Vatican holds astrobiology conference

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 3:45 pm » by Abyssdnb

Though it may seem an unlikely location to happen upon a conference on astrobiology, the Vatican recently held a study week of over 30 astronomers, biologists, geologists and religious leaders to discuss the question of the existence of extraterrestrials.

This follows the statement made last year by the Popes chief astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, that the existence of extraterrestrials does not preclude a belief in God, and that its a question to be explored by the Catholic Church. The event, put on by the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, took place at the Casina Pio IV on the Vatican grounds from November 6-11.
[youtube]<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR85ts-CaJc"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR85ts-CaJc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>[/youtube]

The Pontifical Academy of Sciences held a "study week" to explore the question of the existence of extraterrestials. Credit: The Vatican The conference was meant to focus on the scientific perspective on the subject of the existence of extraterrestrial life, and pulled in perspectives from atheist scientists and Catholic leaders alike.

It was split into eight different segments, starting with a topics about life here on Earth such as the origins of life, the Earths habitability through time, and the environment and genomes.

Then the detection of life elsewhere, search strategies for extrasolar planets, the formation and properties of extrasolar planets was discussed, culminating in the last segment, intelligence elsewhere and shadow life life with a biochemistry completely different than that found on Earth.

Speakers at the event included notable physicist Paul Davies and Jill C. Tarter, the Director of the Center for SETI Research. Numerous astrobiologists and astronomers researching extrasolar planets also were in attendance to give lectures. The whole series of speech abstracts and a list of participants is available in a brochure on the Vatican site, here.

The event was held to mark the International Year of Astronomy, and the participants hope to collect the lectures into a book. Father Gabriel Funes, the chief astronomer of the Vatican, said in an interview to the Vatican paper, Osservatore Romano last year:

Just like there is an abundance of creatures on earth, there could also be other beings, even intelligent ones, that were created by God. That doesnt contradict our faith, because we cannot put boundaries to Gods creative freedom. As saint Francis would say, when we consider the earthly creatures to be our brothers and sisters, why couldnt we also talk about a extraterrestrial brother? He would still be part of creation.

Even with the discovery of over 400 exoplanets, the question of extraterrestrial life still remains to be answered in our own Solar System. It is a pertinent question for the religious and non-religious alike.

Though it wasnt answered at this most recent conference, the existence of life outside what we know here on Earth has an equal impact on the findings of science as it does the meaning of religion. This event certainly brought the two under the same roof for what were surely some interesting and fruitful conversations.
Image "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it."

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 4:41 pm » by Rizze

Good post abyssdnb :flop:

I dislike the reporters making fun at the end of this video........ "bunch of losers"
Why do they do such things?

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 pm » by Captchaos

OUTER SPACE MISSIONARIES
Posted on Wednesday, June 10th, 2009
By Erik Van Datiken,
VATICAN CITY – Two dozen Roman Catholic priests have completed a top-secret program preparing them to serve as missionaries – to outer space!

And the Vatican has ordered the clerics on standby alert – ready to fly off to the stars the minute we make official contact with life on another planet.

“This is a truly staggering development, because for the first time the Church is recognizing that human beings are not the only intelligent creatures in the universe,” theology professor Dr. Rudolph Koller told reporters in Salzburg, Austria.

“And it signals that the Vatican is prepared to spend millions, even billions, of dollars to convert extraterrestrials to a religion that is almost certainly foreign to their own.”

Weekly World News first reported that the Church was training a bold new breed of missionary to travel to Mars and beyond back in January 2004, after word leaked that a secret UFO section had been established at the Vatican University’s Alfonsian Academy.

The program was designed to assure that the Catholic Church leads the way “when the time comes to Christianize alien societies,” a Vatican source said.

During the five years since then, 23 handpicked priests from around the world – including four Americans – have undergone intensive training in “approaches and techniques” to be used in spreading the gospel in space.

“These men are now fully trained to take on the most challenging mission in the history of organized religion,” the source said.

“Pope Benedict XVI has ordered them to be ready to go at a moment’s notice.”

Father Pierre Sorel, a Vatican theologian, insists it’s vitally important that the Church prepare itself to begin missionary work among the stars.

“The existence of alien races in outer space is hardly certain,” he said. “Still, we cannot afford to ignore space exploration or the possibility of meeting other living creatures.”

But Franco D’Alema, newly elected president of the Rome-based Citizens for Non-Intervention in Alien Affairs, urged the Vatican to abandon its “foolhardy” plan to convert aliens to Catholicism.

