What are/is your hidden useless skills

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:20 pm » by Bleever

Aragajag wrote:OOOps stepped into the doodoo here, I will just back out and close the door.

All good homie...
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm » by Bleever

Lowsix wrote:
Bleever wrote:
Sorry I deleted my post b/c I felt I wasn't being kind...nice story telling...

Was just about to ask..bc that felt sorta like a zinger.
Sorta caught me offguard a little...

yeah im sorry..
Wasnt trying to make anyone uncomfortable..
so im confused..

and wtf was I doing?

Like I said...just telling a story that i thought would vouch for her claim.
Wondered if i shoulda just left it at "yeah she can shoot"

sorry.

*real confused.

Well for some reason I took a shot at you and I wasn't happy with myself after I read my post...not sure why your post annoyed me...I deleted it and I extend my apologies.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:28 pm » by -Marduk-

Lowsix wrote:yeah im sorry..
Wasnt rying to make anyone uncomfortable..
so im confused..

and wtf was I doing?

Like I said...just telling a story that i thought would vouch for her claim.
Wondered if i shoulda just left it at "yeah she can shoot"

sorry.

*real confused.

so finally the ol' horse found its socks, eh?!

looks like u're outta the game for a looong tiiime bud

feeling confused is pretty normal when u're in love with somebody.

All ze best :flop:

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm » by Slith

:peep:

Beating the shit out of spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm » by 99socks

Lowsix wrote:"i have good film for you. You learn from this. THIS is how you shoot ok?"

We'll get you a good bow and I'll train you the way I was trained, ok? Easy peasy. :cheers: :hugging:

@Spock
The answer is, neither. I was insanely lucky to get really, really started out right. I shot a few times as a kid at camp, the Ren Fair, etc. and was always interested but never got the opportunity. About three years ago I decided I was going to finally do it... partially to see just if I could do it, and in part to give me a way to relax from a really toxic work environment. Fortunately, the archery shop and range was about 1 mile from where I worked, so every day at 11am I would go there when my shift was over. It was a perfect time because it wasn't busy, but more than that, I discovered it was a sort of hang-out place for old war and hunting veterans.

The first couple of days I went, everyone ignored me. I mean, even the shop owner (and the dude TO THIS DAY doesn't even acknowledge my presence) really left me totally on my own. I didn't have a fucking clue what I was doing. Then finally, one of the old guys on bench telling war stories told me I was distributing my weight wrong. A few days later, another one told me to rotate my wrist. A few days after that, a different one told me I let the top tip too much upon release... and after about 3 weeks of wise old 70+ year-old men sitting back and tossing a hint at me here or there, I was shooting 3-6 arrow clusters in under an inch.

I don't think I am "that" much of a natural, but I think I had a combination of just the right attitude, background, and help. I didn't take up archery with the intention of becoming a great archer, I went in with the idea of finding some kind of "chill out" thing, and that is what I was doing it for. I had about 4 senior citizens who wouldn't tolerate poor form and never let me develop bad habits right from the get-go, but I do attribute my teachability to the agonizing discipline of 4 years of competitive marching band, and the body awareness and muscle-group isolation I learned in belly dancing. It is true that equipment plays a part, and yes I shoot a compound... but the reality of that is, I am terribly under-bowed, and I have the most primitive arrow rest and site available. I don't have any other toys on my bow. The sad thing is that in these 3 years since I started, I've only been able to get out to the archery range on the weekends maybe one month out of every six. I want the challenge of NOT shooting a compound and I've been itching for a flatbow (from this guy: http://www.thewoodenbow.com/Flatbows_-_ ... ow_Co.html) but I don't have $1,200 and at this point, don't see myself really being able to make it more often to the range than I already do. :cry:

The funny thing though, is because I'm more in it for the zen than anything else, I didn't actually realize how good I was until I took Low with me. There is one guy who works there on the weekends who is the archery coach at the university, and he's NEVER said anything to me, ever. Now granted, I've never had the money to pay him either, and I always figured that was the reason... but I have seen him give free advice to just about everyone who has come in (except me, of course). The thing is, I'm so in the zone when I shoot, I have no awareness of the people around me and I had absolutely NO idea that when I shoot he makes his students stop and study me. I was really blown away when Low told me I was being secretly filmed. The times I tried to become aware of what was going on around me were when I started flinching. Tertiusgaudens once sent me "The Zen of Archery" and I will admit, I have flipped through it but I've never read it or studied it... but I remember one key point, which is to never "think" just "do." When I stopped thinking about the people around me, I started shooting straight again. I think the trick is to not give a shit. Which is why too, I would probably really suck at competitions. Which of course, except in the case of shtf, makes it totally useless. :lol:
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm » by Rizze

Using a pen, I can use both my left hand or right to write my words
And also write long handed with all the text backwards.
Topping that, i can write my text mirrored' using both hands at the same time.

Useless I know

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 8:53 pm » by Poooooot

Rizze wrote:i can write my text mirrored' using both hands at the same time.

I used to be able to do that, as a teen. Not so much anymore. lol

ps: writing "poooooot" out on paper makes it sound like a really strange name now, even though I've been using it for two years :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm » by Rizze

Poooooot wrote:
Rizze wrote:i can write my text mirrored' using both hands at the same time.

I used to be able to do that, as a teen. Not so much anymore. lol

ps: writing "poooooot" out on paper makes it sound like a really strange name now, even though I've been using it for two years :lol:

What happened in between, now you lost those useless skills. :alien51:

I myself are naturally left handed and have other useless skills, ambidextrous in many other things.
Sometimes very handy :) indeed.

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Initiate

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 pm » by Arella

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
Arella wrote:I see patterns which was a useless skill until i found something to channel it in to.

How about starting a thread, using your skills and making us all wealthy.. :) ,

Two years..once i hit my target so i can do what i have to i believe i will be giving certain people the chance to use my system for free. Its all about patience. A little clue, 4 year plan, start small i-e i started with 100 pounds. Use small lots. Get five winning trades week at 5 pips a trade then stop for the week (don't get greedy stick to your plan) scale up every 10 weeks then in a little over two years you will have more money than you could dream of. All you need now is my 4 custom indicaters which took 5 years to tweak and that's it. Da daa

Initiate

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 11:55 pm » by Eltorito

In my younger days, I could hold off an orgasm indefinitely.

It used to irritate the hell out of some lady’s when they climbed off me after 30 minutes. :lol:

PreviousNext