Voynich Manuscript

Writer

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 5:53 pm » by Rar1981

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ ... tists-find

Is anyone intune to this, I saw a document and it mentioned this manuscripts or maybe I was watching something one here. Its interesting, looks like an scientist notepad to a degree
Do you know you're being watched?

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 7:49 pm » by -Marduk-

Voynich Manuscript decoded?

The author of this website is a talented indvidual who likes word puzzles and she has approached the Voynich manuscript from a new direction. She postulates that a young Leonardo da Vinci was playing with anagrams and a simple substitution code. Using medieval Italian words and her premise, she decoded the part of the manuscript related to botany. An interesting read

http://www.edithsherwood.com/voynich_decoded/index.php
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 9:53 pm » by Dmtshaman

The Voynich manuscript is a mysterious, undeciphered illustrated book. It is thought to have been written in the 15th or 16th century. The author, script, and language of the manuscript remain unknown.

Over its recorded existence, the Voynich manuscript has been the object of intense study by many professional and amateur cryptographers, including some top American and British codebreakers of World War II fame (all of whom failed to decrypt any portion of the text). This string of failures has turned the Voynich manuscript into a famous subject of historical cryptology, but it has also given weight to the theory that the book is simply an elaborate hoax—a meaningless sequence of arbitrary symbols.

The book is named after the Polish-American book dealer Wilfrid M. Voynich, who acquired it in 1912. Currently the Voynich manuscript is stored in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Yale University as item "MS 408". The first facsimile edition was published in 2005.
--Wikipedia

The following videos are Terence McKenna's take on these mysterious manuscripts...

...If the words "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isnt worth the Hemp its written on...

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:27 am » by -Marduk-

Mysterious Voynich Manuscript dated between 1404 to 1438 at 95% confidence
According to an Austrian documentary due to air on Thursday, 10th December 2009 (on ORF2) has had four samples of the Voynich Manuscript's vellum dated, with very interesting results. The likely date range is 1404 to 1438 at 95% confidence, and apparently have found evidence that the ink was added in the same period.That pretty much rules out Roger Bacon, Francis Bacon, the Knights Templar, the Rosicrucians, Leonardo da Vinci, and indeed more or less everything pre-1400 or post-Columbus. That is, pretty much every theory ever offered on the origin of the mysterious manuscript!

Link to full Manuscript here:
http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/dl_cro ... &curpage=1
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:38 am » by Lucidlemondrop

I have spent alot of time studying this and other illuminated manuscripts..............

Very fascinating..........

Marduk.........could you remind us of that special on the 10th? The internet has helped facilitate a serious case of short term memory loss with me!

There are so many texts and other forms of passing on traditional info.........but the deciphering is such a challenge!
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 am » by -Marduk-

lucidlemondrop wrote:Marduk.........could you remind us of that special on the 10th?

I will, Lucid :look:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:47 am » by Lucidlemondrop

These are from my pic collection............

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:53 am » by -Marduk-

I like sis one: :flop:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 am » by Lucidlemondrop

marduk2012 wrote:I like sis one: :flop:

I think that may represent The Lovers in old school Tarot..............

The merging..............eh?

Writer

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 5:04 pm » by Rar1981

http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/dl_cro ... htype=ITEM

This image looks like a space ship is beaming down on a planet, bottom left hand corner my imagination but 9 circles and a ufo looking think and a smaller moon

Maybe an aliens journal. Really odd thing is after looking at the words they are close to the same. I'll watch or dvr the show.
http://www.ciphermysteries.com/2009/12/ ... te-of-play

idk its interesting for sure
Do you know you're being watched?

PreviousNext