Virginia Attorney General Teachers Take Student Cell Phones

Initiate

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 1:03 am » by Simpletruths10

Virginia Attorney General Teachers Take Student Cell Phones Read Them

A Virginia Attorney General has written a legal opinion stating that teachers can now take student cell phones and read their text messages, if the teacher thinks that the students are violating the law or school policy.

There was a case in which a Pennsylvania girl won a lawsuit after school official took her phone and read the messages in it.

These two rulings contradict each other; surely this will become a Supreme Court issue in the near future.

These are not the only cases of invasion of privacy in schools, click:
students-who-use-school-bus-finger print scanned
RFID in Santa Fe School Districts

Source
Article
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11 ... z16KSIiSBy

Pennsylvania Case
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/teen-win ... phone-pics

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 am » by Thebluecanary

Them taking cell phones is not new. My sister-in-law takes them all the time, and keeps them till the end of the day, if she catches her students on them. If she didn't, the little shits would be on them constantly when in reality they ought to sit the hell down and at least try to learn something instead of becoming the technologically obsessed brainless consumer sheep that TPTB want them to be. Reading the messages I don't know about...but if they're in school texting each other the answers to tests they ought to expect to get caught.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 1:24 am » by Redwoodrick

Great post!
They will surely take this to a higher court.Minors have citizens rights too.Taking the cell phone from a child probably can be legally justified,but I think it will be shown that reading their texts constitutes a violation of privacy.
Two solutions occur to me in practicality.
For the teachers : install cell phone blockers.Cheap.One will cover the whole room.
For the students : set a quick lock on your phone.Lock it if it gets taken.
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.