We have a traitor in our midst - Harper

Writer

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 7:30 pm » by Mikemac

On 09/29/91 Brian Mulroney (the character that struck the first blow against Canadian sovereignty with NAFTA) said this below in front of an audience of about 7,000 people in Frost Amphitheater at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California. Throughout the years, the amphitheater has been the host to many events including a prominent speech by Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev in 1992. This 09/29/91 Stanford News Release is titled "Mulroney on Canadian, U.S. roles in new world order"
http://news.stanford.edu/pr/91/910929Arc1160.html
"We favor re-thinking the limits of national sovereignty in a world where problems respect no borders," Mulroney, wearing an academic robe, said before about 7,000 people in Frost Amphitheater.

"The burden of building a new world order is too great to be borne by any one country, even a country as powerful and principled as the United States of America; it's a burden that must be shared by all industrialized nations, and I tell you today, Canada will fulfill every single one of its obligations."

At the G20 meetings in Toronto in 2010 talking about their agenda Stephen Harper said "It's a Loss of National Sovereignty" meaning Canadian sovereignty. See it on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhEjt9IQec

Harper is working for and in the interest of the United States government. Harper has already committed treason by signing a secretive deal with the US on Feb. 4, 2011 to remove Canada's sovereignty, with a minority government and without the approval of the Canadian public or parliament. Fortress America, the next step to the North American Union. Harper has no authority to deal away our sovereignty.

Canada.com Feb. 5, 2011 Harper, Obama agree to integrate border
http://www.canada.com/business/Harper+Obama+agree+integrate+border+creating+security+trade+perimeter/4225641/story.html

Globe and Mail Feb. 10, 2011 "Don’t deal away our sovereignty" by Michael Ignatieff
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/opinions/opinion/dont-deal-away-our-sovereignty/article1901070/

The NDP has been pushing for a Commons debate on the issue. "All we're asking for is a little democracy," NDP MP Paul Dewar said in question period. "[Harper] hasn't informed Canadians what he's up to and he hasn't consulted this House." Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff then accused Harper of "talking with President Obama about things he's not prepared to talk to Canadians about."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/02/04/harper-obama.html

North American Union & Canada
http://hubpages.com/hub/North-American-Union--Canada

If you think for one moment that the Canadian public won't see this as treasonous when they realize it and see Stephen Harper as a traitor then you are mistaken. The traitor Harper has to go.

This is a very important vote if you like being a Canadian. We need every Canadian, especially young Canadians to choose and vote on May 2nd for the MP that has the best chance of beating out the Conservative MP in your riding.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 pm » by Captainkarizma

I do not want a conservative gov.
vote green party we need change not more of the same, the liberals have proven to be every bit as bad for canada .
If any canadian here hasn't checked out the green party I suggest you go to their web site and do it!.
http://greenparty.ca/

I will not waste my vote on more of the same old bullshit !
We need change and the liberal party is counting on people to give them their vote just to keep harper out. This will do nothing for Canada if Ignatieff gets into power, this asshole lived most of his life outside of Canada, was a member of parliment and missed 70 % of house votes .

When Jack Layton came in from behind and delivered the head shot about Ignatieff's low-attendance record at House of Commons votes, it shredded the Liberal spin job.

Layton's line revealed to voters that Ignatieff wasn't just a visting professor to Canada. Ignatieff is just visiting when it comes to democracy.

Ignatieff's typical condescending response was he didn't require any lessons on democracy from Layton. Iggy would be right about that if only Layton had been wrong about his assertion.

Layton offered the data point - there's that egghead language again, Iggy's contagious - of 70%. He said Ignatieff missed 70% of the votes and in the real world when someone misses work 70% of the time, he shouldn't expect a promotion.

And so here's Jack Layton, who according to the polls is more trusted by John and Mary Canadian Tire than Michael Ignatieff, saying Ignatieff is not prime minister-worthy because the visiting professor doesn't even want to visit Parliament Hill.

Is Jack Layton wrong?

Everyone agrees it was a great zinger. It can't be great if it's not based on the truth.

