US to donate '$900m in Gaza aid'

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 am » by Dirtyrabbit

posted on the front page

US to donate '$900m in Gaza aid'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7907483.stm

The United States is preparing to donate some $900m (£621m) for Gaza, an Obama administration official said.

The aid would not go to Hamas, the group that controls the territory, but it would help the Palestinian Authority, the official added.

It comes as the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton prepares to attend a Palestinian donors' conference.

Any US aid would have to be approved by Congress, where some are wary that funds could still end up with Hamas.

The donors' conference in Egypt next week will discuss humanitarian and reconstruction needs in the Gaza Strip after Israel's recent military offensive.

Two separate Palestinian surveys have put the cost of the damage at just under $2bn.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 am » by Crunchy

im willing to bet everything i own that this will be blocked by both sides (or is it aipac ? ie both sides)
i have become so cynical in the last few years that all i see is sound bytes
and promises

The aid would not go to Hamas, the group that controls the territory, but it would help the Palestinian Authority, the official added.

Any US aid would have to be approved by Congress, where some are wary that funds could still end up with Hamas.

these two lines say it all ..... this report is just to give the illusion that the US government cares
ha ! as if :bang;