Vatican holds astrobiology conference

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 8:09 pm » by Cryptillian

why are we surprised

when science proved the earth was a globe....the church changed its doctrine

as western medicine advances....the church changes its doctrine

when science (math) virtually proved that alien cultures must exist somewhere in the universe...the church changes its doctrine

the thing that confuses me is how you go from...."mathematically there must be alien cultures somewhere".......to....."their here"

seems like a tremendous leap
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 pm » by Bladerunner

cryptillian wrote:why are we surprised

when science (math) virtually proved that alien cultures must exist somewhere in the universe...the church changes its doctrine

the thing that confuses me is how you go from...."mathematically there must be alien cultures somewhere".......to....."their here"

I reckon in answer to the last bit Cryptll it appears as a logical conclusion that we will bump into something ET eventually, the universe and beyond is large but sooner or later we meet.

Phaps also the church considers that Angels/Astrals are to be considered as alien as indeed anything non homo sapien is!

Lainn, your right the conditioning for disclosure has been going on for some time now either subtly or not with films, books, tv series, conferences, news reports and the fact in the latter case many news presenters make light of Ufo's or Et's shows that they are maybe uncomfortable with the reality of this concept a defense mechanism approach.
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 8:27 pm » by TheDuck

Didn't like my Avatar ideas then Lainn lol

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 9:58 pm » by Heinousone

bladerunner wrote:

I reckon in answer to the last bit Cryptll it appears as a logical conclusion that we will bump into something ET eventually, the universe and beyond is large but sooner or later we meet.

Phaps also the church considers that Angels/Astrals are to be considered as alien as indeed anything non homo sapien is!

Lainn, your right the conditioning for disclosure has been going on for some time now either subtly or not with films, books, tv series, conferences, news reports and the fact in the latter case many news presenters make light of Ufo's or Et's shows that they are maybe uncomfortable with the reality of this concept a defense mechanism approach.

As far as how do we make the leap from "They are out there" to "They are here" I would say we may not end up having the deciding vote on how that happens. By we, I mean humans.

And bladerunner you are absolutely correct in concern of these teleprompter readers we see on TV. Whenever they have to face a very serious situation that requires actual thinking and not just watching images that are easy to speak about, they get very nervous. Remember, they have millions of people possibly listening to what they have to say about it and they don't want to be made fun of when they go to the bar later so they make quick little comments at the end to cover themselves because they are really unsure about all of this.

Personally though as more and more of society comes around I think we will begin to see a quick shift in how these teleprompter readers and interviewers react to discussions about this subject. As we speed forth towards such they, they attention whores that they are, are going to want to be one of those who seems on the cutting edge of intellectual discussion.

That...and maybe the reporter on V may intrigue them personally. I mean....who wouldn't want to have one of the first interviews with an alien species? Holy shit that would be awesome.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 10:20 pm » by Bladerunner

Heinousone I think its also interesting to compare how differant countries report ufo's, South American countries have a less flippant attitude compared to other countries who in many instances choose a joke approach..
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 11:07 pm » by Tinman4higher

The internet is making us all smarter....including the vatican. Knowledge will be their demise, eventually. However, for now, I think they are just trying to stay ahead of the curve instead of being dragged to the truth.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Previous