virginia nuke plant power trouble after tornado

Writer

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:24 pm » by Koopatroopa

boondox681 wrote:i kid you not,msnbc just had some 'professor' from g.w. univ saying it was an effect of global warming and to expect more of these 'anomylous'(?) storms

Why is it so hard to think that 6 billion people could have an effect on the earth's climate? Global warming or climate change whatever you want to call it is theoretically possible. If we can measure the volume of the earth and the amount of gases we expel in pounds per square inch we can have an approximated estimate of what we are releasing into the atmosphere. I don't think that the majority of scientists would make a claim that they couldn't back up. Any small changes in our climate can have detrimental effects. Look at what irrigation has done in certain areas. I personally believe that we do have an effect and that it is going to create a change in our climate which could result in stronger or weaker storms in different areas. It is just apart of nature. "
To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions.
This applies to all actions that occur on this planet and in our known universe.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:29 pm » by Ademu

nyarelathodep wrote:
ademu wrote:
nyarelathodep wrote:So weird...last week I had a very lucid dream wherin I was in this rural town flying around (flight very common for my dreams), and people were congregating below and pointing up at me. I decided to come down and do this strange dance with myself akin to what stoners look like at Phish shows, spinning round and round sloppily, and creating little wind funnels in my hands, and then casting them out where they became huge destructive tornadoes (which ive never dreamed about before). The next day on the news was when they were talking about the unprecedented tonadoe activity near the great lakes and since then tornadoes have been in the spotlight. Anyone else have dreams of tornadoes before all this started?

Odd that you say that, my wife had a dream of three large funnels destroying a rural town two days before they hit. She was so freaked out when the storms hit a couple days later, that she had a panic attack in the hallway while I was fortifying our little shelter. Collective Consciousness maybe? :think:

Could very well be. I have been dreaming of air related themes, and air is the element of thoughts/perspectives...I guess it would symbolically fitting that this element pops up to destroy some of humanities rather poor views/ideas like nuclear powerplants and the like, suggesting a change in perspective is in order.

That's a very interesting theory that you postulate, I've always been fascinated with the collective, for lack of a better term (having a brain fart at the moment), "Herd" mentality and its effects on the physical realm. I could definitely see this as being a possibility, and I'd be interested to read more if you wished to elaborate here.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 am » by Daemonfoe

koopatroopa wrote:
boondox681 wrote:i kid you not,msnbc just had some 'professor' from g.w. univ saying it was an effect of global warming and to expect more of these 'anomylous'(?) storms

Why is it so hard to think that 6 billion people could have an effect on the earth's climate? Global warming or climate change whatever you want to call it is theoretically possible. If we can measure the volume of the earth and the amount of gases we expel in pounds per square inch we can have an approximated estimate of what we are releasing into the atmosphere. I don't think that the majority of scientists would make a claim that they couldn't back up. Any small changes in our climate can have detrimental effects. Look at what irrigation has done in certain areas. I personally believe that we do have an effect and that it is going to create a change in our climate which could result in stronger or weaker storms in different areas. It is just apart of nature. "
To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions.
This applies to all actions that occur on this planet and in our known universe.

It would be a more likely event that the sun hiccups right in our direction. The only thing humans can do that I'm afraid of is fucking us all over with radiation.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 am » by domdabears

You're not cool unless you have nuclear power plant problems apparently.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 4:56 am » by Hackjames

koopatroopa wrote:

That's quote is no longer accurate, laboratory physics has long since made that statement irrelevant. Consider the concept of relativity, for example. It's just an old saying now.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Previous