsunami watch for India, Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand and Bangladesh, the U.S. Geological Survey reported on Monday.

The USGS said the quake, initially reported as a magnitude 7.7, was 20.6 miles deep and was centered 160 miles north of Port Blair in the Andaman Islands.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a tsunami watch for the region. "Sea level readings indicate a tsunami was generated," the center said in a statement. "It may have been destructive along coasts near the earthquake epicenter."

Indonesia said it was monitoring its coasts, and the center said the danger could persist for two hours along coasts near the epicenter.

USGS seismologist William Leith said the quake could be an aftershock to the December 2004 earthquake that sparked the massive tsunami that killed more than 200,000 people.

Leith said it appeared to have happened on the same plate boundary and the same area in the Indian Ocean as the 2004 earthquake.

For a quake as strong as the one in 2004, aftershocks can continue for years, he said.

:look:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm » by Towelie

I think it was Pioneer10 that first showed that our system would be entering a high energy area of space(although i cant remember for certain, was a long time ago.) I always just figured it was on about the Galactic Plane, as most of these particles come from the centre of our galxy, so we will be getting closer to this "energy" now.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

PreviousNext