Was Atlantis an allegory mankind’s deterioration?

PostFri Mar 25, 2011 2:15 pm » by Masterdruid

I've read a theory that the story of Atlantis was written as an allegory for human ignorance and without enlightenment, man falls into chaos, just as Atlantis sunk when the kings became greedy and corrupt.

The theory also states that Plato was initiated into a "Mystery School" in the Pyramid of Egypt. Apparently these mystery schools were like ancient versions of the Freemasons.

Any thoughts on this? Here is the website link: http://www.ancientmonks.com/mystical-or ... r-atlantis

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 25, 2011 3:52 pm » by Eliakim

No, all the land was once joined before it was split apart.

Initiate

PostFri Mar 25, 2011 3:57 pm » by 8pointed1

There is also another more recent comparative to mankinds demise.....Easter Island.Current archaeological and historical theories hypothesise a micro-cosmos of the situation on planet earth in general.

"If you are in the circle....you cannot see the whole sphere"
"If you are inside the circle,you cannot see the whole sphere"

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 25, 2011 4:04 pm » by Newdawnrising

Planetary events, not only bring down nations, but also usher in new dawns of man. There is more and more evidence mounting that is suggesting, that the ancients were far more advanced than ever imagined. When sudden planetary events happen, do we not still call them acts of God? To suggest that Atlantis never existed, imo, is ludicrous. To suggest that such an advanced ancient culture had grown greedy, imo, such is man.
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.