"We are programmed to receive." - the smart Eagles lines

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:19 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Everybody knows "Hotel Calofornia" from The Eagles, this maserpiece from 1976. The last verse goes:

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

Here is exactly described what contemporary decadence means in it's deep essence:

"We are programmed to receive... But you can never leave!"

That is the sad and at least deadly circle! That is what decadence is about! That is the key to the soul of western thinking! That is the satanic order of dehumanizing people!

It starts with programming to receive: give me, help me, do me a favour, I need, I want, I must, I decerve, God help me, Jesus grant me, Allah carry me - me, me, me, always me amd again me...

It ends with lost freedom - "but you can never leave!": you lost your power to heal, feed the hungry, comfort the sad, strengthening the sick, giving instead taking...

You always whistled when you could hear "Hotel California" and was happy.

Now take courage and listen to the deep meaning of the lyrics anew.

Try to break free. Heal. Comfort. Give. Feed. Dry tears. Not only believe in Christ but be like Christ. Not only speak of Buddha but be a Buddha. Be a new human of your ego letting go. Take it not that serious. Be simply a limited and cheerful and funny human...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 1:04 pm » by Electrobadgr

ah, the age of materialism. Where humanity looks outside of oneself to objects for guidance and solice. Some may never leave this age, i think many of us here are ready though, good post:-)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 pm » by Donovan

funny thing i was going to post this song two days ago.very good break down thanks.
My Avatar is from this amazing artist check him out. http://parablevisions.com/