Vaccinations are NOT mandatory in Canada

Writer

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 am » by Kitten

the start of this thread is that vaccines cannot be mandatory due to the canadian constitution, but there are amendemnts made to public health laws which seem to override our rights stated inthe consitiution. Also in America, the model state emergency powers act, which was passed or versions of it in 39 states is where the concern comes from about mandated vaccines. There was an amendment on july 27th 2009 in quebec to the public health act in quebec which does say they can forcefully vaccinate you if you are deemed a public health risk.apaerently greece has come straight out and said it is mandatory. Also i think there is rumor that france and china will aslo mandate but i don't know for sure. i will include the link to the quebec legislation and aplogize for the lack of articulation. i'm tired but wanted to throw out what i know.
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.q ... /S2_2.html
article 109, 123 and 126.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 12:59 am » by Slith

kitten wrote:the start of this thread is that vaccines cannot be mandatory due to the canadian constitution, but there are amendemnts made to public health laws which seem to override our rights stated inthe consitiution. Also in America, the model state emergency powers act, which was passed or versions of it in 39 states is where the concern comes from about mandated vaccines. There was an amendment on july 27th 2009 in quebec to the public health act in quebec which does say they can forcefully vaccinate you if you are deemed a public health risk.apaerently greece has come straight out and said it is mandatory. Also i think there is rumor that france and china will aslo mandate but i don't know for sure. i will include the link to the quebec legislation and aplogize for the lack of articulation. i'm tired but wanted to throw out what i know.

I work in long term health care Kitten, in Ottawa. I asked them what the repurcussions of my refusing the shot would mean. They said that if an outbreak occured in the home I would be sent home until it was over, with no pay. I can deal with that.

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Writer

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 am » by Kitten

yes i work in health care too and that's seems to be what 'they' say right now.
but there is no denying that this amendment and it's implications are questionable

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 am » by Slith

Very questionable to say the least. But refuse to be forced into it. I would rather die a free man than one who has been subjegated and forced into something

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Initiate

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 am » by Adamflownemo

kitten wrote:the start of this thread is that vaccines cannot be mandatory due to the canadian constitution, but there are amendemnts made to public health laws which seem to override our rights stated inthe consitiution. Also in America, the model state emergency powers act, which was passed or versions of it in 39 states is where the concern comes from about mandated vaccines. There was an amendment on july 27th 2009 in quebec to the public health act in quebec which does say they can forcefully vaccinate you if you are deemed a public health risk.apaerently greece has come straight out and said it is mandatory. Also i think there is rumor that france and china will aslo mandate but i don't know for sure. i will include the link to the quebec legislation and aplogize for the lack of articulation. i'm tired but wanted to throw out what i know.

From what I gather and I did read all of it. These are internal rules and regulations for the Ministry of Health and all of its departments regarding population health and what can be done in the event of an epidemic of some kind or if one individual will be the carrier of some very severe and contagious form of a disease. Of course they are continously monitoring public health and this tells them what they should do, I might be wrong but this is no reason for concern
merci chatton

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 5:36 am » by Hesop

UPDATE: This just in...

Off of Yahoo News.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_he_me/us_med_swine_flu

FDA approves new swine flu vaccine
WASHINGTON – The Food and Drug Administration approved the new swine flu vaccine Tuesday, a long-anticipated step as the government works to start mass vaccinations next month. Limited supplies should start trickling out the first week of October — about a week earlier than expected, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told Congress. Then about 45 million doses should arrive around Oct. 15, followed by more shipments each week.

She said they'll be available at up to 90,000 sites, including schools and clinics, across the U.S. that state health departments have chosen as best at getting the shots out fast.

Eventually, "we will have enough vaccine available for everyone," Sebelius said. Everyone who wants it, that is.

The new swine flu seems no more deadly than regular winter flu, which every year kills 36,000 Americans and hospitalizes 200,000. But there's an important difference: This H1N1 strain sickens younger people more frequently than the people over 65 who are the main victims of seasonal flu.

The vast majority of people who get swine flu "so far are not terribly ill," Sebelius noted, saying most will recover fine at home with some rest and fluids. And they shouldn't race to doctors' offices seeking tests to find out what kind of flu they have — H1N1 or the regular strains that circulate every winter — because treatment is the same.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 am » by Lowsix

We did lose a healthy 12 year old girl here locally yesterday.

Very sad..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 6:17 am » by Hesop

I can understand that, very sad.
Locally here, nothing. As many people there are that love to gossip, and work at the Hospital, or other Dr's offices, nothing. No reports at all.
When my kids were young, it was always difficult for me when they got sick. I don't like feeling powerless, when it comes to my kids well being.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 3:03 pm » by Drjones

FDA Approves 4 Swine Flu Vaccines
Agency expects first batches to be available within a month

http://www.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=631013 :rtft:

TUESDAY, Sept. 15 (HealthDay News) -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday approved four H1N1 swine flu vaccines, with the first doses expected to be available within four weeks.

Super Moderator

PostWed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 pm » by TheDuck

On Monday, several new studies suggested that people infected with swine flu seem to be contagious longer than patients with ordinary seasonal flu are.
:lol: :badair:

Its the pigs I feel sorry for...Image

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

PreviousNext