“We are about to embark on the most mind-boggling period of discovery mankind has ever seen, a time when we will be introduced to beings unlike anything we can presently imagine,” D’Alema said.

“Let’s not mess it up by preaching and thumping our Bibles. That will only make other residents of the universe grow to despise us.”
I also read that this is not the first step the Vatican has taken to (come out of the closet), The Vatican has considered the issue in the past, hosting a similar ALIEN CONFERENCE conference in 2005.

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 6:12 pm » by Captchaos

CN. THE VATICAN. SPECIAL REPORT. Skeletal remains resembling 'space aliens' have been excavated from the basement floor of a centuries old vault under the Vatican Library.

The Library had been undergoing a major restoration to its' underground vaults, of which many, CN has learned, still contained dirt floors that have not felt a human foot in over 500 years.

The above picture of a restoration worker holding an alien skull was obtained by CN through an anonymous carrier. The Vatican Military has closed all entry to the Library. Although a Vatican spokesperson was quoted expressing his awe and excitement concerning the find; he later disavowed any knowledge of the comment.
http://www.greatdreams.com/ufos/vatican.htm

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:17 pm » by TheDuck

captchaos wrote:Image
CN. THE VATICAN. SPECIAL REPORT. Skeletal remains resembling 'space aliens' have been excavated from the basement floor of a centuries old vault under the Vatican Library.

The Library had been undergoing a major restoration to its' underground vaults, of which many, CN has learned, still contained dirt floors that have not felt a human foot in over 500 years.

The above picture of a restoration worker holding an alien skull was obtained by CN through an anonymous carrier. The Vatican Military has closed all entry to the Library. Although a Vatican spokesperson was quoted expressing his awe and excitement concerning the find; he later disavowed any knowledge of the comment.
http://www.greatdreams.com/ufos/vatican.htm

Haven't seen that before cool :flop:

This is funny, from the web site..
United States envoy, James D. Arnold, states "everyone just needs to calm down about this matter. The Vatican area was once swamp land. I think people are just seeing the effects of swamp gas."
:badair: :lol:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 pm » by Cryptillian

so let me get this strait......the catholic church is going to send Jesuits and Knights Templar to the planet Alsion-Five.......to convert them to catholicism.

is this a good idea?

starting a crusade with poorly armed Arabian Muslims....was a bad idea.

starting a crusade with interdemensional aliens.....with photon torpedos and phaserz. :nails: is a really, really ,really , ridiculously, really bad idea

i might be out of line here but maybe we should send the Buddhists monks.....instead of the catholic space crusaders.

seems like the ending would be happier for us
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

Super Moderator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm » by TheDuck

cryptillian wrote:so let me get this strait......the catholic church is going to send Jesuits and Knights Templar to the planet Alsion-Five.......to convert them to catholicism.

is this a good idea?

starting a crusade with interdemensional aliens.....with photon torpedos and phaserz. :nails: is a really, really ,really , ridiculously, really bad idea

i might be out of line here but maybe we should send the Buddhists monks.....instead of the catholic space crusaders.

Unfortunately the Monks are too busy making pretty sand pictures to do anything useful :lol:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:47 pm » by Humanbeing

United States envoy, James D. Arnold, states "everyone just needs to calm down about this matter. The Vatican area was once swamp land. I think people are just seeing the effects of swamp gas."

are you fucking serious??!! that is the funniest shit i have ever heard!!!!

anyways, even i am impressed that the vatican is looking into ET matters. hell, even i'd jump on them ships to go preach to other beings, i dont give two hoots about religion, but i just wanna get on a ship and watch the earth get smaller and smaller as i fly away. but still, its better then them denouncing the possibilities of life elsewhere in the universe. i figured they would never be down with ET

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:55 pm » by Cryptillian

theduck wrote:
cryptillian wrote:so let me get this strait......the catholic church is going to send Jesuits and Knights Templar to the planet Alsion-Five.......to convert them to catholicism.

is this a good idea?

Unfortunately the Monks are too busy making pretty sand pictures to do anything useful :lol:

sand pictures could be our repayment for all the pretty crop circles 'they' keep sending us.

and if the monks dont want the job..........i'm thinking scientologists :flop:
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 8:03 pm » by lainn

they have started conditioning their followers a while back....seems not so weird to have observed the reaction of people since then.... disclosure is happening right in front of you...with all systen tools working well as one in sync...

Next