Was an angel caught on camera?

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 27, 2008 8:37 pm » by domdabears

I obviously haven't watched the version you have (your link doesn't seem to take me to the clip in question!) but I have seen this elsewhere as well as the still frame of the phenomenon in question, which I have blown up and examined closely.

As I said in the very first words of my post "Not detracting from the experience of the family concerned...", so I wasn't belittling their belief or interpretation of the event or the benefit it appears to have brought them. However, if the purpose of this site is to present and debate various aspects of the unexplained then we cannot be intellectually fettered by PC rules about sentiment, religion, race, etc. If we merely accept, uncritically, every video, photo, personal account and sound recording in child-like, wide-eyed wonder than we are not doing this subject much justice and are opening ourselves right up to the sceptics accusation of being gullible. Yes, it is annoying that the knee-jerk default reaction of mainstream science and journalism is one of amused disbelief and derision but an unequivocal acceptance of it as real is just as bad. In both cases, believer and sceptic, we should approach it with a calm, rational, detached attitude of investigation and not be afraid to renounce our sacred cows if the evidence is found wanting!

I was correcting you. You said there was a window and the doctor said there are no windows. Anyways, my beef isn't with if this was real or not! I don't care! Its with the media and how they project it being OK with seeing ghosts and not UFOs or ETs. Every time i see something on the news about UFOs, the anchors make it out to be that the person isn't right in the head. I don't see the same thing with ghosts or angels.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm » by Alexrubic

I didn't say there definitely was a window, I said that is what the light looks like - the sunlight streaming through a window! It could be a skylight or a fluorescent light panel or a reflective object off camera that bounced light from any of these sources onto the wall. The point being the light looks clearly to be reflecting off that wall/corner and ajar door not in front of it as a separate entity - that much is confirmed by the floor reflections. If you look along the bottom foreground of the still image you can see a long, straight shadowed area which ties in with there being a strong source of light from the direction opposite the phenomenon and behind to the side of the camera. If the phenomenon was a glowing entity of some sort in the corridor one would expect the shadowed fall-off to be circular and not straight.

One hopes the doctor knows the architectural layout of his own hospital...but then again!

Well of course news anchors roll their eyes at every UFO story...it's all part of their shtick! That's so you will know they are being sincere when they are talking about the latest 'terrorist attack' - they won't be rolling their eyes.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 27, 2008 9:48 pm » by domdabears

alexrubic wrote:I didn't say there definitely was a window, I said that is what the light looks like - the sunlight streaming through a window! It could be a skylight or a fluorescent light panel or a reflective object off camera that bounced light from any of these sources onto the wall. The point being the light looks clearly to be reflecting off that wall/corner and ajar door not in front of it as a separate entity - that much is confirmed by the floor reflections. If you look along the bottom foreground of the still image you can see a long, straight shadowed area which ties in with there being a strong source of light from the direction opposite the phenomenon and behind to the side of the camera. If the phenomenon was a glowing entity of some sort in the corridor one would expect the shadowed fall-off to be circular and not straight.

One hopes the doctor knows the architectural layout of his own hospital...but then again!

Well of course news anchors roll their eyes at every UFO story...it's all part of their shtick! That's so you will know they are being sincere when they are talking about the latest 'terrorist attack' - they won't be rolling their eyes.

LOL. That's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to debate your theory if its real or not. Any debate on this would go on forever. Anyone's opinion on if it was real or not is perfectly fine. The title might lead anyone to think this was supposed to be a debatable topic, but i just copied and pasted it. So it was my fault. I really just wanted to know if anyone else notices what i see on the whole difference of the ghost/alien subject in the media. Then i saw what you wrote and stuck my nose in it, because i thought you didn't see it all, and i was just mentioning that the doctor did say that.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSun Dec 28, 2008 1:56 am » by Alexrubic

domdabears wrote:LOL. That's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to debate your theory if its real or not. Any debate on this would go on forever. Anyone's opinion on if it was real or not is perfectly fine. The title might lead anyone to think this was supposed to be a debatable topic, but i just copied and pasted it. So it was my fault. I really just wanted to know if anyone else notices what i see on the whole difference of the ghost/alien subject in the media. Then i saw what you wrote and stuck my nose in it, because i thought you didn't see it all, and i was just mentioning that the doctor did say that.

Well I must have missed the point of the thread. But being from the UK that is understandable. News programmes were often finished on a 'humorous' story that was delivered 'tongue-in-cheek' by the newscaster. very often they would be things like UFO, ghost, Loch Ness monster or crop circle sightings. What you have to realise is that many TV newscasters, and certainly anchor men, (in the US if not the UK) are more actors/TV celebrities than serious journalists or investigators. Their job is to present a script off auto-cue and follow direction. If they are told that a story is to be presented humorously or tongue-in-cheek they probably just ask how high do you want me to raise my eyebrow when I say this line?!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

Super Moderator

PostSun Dec 28, 2008 2:04 am » by domdabears

alexrubic wrote:
domdabears wrote:LOL. That's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to debate your theory if its real or not. Any debate on this would go on forever. Anyone's opinion on if it was real or not is perfectly fine. The title might lead anyone to think this was supposed to be a debatable topic, but i just copied and pasted it. So it was my fault. I really just wanted to know if anyone else notices what i see on the whole difference of the ghost/alien subject in the media. Then i saw what you wrote and stuck my nose in it, because i thought you didn't see it all, and i was just mentioning that the doctor did say that.

Well I must have missed the point of the thread. But being from the UK that is understandable. News programmes were often finished on a 'humorous' story that was delivered 'tongue-in-cheek' by the newscaster. very often they would be things like UFO, ghost, Loch Ness monster or crop circle sightings. What you have to realise is that many TV newscasters, and certainly anchor men, (in the US if not the UK) are more actors/TV celebrities than serious journalists or investigators. Their job is to present a script off auto-cue and follow direction. If they are told that a story is to be presented humorously or tongue-in-cheek they probably just ask how high do you want me to raise my eyebrow when I say this line?!

I totally know that and i see what your saying. I was also referring to society. I mentioned that.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSun Dec 28, 2008 3:13 am » by Alexrubic

Yes, I certainly think there is a section of society who scoff or laugh at such notions as UFOs, ESP, ghosts, etc. I think they lack imagination and a certain degree of intelligence and a have an overdeveloped preoccupation with purely earthly concerns. But worse than that I think the laughter and the scorn actually hides a deep-rooted fear of the unknown and disguises their inability to engage with those people who will at least look at these things with an open and enquiring mind!

Writer

PostMon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am » by Greatdestroyer

domdabears wrote:Well, i don't know if it is or not, but FOX news had a little story on it, without the anchors rolling their eyes, or laughing at the story. Every time i see a UFO story on their news, their anchors are always rolling their eyes or laughing at it. What the hell is the difference? Their both unexplainable! Anyways, check it out.
http://www.comcast.net/data/fan/html/po ... efault.xml

I'll take it back to the initial question posed.

The difference is that most of society was indoctrinated with some sort of religious/spiritual belief structure. when something is unexplainable like the "miraculous" recovery of an ailing child (accompanied with an extremely bright spot on a low-res surveillance camera), one turns to the divine for explanation. it's the simplest answer. "It was God's Will" is a common phrase.

But what you should really look at, and this is pretty disturbing, is the news story as a whole. Nowhere in the news report does anybody say where this "miracle" happened. It's not even in the lower third titles. It appears to me to be one of the many canned news stories that make it to the airwaves. Not unlike the advertisements in newspapers meant to look like news articles.

Five bucks says someone somewhere paid for that story.
In 13 the beast is rising
The frenchman did surmise
Through earthquakes and starvation
The warlord will arise
Terror, death, destruction
Pour from the eastern sands
But the truth of all predictions
Is always in your hands

viggerz

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 am » by viggerz

If that womans lieing shes sick as fuck. I hate people who create false hope by some bollox.

Writer

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 4:49 am » by Dmparker

You know, what I'm trying to figure out is why anyone would watch American News Cast to begin with???? Who cares what the American News Media think??? They are just a bunch of "talking heads" paid to talk up an agenda for the thugs who own the stations and our damn sorry worthless government.

Previous