Victory; Senate to Kill Monsanto Protection Act Amid Outrage

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 1:18 am » by Phoenix rising

Reasons to be cheerful :) :wink: :clapper:

Victory: Senate to Kill Monsanto Protection Act Amid Outrage

In a major victory brought upon by serious activism and public outrage, new legislation changes will shut down the Monsanto Protection Act rider that granted Monsanto protection from legal action and was set to renew on September 30th.

Upload to Disclose.tv

This unprecedented move shows the true power of the anti-GMO, anti-Monsanto movement, and how elected officials are now being forced to side with the concerned population over the money-spewing Monsanto. After all, it was Monsanto who purchased its way into the initial Senate spending bill legislation via a rider dubbed the ‘Monsanto Protection Act’ through Senator Roy Blunt.

Officially labeled the Farmer Assurance Provision under Sec. 735 of the Senate Continuing Resolution spending bill, Senator Blunt was conveniently given over $64,000 by Monsanto before he handed the biotech corporation the ability to write its own legislation for the Monsanto Protection Act. And as I told you back in March here on the frontlines of anti-GMO activism, the financial payload dished out by Monsanto was enough to secure a major victory for corporations over both the public and even the federal government.

It was last March that Obama signed the initial Senate spending bill into law, subsequently bringing the Monsanto Protection Act rider into legal validity as well. But the rider only extended until September 30th of this year, and it was up to Monsanto to pull another slippery legislative trick out of their sleeves in order to pass a Monsanto Protection Act 2.0 renewal. Once again, however, Monsanto executives underestimated the power of the alternative news community and the intelligence of those who do not want to eat contaminated food.

And as a result, Senators are being forced to respond in a big way. As one Senator put it:

“That provision will be gone,” said Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) told Politico.

There is even discussion of how the Monsanto Protection Act came to exist in the first place, and more importantly how we can hold the politicians responsible.

“Short-term appropriations bills are not an excuse for Congress to grandfather in bad policy,” said Colin O’Neil, director of government affairs for the Center for Food Safety.

Once again, we have achieved a major victory in the fight against Monsanto and GMOs at large. As information on the subject continues to spread like intellectual wildfire, Monsanto’s days as a food supply hog consistently dwindle

http://naturalsociety.com/victory-senat ... d-outrage/
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 3:25 pm » by RATRODROB

CANT believe im the first to comment on this but fckn yaaaaaaahooooooo

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 pm » by Phoenix rising

RATRODROB wrote:CANT believe im the first to comment on this but fckn yaaaaaaahooooooo

RRR

Yeah cheers Rob, there seems to be a trend of important stories getting no attention on here, its frustrating, glad you bumped this mate :cheers: :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 3:55 pm » by 99socks

I am happy for this... signed and passed on the petition... but the subject makes me scratch my head, lol. I mean, it's corresponding with the gov't shutdown. Of course it wasn't renewed! Hahah...
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 pm » by The57ironman

“That provision will be gone,” said Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) told Politico.

it must be somewhere else..... :peep:

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Initiate

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 4:29 pm » by Probablysane

With a chisel any tower can be broken. :)
Happiness is subjective ;)

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 07, 2013 6:43 pm » by Tuor10

People power is so simple.

Maybe it will catch on one day.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 am » by Svaha

There are some signs that the corrupt system in place is falling because more and more people awaken to the truth

Upload to Disclose.tv

Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 09, 2013 4:38 am » by Truthdefender

Phoenix rising wrote:
RATRODROB wrote:CANT believe im the first to comment on this but fckn yaaaaaaahooooooo

RRR

Yeah cheers Rob, there seems to be a trend of important stories getting no attention on here, its frustrating, glad you bumped this mate :cheers: :flop:

Its because there is a bunch of nibiru, aa, naki, fake ufo vid, 17 year old freaks running rampant on here. (like we are still in 2007 w/ only sensationalism and no scholarship.
i miss phaet and the horse low. at least we had intellectual disagreements. what i see now is a bunch mainstream clowns primed 2 be lied 2. ps gotta nasty virus even w/kaspersky. black screen and cursor. any suggestions? on the xbox now.
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge