US: ‘Last Chance’ for Iran to Shut Down Civilian Nuclear Pro

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 5:54 am » by Malogg

US: ‘Last Chance’ for Iran to Shut Down Civilian Nuclear Program

Officials Demand Iran 'Surrender' Existing Nuclear Fuel
by Jason Ditz, April 08, 2012
Print This | Share This
Making sure that the level of demands that they are issuing are so high that Iran cannot possibly meet them, US officials today said that the upcoming Turkey meeting is Iran’s “last chance” to abandon its entire civilian nuclear program, shut down all enrichment facilities and “surrender” all of their nuclear fuel to the West.

The demands are much broader than anything US officials ever indicated they would seek earlier, but were in keeping with those that Israeli officials have recently been pushing for, particularly the demand that Iran simply give their nuclear fuel to the West as some sort of bribe for not being attacked.

Under Iran’s IAEA safeguards agreement, they would be under no obligation to do any of these things. President Obama has conceded in the past that Iran has a “right” to a peaceful civilian nuclear program, which indeed is the right of every signatory to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, but seems now to have given up this position, at least in practice.

The vast majority of Iran’s uranium is enriched to 4.5 percent, for use in the Russian-built Bushehr power plant. A smaller amount has been further enriched to 20 percent, with the goal of being converted to fuel rods for the US-built Tehran Research Reactor, a source of medical isotopes. 20 percent is technically “highly enriched uranium,” but is far below weapons grade. Experts agree that uranium would need to be enriched to at least 90 percent, and potentially even higher, to make a nuclear weapon .

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/04/08/us-l ... r-program/

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 am » by The57ironman

i think it's all a big ruse , myself.....

i find it laughable , to think of barry as a tough guy that the middle east could take seriously...

Mark Twain:

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 am » by Malogg

Yeap Obozo is Mossad's BIATCH !

Fkn ninnyhammers

Writer

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 am » by Epipsyche

Indeed, during the Iraq interwar period of the 1990s, people were saying similar things. Most commentators dismissed the possibility of an American invasion of Iraq even until the last minute. The now infamous United Nations Security Council presentation on February 5, 2003 was immediately seen by many observers and attendees as an outright fraud. Yet the war happened and we've pretty much all but forgotten about it and moved on.

Some say this mounting pressure on Iran is actually the media face of a behind-the-scenes struggle to convince the Islamic Republic to cut support to Syria.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 am » by Eldorado

I also find it fucking annoying that Obama's inability to control the situation shows that there are no real checks and balances left in this nation..........He's got a Nobel Peace Prize, at a time of war???

he cant even stop the DEA from raiding a medical marijuana facility....how's he gonna stop the warmonger from going after his oil and pipelines......???

How's he gonna look when he allows the Jews to attack Iran??? Like the Hero of Libya?? Like the Savior of Syria?? Like the Saint of Sudan???

Comes to Vermont.....for a fund raiser.......does he care enough to meet anyone from the real parts of the city....the Urban Legend Wanda Sikes would have met with him over the policies going on here that are corrupt, but he's too busy to regulate.....he's onto a $7500.00 dinner plate, and rubbing elbows with the Jews who have taken over Vermont......Bernie Sanders and Miro Weinberger.....

Im not happy bout this asshole setting foot in Vermont.....especially in Burlington where I ran for mayor in 2009......we had a rally going on against Hitlery Clinton's daughter coming here for her image of prestige and priss........fucking sickening.
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 am » by Mediasorcerer

i wonder which obama that is in the photo? the double or real one,?
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am » by Opalserpent

I wish they would just hurry up and attack, they have their media demonising them everyday for producing nuclear fuel that many including north korea have done.

Iran is a member of the non nuclear proliferation treaty but that doesn't mean shit when you are wanting them turned to dust and your religious zealots.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 am » by Toxic32

It seems to me that the general state of the world is one of death and turmoil with an underlying inevitability that we are rolling downhill in a groove towards a third world war and there is absolutely fuckall we can do about it. I can hear the screams from the backseat telling the world to hit the brakes because I'm one of them. The driver is to drunk with pride to listen. I don't want to be around in a post apocalyptic world.

There can be no greater error than to expect, or calculate, upon real favors from nation to nation. It is an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ...
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.