Liberal Partisans say it's not true. Their argument is laughable. Iggy did miss most of those votes. But he was trying to beef up his brand with bus tours and his first visits to those quaint little stores with pedestrian coffee and those greasy little things with the holes in the middle that would never be served at the Ignatieff villa in the south of France.

so to tell everyone to just vote the cons out and bring in the only other party who can beat him out is just bad for Canada , I like what the greens platform they would be a good addition to the house ,sadly we will have to endure another harper minority but with a few greens in, there will be a voice of reason in the house.
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 pm » by Humanbeing

I'm still on the fence between NDP and Green. The liberals and cons can fuck right off. I've been paying attention to what Avaaz has been covering on canadian politics, very informative. The problem is though, besides a few things that the NDP and Green parties are offering, I really dont agree with any current political systems. They all butter things up with a few good things, then BAM! they rape you, for a lack of a better term.
I am excited though, that the Green party finally has a proper leader and has proper funding, AND they do have more than a chance to win seats this election, which is awesome.
The NDP lady that I would be voting for locally is pretty cool though. I voted for her last time around and I like what she has to say and the fact that she is involved with the people (on the peoples level) makes her a better candidate than most.

As long as the liberals and cons dont get nearly as many seats as they think they will get, I will be happy(ish).

captainkarizma wrote: but with a few greens in, there will be a voice of reason in the house.

I agree with this, they seem to be about change, not dollars. I'm sure they have a dark side as well, but its certainly nowhere near as dark as the rest, thats for sure.

@cap - remember the marijauna party?.......nuff said!

:cheers:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 8:45 pm » by Captainkarizma

humanbeing wrote:I'm still on the fence between NDP and Green. The liberals and cons can fuck right off. I've been paying attention to what Avaaz has been covering on canadian politics, very informative. The problem is though, besides a few things that the NDP and Green parties are offering, I really dont agree with any current political systems. They all butter things up with a few good things, then BAM! they rape you, for a lack of a better term.
I am excited though, that the Green party finally has a proper leader and has proper funding, AND they do have more than a chance to win seats this election, which is awesome.
The NDP lady that I would be voting for locally is pretty cool though. I voted for her last time around and I like what she has to say and the fact that she is involved with the people (on the peoples level) makes her a better candidate than most.

As long as the liberals and cons dont get nearly as many seats as they think they will get, I will be happy(ish).

captainkarizma wrote: but with a few greens in, there will be a voice of reason in the
house.

I agree with this, they seem to be about change, not dollars. I'm sure they have a dark side as well, but its certainly nowhere near as dark as the rest, thats for sure.

yea too many people think the green party is the marijauna party in camo but ,the greens have a solid budget platform and want to support small farming and bring democracy back from the brink, and what about the Bloc quebecois they had 1.3 million votes last election and got 49 seats in the house, the greens got 1 million and 0 seats, the bloc only has ridings in Qeubec ,the greens run in every riding .
The greens want proportional voting system, I like this one the best.

Initiate

PostTue Apr 19, 2011 11:55 pm » by Gnosticwanderer

captainkarizma wrote:
humanbeing wrote:I'm still on the fence between NDP and Green. The liberals and cons can fuck right off. I've been paying attention to what Avaaz has been covering on canadian politics, very informative. The problem is though, besides a few things that the NDP and Green parties are offering, I really dont agree with any current political systems. They all butter things up with a few good things, then BAM! they rape you, for a lack of a better term.

captainkarizma wrote: but with a few greens in, there will be a voice of reason in the
house.

yea too many people think the green party is the marijauna party in camo but ,the greens have a solid budget platform and want to support small farming and bring democracy back from the brink, and what about the Bloc quebecois they had 1.3 million votes last election and got 49 seats in the house, the greens got 1 million and 0 seats, the bloc only has ridings in Qeubec ,the greens run in every riding .
The greens want proportional voting system, I like this one the best.

I agree with you guys, Elizabeth May has got my vote- and those of you who don't vote forfeit the right to bitch and complain.

Writer

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 am » by Jrogg

[quote="captainkarizma"]I do not want a conservative gov.
vote green party we need change not more of the same, the liberals have proven to be every bit as bad for canada .
If any canadian here hasn't checked out the green party I suggest you go to their web site and do it!.
http://greenparty.ca/

I will not waste my vote on more of the same old bullshit !
quote]
:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
The liberals, conservatives and NDP have been the head of our goberment for the last 100 years and had a chance to really make a differnce and look what they have done. I soul heartedly believe it does not matter who is elected, they are all wolves in sheeps clothing. It is time for stiff uppercut, time to vote in a new party that has not been in office. Everyone I have talked to is fed up with it all, our taxes are being raised year after year and the cost of living is increasing. We are not getting the pay raises at work to be able to adapt, infortunately the majority of us do not work for the gobernment so we can not deligate when and how much our payrate will increase. Most are saying they are voting green, I mean how much worse can they be. Besides, if they come up with a new budget and the house votes against it we will probably have a new election anyway ... hhahah :banana:

Initiate

PostWed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 am » by Unitb166er

Thank you Mikemac for being a Warm Blooded,Truth Seeking Canadian!!!

Here is Something for you!

Source:http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/elections/article/517010--conservatives-want-to-dump-guelph-u-student-votes

Conservatives want to dump Guelph U student votes
On campus vote has not been challenged in past

GUELPH No votes cast Wednesday in a special ballot at the University of Guelph should stand, according to the Conservative Party of Canada.

The party wrote Elections Canada on Thursday to request that none of the votes collected during the U of G session be included in the final tally of votes in the Guelph riding. The letter was sent by lawyer Arthur Hamilton, of Toronto-based law firm, Cassels Brock.

The move has generated considerable controversy at the university, home of the first youth "vote mob" encouraging students to vote.

In his letter, Hamilton alleges the polling station was illegal and also that partisan election material was present at it, which is a violation of the Canada Elections Act.

The polling station in question was located on the main floor of University Centre, where approximately 700 students cast sealed ballots.

Elections Canada media advisor James Hale said this was the third election during which the University of Guelph held a special ballot on campus. And this is the first time it’s ever been challenged, Hale said.

“Part of our mandate is making the vote as accessible as possible. So, we look at outreach programs,” Hale said.

Hale said special ballot polling stations are often held for groups of people who consistently display less-than-average voter turnouts, such as students, First Nations, seniors and the disabled.

“It’s never been challenged, not to my knowledge,” Hale said.

However, it was Wednesday and then again Thursday by the Conservatives.

Several University of Guelph students claim Michael Sona, the communications director for Guelph Conservative candidate Marty Burke, attempted to put a stop to voting at the special ballot held Wednesday.

The students say Sona approached the Elections Canada balloting site claiming that the process unfolding at the location was illegal and at one point reached for but never took possession of a container with ballots.

“He tried to grab for the ballot box. I’m not sure he got his hand on the box, but he definitely grabbed for it,” said Brenna Anstett, a student, who at the time of the reported incident was sealing her second of two envelopes containing her vote.

Student Claire Whalen was just about to receive her ballot just before 5 p.m. when the episode unfolded.

“That’s when a guy came up and said it was an illegal polling station and that he was confiscating the ballots. And then he tried to take (the ballot box),” Whalen said.

Whalen also identified the man as Sona.

The Guelph Mercury has not been able to verify that it was Sona and has not confirmed the identity of the individual that made the approach witnessed by the students.

Sona, who recently was a University of Guelph student, did not respond to phone calls or emails placed to him Thursday by the newspaper. He was in a meeting Thursday when a reporter stopped by Burke’s campaign office for comment on this story. Burke campaign officials confirmed Sona was aware of the requests for comment. The nature of the story was also described to the Burke campaign in connection with requests to interview Sona.

Burke has not yet made a public comment in connection with the special ballot issues. Requests to interview him in connection with this story did not yield an interview.

Anstett said she filed a complaint with Elections Canada on Thursday morning about the brief disruption the incident caused.

Hale said Anstett’s submission will be reviewed but no formal complaint was made on the matter.

Before the late afternoon incident, the special balloting event was heralded as a success Wednesday by various U of G officials.

Hundreds of students queued to mark ballots at the session. Student interest in the voting was so significant U of G president Alastair Summerlee honoured a pledge to have his face painted blue at the venue if the event garnered enough student participation.

“We were all very happy there was going to be a poll on campus” student voter Yvonne Su said. “I’m not aware of the legalities of it, but I would think Elections Canada would know what they’re doing.”

Some students waited up to two hours to vote. Some studied for final exams while they waited.

Su, an organizer of the Vote Mob action in the city on April 4, said if the ballots are rejected “there will be a lot of really upset students.”

The Guelph Mercury

Stealing Ballot Boxes.......The Standard Operating Procedure of A Control Freak Dictator!

F&ck You Harper You Globalist Nazis Traitor!!!! :nwo: :hell: :twisted: :evil:

Thanks Mikemac :sunny:
Designed To Give A Damn!

Writer

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 am » by Mikemac

Your welcome unitb166er. Yeah I heard that Harper's goons tried to cancel the Guelph student vote. Just shows how desperate he is.

I heard this youtube video that I posted earlier on the local university radio station today.

And just a couple of minutes later they played this catchy tune, "Steve It's Time to Leave"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfbp-HEylU

If you want to sing along here's the lyrics. :owned:

---------------------------

Steve Steve itʼs time to leave
Itʼs time to close the Harper show
Your one man band has got to go
Time to take a long long walk in the snow
Steve itʼs time to leave

In the good old days we had democracy
But now itʼs Steve-autocracy
With a daily dose of hypocrisy
Spewing from the PMO
Thereʼs Odaʼs yes or no about a not
And whereʼs the bill for all those jails you've bought
It's called contempt and like it or not
You've really got to go

Itʼs time for this charade to end
Youʼre running out of rules to bend
You wonʼt get by with a little help from your friends
Steve itʼs time to leave

Remember all that campaign spin
Transparency would soon begin
Your in and out spending went out and in
Where the sun donʼt shine
Another slice of Harper sleaze
A little thing called Detainees
You close down the house whenever you please
And you claim to have a spine

Time to go screw something else
Time to put your crown on the shelf
Time to go and prorogue yourself
Steve itʼs time to leave

You can see who has the best chance to beat out the conservative in your riding at the Project Democracy web site.
http://www.projectdemocracy.ca/

Initiate

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 6:51 am » by Captainkarizma

mikemac wrote:Your welcome unitb166er. Yeah I heard that Harper's goons tried to cancel the Guelph student vote. Just shows how desperate he is.

I heard this youtube video that I posted earlier on the local university radio station today.

And just a couple of minutes later they played this catchy tune, "Steve It's Time to Leave"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfbp-HEylU

If you want to sing along here's the lyrics. :owned:

Itʼs time to close the Harper show
Your one man band has got to go
Time to take a long long walk in the snow
Steve itʼs time to leave

In the good old days we had democracy
But now itʼs Steve-autocracy
With a daily dose of hypocrisy
Spewing from the PMO
Thereʼs Odaʼs yes or no about a not
And whereʼs the bill for all those jails you've bought
It's called contempt and like it or not
You've really got to go

Itʼs time for this charade to end
Youʼre running out of rules to bend
You wonʼt get by with a little help from your friends
Steve itʼs time to leave

Remember all that campaign spin
Transparency would soon begin
Your in and out spending went out and in
Where the sun donʼt shine
Another slice of Harper sleaze
A little thing called Detainees
You close down the house whenever you please
And you claim to have a spine

Time to go screw something else
Time to put your crown on the shelf
Time to go and prorogue yourself
Steve itʼs time to leave

You can see who has the best chance to beat out the conservative in your riding at the Project Democracy web site.
http://www.projectdemocracy.ca/

I totally understand harper has to go but I love Canada more than I hate Harper, I feel by voting for just anyone only to remove Harper , we run the risk of Iggy getting in power which in my opinion would not be any improvement whatsoever .
The NDP are gaining in the polls and maybe the only party of the big three that comes close to the Greens.
But to vote for them will leave the greens completely out of the next election due to the fact they got no seats.
So at the end of the day we are right back to square one, we need green votes not strategic voting and don't listen to the rhetoric , do what is right not what your are being manipulated into thinking.

Writer

PostSat Apr 30, 2011 8:53 pm » by Mikemac

Toronto Star endorses the NDP

Published On Sat Apr 30 2011
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/article/983376--toronto-star-endorses-the-ndp

Monday’s federal election may well turn out to be historic for all kinds of reasons that were not obvious when it was called five weeks ago today.

Unless the pollsters have totally misread the mood of the voters, Stephen Harper’s Conservatives look to be heading for another victory. As we said on Friday, that would be bad for the country. The last thing Canada needs is an affirmation of a government obsessed with control, dismissive of critics, and determined to further diminish the role of the state in charting a better future for the country.

Voters who believe that Canada can — and should — aim higher have an important decision. Until 10 days ago, they had only one realistic alternative to the Conservatives — the Liberal party under Michael Ignatieff. Today, that is no longer the case.

The New Democrats have been reinvigorated under the leadership of Jack Layton. After Monday, they may well challenge the Liberals as the principal national standard-bearer for the roughly two voters in three who disagree fundamentally with the course charted by the Harper Conservatives. Progressive voters should give them their support on Monday.

In the past it has been easy to dismiss the federal NDP as naive idealists. That no longer applies. In this campaign they have emerged as a credible force, for many reasons.

• The party is on the verge of a historic breakthrough in Quebec, which would go far toward establishing it as a truly national party. Pushing back the Bloc Québécois is an enormous service to all Canadians. For the long-term unity of the country it is vital to have a national federalist leader trusted in Quebec as well as other regions. Layton’s roots in Quebec have proven key to this.

• The platform the NDP offers voters is ambitious and puts people first. It focuses on seniors, health care and the environment. It is in the broad tradition of nation-building that has long been at the heart of Canadian politics. After years of hearing the Harper Conservatives give the back of the hand to such aspirations, it is refreshing to see.

• On economic issues, long the NDP’s weakest point, the party is much sounder than it has been in the past. It is reaching out to small business as the main motor of job creation, and proposes no increases in personal taxes (though it would hike the corporate tax rate to 19.5 per cent). It pledges to balance the federal budget in four years, the same as the Liberals and Conservatives.

• In Layton it has a leader who has won the trust of many voters — a rare feat in a time dominated by cynical, ultra-partisan politicking. As a product of Toronto’s municipal scene and a veteran of urban politics, he is more attuned than any other major leader to the needs of our country’s cities — the engines of innovation and future prosperity.

Question marks remain. The NDP has never felt the discipline of power at the national level, and it shows. There are doubts about some of its proposals, including the amount that might be raised from its cap-and-trade system and its plan to claw back revenue from tax havens.

New Democrats have shown at the provincial level that once in office they can square their social conscience with fiscal responsibility. They are the party of Tommy Douglas, Allan Blakeney and Roy Romanow — pragmatists with a vision and a heart. Now that a much more significant role beckons at the federal level they must accept the challenge of developing that approach nationally as well.

The way this campaign has developed took everyone by surprise. The biggest disappointment has been the Liberal party under Ignatieff. Going into the campaign they had by far the biggest challenge — to connect with voters and offer a strong alternative to the Conservatives. They had to overcome the Conservatives’ brutal but effective framing of Ignatieff as something other than a real Canadian. With only two days to go before voting day, all the signs are that they have fallen short.

Ignatieff has spent the past few days lamenting the loss of the centre ground of Canadian politics and attacking the NDP as spendthrifts and “boy scouts.” His party’s collapse in Quebec raises the question of whether it can truly be considered a national force at this point. Liberal governments built much of what is best about this country — but voters are sending a clear message that they don’t feel they owe the Liberals anything for what the party did once upon a time. Nor do they believe the party has fully purged itself of the cronyism and corruption of the past. Elections are about the future, and the Liberals have not made a persuasive case for themselves as the alternative in 2011.

Fortunately, this time there is a real choice. Voters who believe Canada should aspire to something greater than the crabbed, narrow vision offered by the Harper Conservatives should look to Jack Layton and the New Democrats on Monday.