virginia nuke plant power trouble after tornado

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 4:54 pm » by E6722maj

SURRY— The Surry Power Station was running at diminished capacity Sunday after the effects of Saturday's severe weather.

Dominion officials said Sunday that a tornado apparently touched down on the switchyard supporting the nuclear power station and the facility's access road, cutting off the electrical feed from the grid to the station. A backup generator kept power running to both reactors.

One of the two main reactors has been reconnected to the plant's grid.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/weather/ ... 0234.story
whatever

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 pm » by Daemonfoe

Isn't coincidence amazing? I wonder which nuke plant has problems next...
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 pm » by Ademu

I live in Raleigh and that Tornado Cell was fucking ridiculous, we had 60+ funnel clouds confirmed in the area within a 50 mile radius, I would not be surprised at all if it caused severe damage to the plant. I haven't checked it this morning, but as of yesterday they haven't even released a death toll due the mass destruction that happened downtown.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:04 pm » by Nyarelathodep

So weird...last week I had a very lucid dream wherin I was in this rural town flying around (flight very common for my dreams), and people were congregating below and pointing up at me. I decided to come down and do this strange dance with myself akin to what stoners look like at Phish shows, spinning round and round sloppily, and creating little wind funnels in my hands, and then casting them out where they became huge destructive tornadoes (which ive never dreamed about before). The next day on the news was when they were talking about the unprecedented tonadoe activity near the great lakes and since then tornadoes have been in the spotlight. Anyone else have dreams of tornadoes before all this started?
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:08 pm » by Ademu

nyarelathodep wrote:So weird...last week I had a very lucid dream wherin I was in this rural town flying around (flight very common for my dreams), and people were congregating below and pointing up at me. I decided to come down and do this strange dance with myself akin to what stoners look like at Phish shows, spinning round and round sloppily, and creating little wind funnels in my hands, and then casting them out where they became huge destructive tornadoes (which ive never dreamed about before). The next day on the news was when they were talking about the unprecedented tonadoe activity near the great lakes and since then tornadoes have been in the spotlight. Anyone else have dreams of tornadoes before all this started?

Odd that you say that, my wife had a dream of three large funnels destroying a rural town two days before they hit. She was so freaked out when the storms hit a couple days later, that she had a panic attack in the hallway while I was fortifying our little shelter. Collective Consciousness maybe? :think:

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:20 pm » by Nyarelathodep

ademu wrote:
nyarelathodep wrote:So weird...last week I had a very lucid dream wherin I was in this rural town flying around (flight very common for my dreams), and people were congregating below and pointing up at me. I decided to come down and do this strange dance with myself akin to what stoners look like at Phish shows, spinning round and round sloppily, and creating little wind funnels in my hands, and then casting them out where they became huge destructive tornadoes (which ive never dreamed about before). The next day on the news was when they were talking about the unprecedented tonadoe activity near the great lakes and since then tornadoes have been in the spotlight. Anyone else have dreams of tornadoes before all this started?

Odd that you say that, my wife had a dream of three large funnels destroying a rural town two days before they hit. She was so freaked out when the storms hit a couple days later, that she had a panic attack in the hallway while I was fortifying our little shelter. Collective Consciousness maybe? :think:

Could very well be. I have been dreaming of air related themes, and air is the element of thoughts/perspectives...I guess it would symbolically fitting that this element pops up to destroy some of humanities rather poor views/ideas like nuclear powerplants and the like, suggesting a change in perspective is in order.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

anyone of you had dreams about "falling to the sky" ? like if the earth's magnetic field was suddenly shut down...?
EARRINGS = POSSIBLE HOLOGRAM DEVICE
Pindz

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 pm » by Boondox681

i kid you not,msnbc just had some 'professor' from g.w. univ saying it was an effect of global warming and to expect more of these 'anomylous'(?) storms
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:12 pm » by Ademu

boondox681 wrote:i kid you not,msnbc just had some 'professor' from g.w. univ saying it was an effect of global warming and to expect more of these 'anomylous'(?) storms

I'm calling :bullshit: on this "professor"

Initiate

PostMon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm » by Nyarelathodep

zegtelzegtel wrote:anyone of you had dreams about "falling to the sky" ? like if the earth's magnetic field was suddenly shut down...?

Oh wow, its strange that you mention that...flying has always been a common theme for my dreams, but over the last few months that theme has been more like floating, as if it was actually hard to stay on the ground (but also hard to stay alight for long periods of time). I had just interpreted this as perhaps being overly cautious and not wanting to go up too high, or perhaps becommong reaquainted with flight through relearning or something. I hadnt considered a lessening of gravity...that puts things in a new perspective for me to think about. Interesting.

Next