Virgin broadband

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 pm » by Cwmman

whats this shit about, :rtft:

Sorry, the web page you have requested is not available through Virgin Media.

Virgin Media has received an order from the Courts requiring us to prevent access to this site in order to help protect against copyright infringement.

If you are a Virgin Media home broadband customer, for more information on why certain web pages are blocked, please click here.

If you are a Virgin Media Business customer, or are trying to view this page through your company's internet connection, please click here.

FFS :yell:
right how can i get around this ?
its a couple of torrent sights and they have been blocked, does this happen with all uk broadband companys ?
any help/sensible advice would be welcome !

:cheers:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 pm » by Flecktarn

are you talking about tpb ,,if so troll posted a link for the new site to get round this
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm » by Cwmman

Flecktarn wrote:are you talking about tpb ,,if so troll posted a link for the new site to get round this

:cheers: fleck i will look into that............ i hope it aint anything to do with the Welsh weather
:sunny:
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 9:11 pm » by Flecktarn

ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm » by Cwmman

yeah thanks i got that and a few others it just pissed me off that im paying a lot of ££ so that they can tell me what i can and cant do .
Im looking for another internet provider atm any idea of a good one, BT maybe ?
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 pm » by Flecktarn

they will all be blocking sites like this best use a proxy server to get access to them
ImageImage

Initiate

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 pm » by Hybridalienrob

Try zen.co.uk, I've never had any problems with them. They're a little more expensive but have much more favourable contention ratios than the big providers.
Seen it all before in the kindegardens of the Universe.
It would be quaint if it wasn't so damned scary.
I can't listen and i can't watch
I can see inside the machine
I can see the join, i can see the join
-h

Initiate

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 1:09 am » by Crunchy

there are options that cant help bypass blocking or they used to work ... still do afaik ... eg a vpn or just try a proxy server (this will work if they are just blocking the ip address)

vpn's usually cost money, but there should be the odd free one available for "testing" cough

i have been with BE (bethere)for many years and ive not come across any blocked sites yet
although they have a fair use policy, they dont throttle or slow your connection down but request users that use torrents ect
do so at night........ although fiber optical connections are starting to be more popular and to be honest im looking at changing myself, but if isp's like virgin are blocking sites then im sticking to my 14mb adsl2+ line for the time being ... after all whats the point of all that bandwidth if it cant be used ?

look here for forums dedicated to uk isp's ...... http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/threads.php ..... its been ages since ive been there but the be forum had the least amount of complaints and even those were minor issues.

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook