Want Versus The Need, To Be Offended and Forgiveness

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 24, 2010 3:11 am » by Spock

I think you're missing the heart of the message.

What we saw in the humbled "Holy Man" was someone with a spirit of repentance. The "Almighty" in that story, basically understood the earnestness, and said (in a way) "never say never". Because of human nature, and most faults that bring a person to the foot of the cross are deep ingrained transgressions, the "Almighty" comforted the human.

Forgiveness is HARD for people for the very reason you stated, but with the "Almighty", if there is a true spirit of repentance, it's taken care of. We all tend to back slide to whatever brought us to a place of hope.

The absolute worse thing the "Almighty" could have done is to vanquish the hope of the person who in that moment, found hope. And knows at that point on, there will be hope.

I find no fault with the story as it is written.

Initiate

PostSat Apr 24, 2010 3:21 am » by Captainkarizma

spock wrote:I think you're missing the heart of the message.

What we saw in the humbled "Holy Man" was someone with a spirit of repentance. The "Almighty" in that story, basically understood the earnestness, and said (in a way) "never say never". Because of human nature, and most faults that bring a person to the foot of the cross are deep ingrained transgressions, the "Almighty" comforted the human.

Forgiveness is HARD for people for the very reason you stated, but with the "Almighty", if there is a true spirit of repentance, it's taken care of. We all tend to back slide to whatever brought us to a place of hope.

The absolute worse thing the "Almighty" could have done is to vanquish the hope of the person who in that moment, found hope. And knows at that point on, there will be hope.

I find no fault with the story as it is written.

I agree with you #1 but The almighty is just a figment of our imagination and the truth about the story is really a social idea, its a shame that religion has taken the role of being the social law , that society needs to stay "under control"
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 24, 2010 3:47 am » by Spock

captainkarizma wrote:I agree with you #1 but The almighty is just a figment of our imagination and the truth about the story is really a social idea, its a shame that religion has taken the role of being the social law , that society needs to stay "under control"

All good. I do believe in a higher power personally.

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 24, 2010 4:04 am » by Eliakim

1. Wants and needs come from unmet wants and needs in childhood. When people heal those they are then able to move upwards into the heart of we give.

2. If anyone feels offended then best they heal what they feel because if a person feels offended it means that they are taking it personally.

3. Does God take things personally? Certainly not.

4. Forgiveness is not just a necessity, it is an essential to heal the heart. Then compassionate action comes to be merciful.

The heart is for giving and God gives us his heart filled with love.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 pm » by whitedeath

That is something I've heard a lot of, whether through puns/jokes or in all seriousness.
"So who cares what I'm doing, if there's a God he's going to forgive me anyway"
Only a small percentage thankfully have used that in a serious way, but still I think it takes away from taking direct responsibility for your actions

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 15, 2010 5:23 pm » by sockpuppet

Forgive me for stating this abruptly and rather simply (as usual) but the story is about growing through reflection, not necessarily forgiveness. If we all lived perfect lives, we wouldn't learn one thing about ourselves, each other, life in general, or our purpose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Master Conspirator

PostThu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm » by Boondox681

i never have to seek a pardon from my god.
'right' and 'wrong' are relative terms.
and if you live with truth,love & joy
there is always,only one answer,for the truth is self-evident.
peace

i live by this one..
I DON'T NEED ANYTHING BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYTHING
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Initiate

PostWed Jul 28, 2010 7:37 am » by Mugenroshi8

forgiveness is a two-way road too. It's hard for the offended to forgive an offense, but it's just as hard for the offender to abstain from offending again.

If someone asks forgiveness for a particular action, you forgive them, then the offender commits the same action next week - then asks for forgiveness, you grant it, and the offender commits the same action....wash/rinse/repeat. You get me, I know.

Should the offender continue on that same action, then are they truly sorry to begin with? Ergo, do they deserve your forgiveness at all?

This is the problem I see with organized religion. You offend God (big "G" for those who enjoy that) through committing an offense He/She deemed offensive to Themselves; you ask forgiveness, They forgive. As the Bible would have it, this is the cycle of things, to continuously show Man their need for God. God knows you can't abstain from committing actions below His/Her perfect standard, so it ensures you remember your place and love Him/Her for Their awesome love for you.

That sounds good and all, but.......if you know you are going to sin again, why bother apologizing in the first place? If a friend tells me they were offended that I left a sip of orange juice in the box...and I know that will never want to take that last sip of backwash, nor am I willing to walk outside and throw that box out - is it right for me to apologize at all? I know I'm gonna do it again!

If God is offended that an adolescent boy has sex with himself in the shower - and that boy knows he's gonna do it again - loverboy best not waste his time apologizing, the lying little bastard! You know you're not sincere kid!

You see what I'm saying? Guilt cycle, as I see it.

I do hope - if there is a "G"od - that They have their shit together more than the humans trying their best to imitate Them.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 28, 2010 10:10 am » by Eliakim

How many times does one forgive? Seventy seven is a sacred number of forgiveness and it is stating there is no end to your ability to forgive if you have the willingness to do so.

I once asked when this is all over will it be the end of our connection/relationship. Archangel Michael said 'No, you must teach him love'.

In this context the word 'teach' was in regard to a state of being, people learn from observation.

No matter what he did or said I did not reject the person concerned. I stood my ground in the love and mercy of my being. When the darkness cannot destroy the light of love, then the darkness is transmuted. People get to experience love that is real. It can take people many years to grow and come to their own realizations of what they have done and where they were coming from.

The darkness dies but love is the path of no return to the old state of being.

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 03, 2010 11:26 am » by Mediasorcerer

you dont need to be forgiven by god,we operate on freewill,god does not "think" -we cannot explain the unknowable divine essence as a thinking paradigm,
we need to forgive ourselves,when we transgress against others ,we transgress against ourselves,so we really hurt ourselves by hurting others,when we forgive ourselves we forgive others,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Next