Using Ufology and Science as a Living.

Initiate

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 6:05 pm » by jeremyjr

Using Ufology and Science as a Living.

I want to establish a similarity between professional ufologists and professional scientists.

Both groups have a more or less "fixed" worldview that is almost religiously cherished by them, anything that puts in danger that worldview is despised and strongly rejected in the same way that any religious fanatic will fight anything contradicting their religion.

Both groups make a living of their activity, so their continual well being depends in the stability of their respective areas and careers.

Many times you hear some people from the scientific group making allusion to how the professional ufologists are making a business out of this area of interest. Even when I do believe than that is one of the reasons that perpetuate the myths that overwhelm this area of interest it is really highly hypocritical that allusion coming from professional scientists that make a living out of "making science", it is a well known fact that very few professional scientists are really producing new ideas and insights and many are just "milking the cow".

And this situation is really not surprising, any organized or semi-homogeneous group of people will levitate towards the same standards: trying to perpetuate the current status quo and resisting anything that have the minimal possibility of affecting that status quo.

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 6:15 pm » by Fives

jeremyjr wrote:Using Ufology and Science as a Living.

I want to establish a similarity between professional ufologists and professional scientists.

Both groups have a more or less "fixed" worldview that is almost religiously cherished by them, anything that puts in danger that worldview is despised and strongly rejected in the same way that any religious fanatic will fight anything contradicting their religion.

Both groups make a living of their activity, so their continual well being depends in the stability of their respective areas and careers.

Many times you hear some people from the scientific group making allusion to how the professional ufologists are making a business out of this area of interest. Even when I do believe than that is one of the reasons that perpetuate the myths that overwhelm this area of interest it is really highly hypocritical that allusion coming from professional scientists that make a living out of "making science", it is a well known fact that very few professional scientists are really producing new ideas and insights and many are just "milking the cow".

And this situation is really not surprising, any organized or semi-homogeneous group of people will levitate towards the same standards: trying to perpetuate the current status quo and resisting anything that have the minimal possibility of affecting that status quo.

I agree completely. Everyone is in it for one of three things: Fame, Money, or Agenda. And lets not forget how many times scientists have been proven wrong in their conclusions.

Initiate

PostFri Jun 13, 2014 7:50 pm » by jeremyjr

If I were to mention a simple core natural reason to the many myths and problems that abundant in the area called Ufology, and you could argue that it is at the core of its existence, I will definitely mention the sky scattering of visible light as one of the main reason.

Because of this natural phenomenon any relatively small, semi opaque object is "invisible" to the naked eye just by being at a few thousand feet in altitude in a clear sky. Let me rephrase that statement again: in any clear sky in daylight any small object that is a few thousands feet in altitude will be invisible due to the sky scattering of visible light.

This blinding effect caused by the sky scattering of visible light makes a deep psychological impact on us, misleading us to believe than in a clear blue sky when we don't see anything looking at the sky there is nothing up there, but in reality the sky is always swarming with varied objects, anomalies one of them. It is the exact case that with microorganisms, we can't see them but they are all around us all the time.

If the sky were fully transparent and the level of light scattering were a lot smaller then we will see a lot of objects swarming the skies, anomalies will be a constant presence on that view, but because of this blinding effect almost all these objects are invisible to us, anomalies move usually at very high altitude, in rare occasions they move at lower altitudes and then in these occasions they are easily seen by people with naked or using optical instruments with limited optics as camcorders, there are many different "types" of anomalies, with many different configurations, all these rare "apparitions" have been the source of many mythologies and fantasies, many nurturing the myths of Ufology.

A full understanding of this effect caused by the sky scattering of visible light is really a big first step in starting to uncover the many unknowns in this field.

An understanding of this effect is the main idea behind a dual optical system.

Initiate

PostFri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 pm » by jeremyjr

I want to say to the mod moving these posts around in a random way that you are doing a very bad job, really bad. I really do not know what is your agenda, but it does not look very good to me. You are mixing things that do not have anything to do with the other, really crappy.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 14, 2014 12:08 pm » by Slith

jeremyjr wrote:I want to say to the mod moving these posts around in a random way that you are doing a very bad job, really bad. I really do not know what is your agenda, but it does not look very good to me. You are mixing things that do not have anything to do with the other, really crappy.

Firstly....

Most of your videos are ridiculously similar. They look like sparks and balloons and are not clear. They have been moved to the Hoax and dis-info section, because what you see in your minds eye, is not what the rest of the members see. Perhaps you missed that in the responses to your posts. :headscratch:

Secondly......

You don't contribute anywhere else on the forum unless it's a thread started by you.

So......................What... is your agenda Sparky?