We got schooled in school!

Initiate

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:46 am » by Caaron

This woman validates the real truth behind public school and all other forms of institutional education.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/21238 ... ion-Speech
"let food be your medicine and let medicine be your food."

Super Moderator

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 am » by Seahawk

Good post. Good for her. I hope that it reaches a mindful audience, and effects a change. That's a huge battle to take on, a truly difficult, yet magnificent one. I hope that her voice continues to insist, to exist, and to fight for her ideals. This establishment that she has exposed has roots so firmly planted that it will take a revolution, of sorts, within the institution itself, to garner anything truly significant . Once the ball drops, it's back to business as uisual.

Brings to mind "Metropolis."

:hiho:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 pm » by Ogmios

Some things never change. Schools seem to simply churn out good citizens, denying them self empowerment.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 pm » by Spamilee

It is absolutely ridiculous the pressures that our children are under academically these days, in these days of computerised everything we expect our kids to be exactly that.. :hell: Computers...!!! Well done her for having the guts to speak out & be heard :clapper:
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

Initiate

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 1:54 pm » by Caaron

I have a much higher respect for my peers, (and kids today) who so-called drop out. Though I did graduate high school, I did drop out of college and feel very happy with that decision and where it has taken me. I read a quote on this site "go to college to get laid, go to the library to get an education." sums up my whole life.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 2:09 pm » by Funnyman46

caaron wrote:I have a much higher respect for my peers, (and kids today) who so-called drop out. Though I did graduate high school, I did drop out of college and feel very happy with that decision and where it has taken me. I read a quote on this site "go to college to get laid, go to the library to get an education." sums up my whole life.

:pray: Same here. When I left the school system, I began to learn.
Sometimes, simple is better

Initiate

PostThu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 am » by Caaron

Good news in L.V. were a majority of high schools have dropout rates as high as 60%. :clapper: Of course it's reported as bad news in the media but it's music to my ears. :banana: Young adults are much more informed today and can see right trough public school. We should call it opt-out of high school, screw forced indoctrination. My wife made a good observation "america is a corporation and school is orientation." :think: So lets support these young adults with jobs, a place to stay, food, money, moral support are what ever we can until they can support themselves. :hugging: