Wail of the banshee????

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:22 pm » by Lynziswez

With building work on my bathroom being replaced, for the last couple of weeks I have been struggling to sleep due to a chronic cough brought on by all the dust.

One night last week (think it was Tuesday night) I was up & down to the bathroom all night trying not to wake my husband. About 3am I once again climbed back into bed & was just about to doze off when I heard one of the most strangest sounds I have ever heard.

Our bedroom window was part open, (in the hope it would help me breath better) & the sound was so loud & clear it completely scared the s**t out of me.

At first it sounded like a demented monkey type of piercing scream that reverted to a wailing. It was such an eerie noise. The sound lasted for at least 30 /45 seconds .It was so scary I just froze. My mind was racing trying to comprehend what would make a noise like this, but I was that scared I wouldn't get up to the window to have a look.

I live on the edge of a small town, part rural, part suberbia & although there are a lot of fields & some tree's near by, I cannot think of anything that could make a sound like this. I have some large connifer trees at the bottom of my garden then a fence & then a path that circles a roundabout leading onto 3 normally busy roads in daytime, so it's not like I live near a forest or anything. The sound was directly outside my bedroom window. I have some wood pidgeons & some magpies nesting in my tree's but I am familiar with all the sounds they make & this was nothing like anything they make.

I went on google the next day to try & find something to explain it but all I could come up with that resembled anything like it was the "Cry of the Banshee".

I have not heard the noise since.

Any one else got any suggestions or idea's

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm » by Cornbread714

Cats having sex? :think:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:31 pm » by Lynziswez

cornbread714 wrote:Cats having sex? :think:

thanx for the response cornbread but no definately not. They sound more like crying babies & babies in high distress.

This was a very deliberate & controlled sound, very hard to explain. One of them " you had to be there" moments !!!

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm » by Lynziswez

concrete wrote:Umm...
Where do you live? No need for town.
Country and area would help.

My bet is either foxes or cats procreating.

Nasty sounds.

Thanx for the response concrete
I live in Lancashire UK. I've never heard a fox call so I dont know on that one, I'll have a look on web now to see if I can find a vid to check it out. :flop:

As for the cats procreating ( nicely put in comparrison to Cornbread ) ;) definately not cats.

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:39 pm » by Cornbread714

lynziswez wrote:As for the cats procreating ( nicely put in comparrison to Cornbread ) ;) definately not cats.

Sorry about my graphic language - good thing I didn't post the video of cats "procreating" :D
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostFri May 07, 2010 2:56 pm » by Aardvaaks

Difficult I know without the sound, and cat was my first thought as they do make the oddest wailing noises, more eerie at night, only other thing is some sort of wildlife,? fox.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Writer

PostFri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm » by Mutjack

Have you any irish blood in your family however distant :?:

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 3:52 pm » by Lynziswez

mutjack wrote:Have you any irish blood in your family however distant :?:

My grand mother was Irish, (my mums mum) she passed away about 5yrs ago

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 3:56 pm » by Lynziswez

cornbread714 wrote:
lynziswez wrote:As for the cats procreating ( nicely put in comparrison to Cornbread ) ;) definately not cats.

Sorry about my graphic language - good thing I didn't post the video of cats "procreating" :D

I don't think any thing would shock me after some of the vid's pic's I''ve seen on her lately.

A pile of pooh on one thread today !! (either on "They're coming" or "Who are "they". Wasn't you who loaded it was it??? :D

Initiate

PostFri May 07, 2010 4:10 pm » by Lynziswez

concrete wrote:Was it dis?

Upload to Disclose.tv

I justed checked a load of different fox calls out on another site (mate call, distress call, young fox cry, territory call & although there is a similarity it isn't the sound. I think because the echo / clearness is there, (because that's how close & clear the noise was) it resonates with me slightly but the tone & pitch are all wrong.

As I say it initially sounded like the sreaming of a demented monkey sitting in my tree or on my conservatory roof under my window as this was the image that first came to mind, (although common sense immediately brings you back to reality) then it went into a long wail & tailed off. But it was the control of the scream & wail which scared me most. You know like a witch doctor / shamen dancing & howling type of thing ! When you sense a strangeness about it all !!!

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook