Well, if this isn't embarrassing...

Super Moderator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:17 pm » by domdabears

Muslim group: two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

(CNN) -- An airline is investigating the removal of two imams from a flight headed to North Carolina, ostensibly because passengers felt uncomfortable with their presence of the pair -- both clad in Islamic attire.

The incident occurred Friday on an Atlanta Southeast Airlines flight from Tennessee to North Carolina and it involved Masudur Rahman and Mohamed Zaghloul were wearing traditional Muslim dress, CNN affiliate WCNC reported.

The two -- who hold high religious positions in the Muslim community -- were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia. The meeting is sponsored by the North American Imams Federation.

Rahman, who is a professor at the University of Memphis, told the affiliate that the incident reminded him of the prejudice Rosa Parks faced during the civil rights movement.

"That history I found today in that plane, and it shouldn't happen with any other person," he said.

Atlantic Southeast Airlines, which operated the flight, said the incident is under investigation, and apologized "for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the civil rights group Council on American-Islamic Relations, told CNN the two men contacted his office and said they were told that passengers were uncomfortable with them on the flight.

"They went through security, even went through secondary security, and got on the plane, were taxiing out," he said.

But then, they were taxied back, Hooper said.

"TSA came on and pulled them off and said the pilot was refusing to fly with them because passengers were uncomfortable with them," Hooper said, referring to the Transportation Security Administration.

Hooper said officials re-screened them and found they were no threat.

While officials tried to get the men back on the plane, "the pilot absolutely refused and ultimately took off," Hooper said.

The airlines did not say why the two men were taken off the flight, but said they were given the opportunity to fly on a different flight.

"Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 5452 from Memphis to Charlotte returned to the gate to allow for additional screening of a passenger and the passenger's companion," the statement said. "We take security and safety very seriously, and the event is currently under investigation."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/07/mu ... 1&iref=NS1

Upload to Disclose.tv

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:24 pm » by Wolfbane7272

domdabears wrote:Muslim group: two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

(CNN) -- An airline is investigating the removal of two imams from a flight headed to North Carolina, ostensibly because passengers felt uncomfortable with their presence of the pair -- both clad in Islamic attire.

The incident occurred Friday on an Atlanta Southeast Airlines flight from Tennessee to North Carolina and it involved Masudur Rahman and Mohamed Zaghloul were wearing traditional Muslim dress, CNN affiliate WCNC reported.

The two -- who hold high religious positions in the Muslim community -- were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia. The meeting is sponsored by the North American Imams Federation.

Rahman, who is a professor at the University of Memphis, told the affiliate that the incident reminded him of the prejudice Rosa Parks faced during the civil rights movement.

"That history I found today in that plane, and it shouldn't happen with any other person," he said.

Atlantic Southeast Airlines, which operated the flight, said the incident is under investigation, and apologized "for any inconvenience that this may have caused."

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the civil rights group Council on American-Islamic Relations, told CNN the two men contacted his office and said they were told that passengers were uncomfortable with them on the flight.

"They went through security, even went through secondary security, and got on the plane, were taxiing out," he said.

But then, they were taxied back, Hooper said.

"TSA came on and pulled them off and said the pilot was refusing to fly with them because passengers were uncomfortable with them," Hooper said, referring to the Transportation Security Administration.

Hooper said officials re-screened them and found they were no threat.

While officials tried to get the men back on the plane, "the pilot absolutely refused and ultimately took off," Hooper said.

The airlines did not say why the two men were taken off the flight, but said they were given the opportunity to fly on a different flight.

"Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 5452 from Memphis to Charlotte returned to the gate to allow for additional screening of a passenger and the passenger's companion," the statement said. "We take security and safety very seriously, and the event is currently under investigation."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/07/mu ... 1&iref=NS1

Upload to Disclose.tv

ya it seems like its started all over again like it did with japanese americans when pearl harbor was hit its a paranoia that everyone is suspect becuase of some fringe elements from the same religion . dont get me wrong its great to be cautious but not everyone is a terrorist that is a muslim . good post dom

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:27 pm » by Boondox681

these muslims have no respect for anyone but themselves.and barely at that
let's put it this way.as an american citizen,if i am taking a flight,i do not wear a full length,black leather trenchcoat(ala Columbine high school) to the.airport.
they know the reaction they're going to get.
FUCK 'EM!

morning bears and thanx
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Super Moderator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:28 pm » by domdabears

yeah, i dont know anything about this group, but the irony was hilarious when they were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:39 pm » by Garciaface

If you stand in front of a cop waving a gun just to show that cops will shoot you even if you're not in the process of killing them guess what's going to happen. You'll be shot. They set out to prove a point by dressing that way. So, they proved it. Now, Southeast Airlines will shell out a million bucks because this country is run by idiots. If I went to Syria wearing a 'I Love Washington DC' shirt guess what's going to happen. You'll see me on national TV getting my head chopped off by the Syrian government.

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm » by Boondox681

If you stand in front of a cop waving a gun just to show that cops will shoot you even if you're not in the process of killing them

in america,it doesn't even take that.
here in denver a paraplegic man was shot in his own bed because he was holding a pepsi can
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 5:54 pm » by Wolfbane7272

,so what if they dress in gowns with turbans..get real thats irrelenvant . the point is just because some fringe elements of a religion went ape shit and declared jihad does not mean that you can speculate everyone who wheres a gown and a turban as a terrorist It's bullshit if one cant even where what they want without being suspect, then doesnt that just show the level of paranoia that this situation has created. ? I am not a muslim and i dont study the koran but i know racial prejudice when i see it and this is a perfect example.

Initiate

PostSat May 07, 2011 6:10 pm » by Gonzo63

First of all, does anyone really think that a terrorist hell bent on bringing down an American airliner would show up at the airport wearing robes and a turban? No. They would try to blend in as much as possible. All the 9/11 hijackers were clean shaven and wearing "Western" attire. Secondly, who is this prick pilot and why isn't anyone taking a closer look at him to see if he is not a terrorist for any white supremacy group?

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 6:12 pm » by Boondox681

I am not a muslim and i dont study the koran but i know racial prejudice when i see it and this is a perfect example.

pleas re-read...
let's put it this way.as an american citizen,if i am taking a flight,i do not wear a full length,black leather trenchcoat(ala Columbine high school) to the.airport.

is this racial profiling if they approach me?
it's called common sense and you and these muslims apparently have none.

peace

Conspirator

PostSat May 07, 2011 6:19 pm » by Wolfbane7272

boondox681 wrote:
I am not a muslim and i dont study the koran but i know racial prejudice when i see it and this is a perfect example.

pleas re-read...

is this racial profiling if they approach me?
it's called common sense and you and these muslims apparently have none.

peace

you can insult me if you want, its still racial profiling because the pilot and the passengers "felt uncomfortable " about these men being on board the plane ,

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook