Wail of the banshee????

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 4:33 pm » by Aardvaaks

lynziswez, was it a windy night?, if so pipes and drains combined can also make some interesting sounds especially as you were in the bathroom at the time.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 5:22 pm » by Lynziswez

aardvaaks wrote:lynziswez, was it a windy night?, if so pipes and drains combined can also make some interesting sounds especially as you were in the bathroom at the time.

Thanx aardvaaks but it wasn't my bathroom pipes ect. The sound was definately coming from outside my bedroom window. The window is on my side of the bed & my bathroom is the opposite direction. The sound was very loud & very clear, it wasn't as if I could hear it somewhere in the distance, this was right there.

I think this is going to be one of them things that you never get an answer too, it's all guess work, if only I had been brave enough to get up & look !!! :bang; :bang;

Writer

PostFri May 07, 2010 6:05 pm » by Mutjack

i live in ireland where the banshee is a well documented occurance it seems to be attracted to certain irish families you do not have to be irish only have irish ancestery for it to be attacted to you.The family name of Marr and Butler are two of the family names that seem to crop up in ireland connected to the banshee.

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 6:14 pm » by Lynziswez

concrete wrote:Hmm...

Alls I can think of now are badgers. Possibly an owl.
But, I'm not sure.

Maybe an over active imagination? No offence.

Or. Quite possibly you could be absolutley full of shite.

Over active imagination, possible but as they say "you had to be there" & no offence taken, as for being full of shite, now thats another matter entirely :o :D

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm » by Allreadydead

@lynziewez said:
A pile of pooh on one thread today !! (either on "They're coming" or "Who are "they". Wasn't you who loaded it was it??? :D

No, it was me. :D ;)

Because the thread was turning to: :bullshit:

Hey! They say a picture is better than a thousand words, and even I couldn't think of a thousand swear words...........

I hope your not too sensitive, say about pic,vids or swearing on the disclosetv. site, because you would not have liked the thread about profanity - it was really bad at times, really :censored: bad!

Still, back on topic, You don't think it could be one of these:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 6:53 pm » by Lynziswez

allreadydead wrote:@lynziewez said:
A pile of pooh on one thread today !! (either on "They're coming" or "Who are "they". Wasn't you who loaded it was it??? :D

No, it was me. :D ;)

Because the thread was turning to: :bullshit:

Hey! They say a picture is better than a thousand words, and even I couldn't think of a thousand swear words...........

I hope your not too sensitive, say about pic,vids or swearing on the disclosetv. site, because you would not have liked the thread about profanity - it was really bad at times, really :censored: bad!

Still, back on topic, You don't think it could be one of these:

No I sincerely believe in free speech for all, say what you want, how you want as long as it's done in a positive manner, unless of course it's an unwarranted & unjustified attack on someone .

As for the warewolf I hope not !!!!!. No growls or snarls :wink:

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 7:01 pm » by Wolfbane7272

lynziswez wrote:With building work on my bathroom being replaced, for the last couple of weeks I have been struggling to sleep due to a chronic cough brought on by all the dust.

One night last week (think it was Tuesday night) I was up & down to the bathroom all night trying not to wake my husband. About 3am I once again climbed back into bed & was just about to doze off when I heard one of the most strangest sounds I have ever heard.

Our bedroom window was part open, (in the hope it would help me breath better) & the sound was so loud & clear it completely scared the s**t out of me.

At first it sounded like a demented monkey type of piercing scream that reverted to a wailing. It was such an eerie noise. The sound lasted for at least 30 /45 seconds .It was so scary I just froze. My mind was racing trying to comprehend what would make a noise like this, but I was that scared I wouldn't get up to the window to have a look.

I live on the edge of a small town, part rural, part suberbia & although there are a lot of fields & some tree's near by, I cannot think of anything that could make a sound like this. I have some large connifer trees at the bottom of my garden then a fence & then a path that circles a roundabout leading onto 3 normally busy roads in daytime, so it's not like I live near a forest or anything. The sound was directly outside my bedroom window. I have some wood pidgeons & some magpies nesting in my tree's but I am familiar with all the sounds they make & this was nothing like anything they make.

I went on google the next day to try & find something to explain it but all I could come up with that resembled anything like it was the "Cry of the Banshee".

I have not heard the noise since.

Any one else got any suggestions or idea's

could it be a type of night bird ? .if not maybe its a animal or bird that has migrated there, and is not common to the area , hae you ever heard the supposed sounds of a sasquatch or bigfoot ? its pretty eeire , a sound that would keep even the bravest of people indoors. lol good luck with your search ,as far as a banshee every myth usually has a element of truth to it ,so you never know right .

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 7:08 pm » by Allreadydead

@lynziewez said:
No I sincerely believe in free speech for all, say what you want, how you want as long as it's done in a positive manner, unless of course it's an unwarranted & unjustified attack on someone .

Thank you Ma'm, that's what most people like to hear :flop:

And I'm really glad it wasn't my pet werewolf, Norman, he has managed to escape from the crypt on occasion and roam about as they do. But he's very playfull and just loves to fetch balls, he'll do it all night if I let him!, except of course, there's normally a screaming human attached to them.........
Still, Norman's a good werewolf really, I always speak to him sternly,"Norman,your a very, very naughty werewolf, now take that back where you found it, then clean your teeth, you've not had your jabs at the vet yet."

:cheers:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 7:43 pm » by Lynziswez

mutjack wrote:i live in ireland where the banshee is a well documented occurance it seems to be attracted to certain irish families you do not have to be irish only have irish ancestery for it to be attacted to you.The family name of Marr and Butler are two of the family names that seem to crop up in ireland connected to the banshee.

My nan was from Cork & her surname was Morris. Thanx for the info mutjack :flop:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 9:00 pm » by Lynziswez

allreadydead wrote:@lynziewez said:

Thank you Ma'm, that's what most people like to hear :flop:

And I'm really glad it wasn't my pet werewolf, Norman, he has managed to escape from the crypt on occasion and roam about as they do. But he's very playfull and just loves to fetch balls, he'll do it all night if I let him!, except of course, there's normally a screaming human attached to them.........
Still, Norman's a good werewolf really, I always speak to him sternly,"Norman,your a very, very naughty werewolf, now take that back where you found it, then clean your teeth, you've not had your jabs at the vet yet."

:cheers:

haha, I think I would be more shocked if it had been Norman, as the last time I looked I had no balls, so I hold no attraction to him, lucky for me :D

PreviousNext

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook