Virus at Dtv

Initiate

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 2:13 am » by Serendipity

rydher wrote:
constabul wrote:Kaspersky would deny the redirect, about 5 to 7 times before the header message would come up.

I used Symantec, Bitdefender, and Eset. Even though my Symantec seemed to block it, the trojans still got through. Symantec and Bitdefender didn't find shit. Eset found one openconnection trojan, but my PC was still not acting right.

I went to Kaspersky because back in the day when I used it, it was usually the only thing I ever found to get the vast majority of stuff out there. That being said I downloaded the free virus removal tool, 100MB. Booted into safe mode and set all the heuristic (spelling?) option to the highest setting and let it rip. It found 7 variations of that openconnection trojan. Even if you think you're clean, I'd recommend doing what T2R said and use http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1. It took a little over 4 hours but everything is running smooth again.

Thanx Rydher for the link. I cleaned up with Iobit tools and it seems to have fixed it but I am doing what you recommended.
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Initiate

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 am » by Taintedsample

I too have a virus. I blame Brad Watson.... We all know its him. :flop:

Just kidding... Linux, firefox with the adblock plus ftw

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 am » by Slith

Admin has apparently resolved the issue. Fingers crossed!

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 4:25 am » by E6722maj

what kind of dickless spotty nerds carry out these 'attacks' and then (presumably) sit back, rub their hands together and cackle like monty fucking burns? why i oughtta.....

whatever

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 4:34 am » by The57ironman

those b*stards... :mrgreen:

send them this one...Image

...i'm a recovering vegetarian......Image

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 am » by Lucidlemondrop

the57ironman wrote:
spock wrote:Evidently we had a limited Hack Attack last night, according to Lukas, and the issue has been taken care of.

:clapper: ................ :pray:

how often has that sort of 'hac' happened..?

(get it..?............limited 'hack'.... :mrgreen: )

=))

edit

why didn't rofl icon work? =)) right?
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 5:09 am » by Shaggietrip

theduck wrote:Removed your double post Vulcan, and yeah, glad its sorted now!

@Serendipity, use Chrome, best pop-up blocker and add blocker plus and see what happens for a start.

Chrome? Really? wow not long ago it was stay away from chrome go firefox. My my, even a very informational thread can make you think.

:cheers:
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 am » by Serendipity

Turns out the problem was deeply hidden trojans. Ones with a very high risk level. Kaspersky is finding them. 4 hour scan but worth it and free. Kudos to Rhyder for pointing it out. Yall better check again with kaspersky before you end the day..I got infected and didnt even click the link. :look: :flop:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 5:33 am » by Lucidlemondrop

shaggietrip wrote:
theduck wrote:Removed your double post Vulcan, and yeah, glad its sorted now!

@Serendipity, use Chrome, best pop-up blocker and add blocker plus and see what happens for a start.

Chrome? Really? wow not long ago it was stay away from chrome go firefox. My my, even a very informational thread can make you think.

Me too
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 5:57 am » by Shaggietrip

Side note...
So some person/s can mess with Dtv. "The discloser" place. One does not think they can shut down the net? hmmm I have to say different. Some may say it is impossible becuse it would have to be from ISP But would it? I hope all have heard of "fire sale"

Upload to Disclose.tv

So in my opinion Dtv should be more secure. Now here me out.

We have some very intelligent people here. I would be open to hear from them if in fact Dtv could be more secure. Is it a question of money [yes it takes money but is that driving force] or just setup? Now that this has happened more than once, do you step back and look at prb? Yes you do. Is there a reasonable solution?[expenditures] Is there any solutions? If so what is the depth Low/moderate/expert solution. etc.

So you may say yes it is money you going to pay? Well yes maybe some if I knew that it was going directly to "security".

Then my next guess/thought would be yes we can protect the site but not you.. Meaning that trying to log in and get a virus and or re-direct.

I am no programer as you see by above statement. I am simply voicing what I am thinking and at this time. I await the answers to fill in the blanks.

in no way what so ever am I slamming on the admins or set up of this site.
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

PreviousNext