What are you / Did you have for dinner???

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Slith wrote:
Fatdogmendoza wrote:
domdabears wrote:Mmmmm some stew or any kind of soup sounds good.

I feel like shit.

My girlfriend is working late tonight, so I'll probably just make a frozen pizza or an on-cor dinner (chicken Parmesan)

So what did you have, I forced myself to have Grilled Sirloin Steak, marinated in olive oil
garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and black pepper. with steamed jersey royal potatoes and Pan-roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic..

Forced yourself? Please!

I had canned soup and crackers. Dental surgery will do that. Faaaaaaaaack! :yell:

OMG canned soup and crackers ,,,you lucky bastard,,,,lol, hope your ailment improves my friend
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 am » by Slith

Root canals. 2 of them. Beers starting to kick in. All is good mon ami.

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 am » by domdabears

Fatdogmendoza wrote:
domdabears wrote:Mmmmm some stew or any kind of soup sounds good.

I feel like shit.

My girlfriend is working late tonight, so I'll probably just make a frozen pizza or an on-cor dinner (chicken Parmesan)

So what did you have, I forced myself to have Grilled Sirloin Steak, marinated in olive oil
garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and black pepper. with steamed jersey royal potatoes and Pan-roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic..

Put 'em on a hamburger bun and had chicken Parmesan sandwiches.

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 2:05 am » by Spock

I had a baked potato with butter at lunch, so tonight it's a hot mug of ovaltine, in almond milk.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 am » by Cornbread714

domdabears wrote:Put 'em on a hamburger bun and had chicken Parmesan sandwiches.

I'm glad you posted that. It made me remember I have some breaded chicken patties in the freezer and I was thinking I didn't have much here to eat tonight.

I had a decent meal earlier at the Frenchie restaurant next door. And typically not French - they serve a lot of different shit.

They had lasagna on the menu - and - bbq ribs, so I was torn. Then it turned out they were out of ribs, which made the decision easier and then Cremena, the cook, told me there was one rib left and she could serve it to me with the lasagna.

The lasagna noodles were homemade, btw.

But that was hours ago - now I'm hungry again and waiting on payday or I would have just ordered a pizza.

I was thinking I might have to resort to rice and beef bouillon. Then I saw this post.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am » by Jetski

Well...I ordered a Pizza, Chips and a Chocolate Mousse to top it off and washed it down with Jim Beam...to be honest though, I feel like :vomit: now!!! :dunno: :bang;

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm » by Slith

Jetski wrote:Well...I ordered a Pizza, Chips and a Chocolate Mousse to top it off and washed it down with Jim Beam...to be honest though, I feel like :vomit: now!!! :dunno: :bang;

:alien51: sorry. Chocolate mousse and Jim Bean will do that. Like drinking orange juice after you brush your teeth.

Initiate

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 4:50 pm » by Spikey

My Mrs and me both like spicey, and by spicey i mean ARRRRRGGGHHH that's fuckin HOT!

Apart from when i cook for my boys, almost everything i cook has chilli in it.

Our fave dinner is Chinese pork stir fry, and have it at least once a week.

We use either Pork fillet, loin chops, or 'sizzle steaks', with all the fat cut off (deep fry the fat and season with S&P and smoked paprika for tasty pork scratchings).

Slice the fillet into 2mm slices, or as thinly as you can get 'em without slicing your fingers off.

3 Bell peppers, red and green ones, seeds and stalks removed, cut up into inch sized pieces.

200g of baby corn cobs, sliced into 1cm 'horses ear' shapes (diagonals)

A Big bunch of spring onions (the mega sized are great for this), cut the same as the corn.

If no spring onions, then shallots are a good 2nd, or just use raw pickling onions.

A whole bulb of fresh garlic, finely chopped.

A little fresh root ginger, finely chopped (not too much ginger)

6 or 7 good sized 'bird eye' chillis, red and green, chopped into 5mm chunks (add seeds for heat too).

5 spice Chinese powder.

2 beef 'Oxo cubes' or other beef stock cube.

Dark soy sauce, olive oil, honey and a dash of hot chilli sauce...oh and about 1 tea spoon of black pepper.

Loads of fresh coriander (cillantro), coursely chopped, inc. stalks. at least a whole 25g bunch

Prep time is a bastard...cooking is a lot faster.

Slice lean pork very thinly, against the grain of the meat (makes it more tender when cooked)
Prepare all veg as described

Add 4 or 5 tbs (table spoon) of oil into your wok, medium heat, add pork and fry until just turning from pink...add black pepper, add in half the garlic, half the coriander, all the chilli, about 1 tbs dark soy sauce, 2 beef stock cubes crumbled over, and two tea spoons of honey..then about 2 tbs of chinese 5 spice powder.

Add boiling water to just cover the whole lot, cover the wok and turn heat to as low as it will go for 20 minutes or so, stiring now and then.

Lift lid, allow most of water to evapourate, leaving a thick sauce with the now very tender pork.

Remove the meat and sauce.

Fresh oil in wok, and fry corn cobs on high heat till they start to brown at the edges a bit (don't overcook the veg) add onions and peppers, a bit more dark soy, the rest of the garlic and a tea spoon more of 5 spice, keep stiring and turning over all the time.

The veg only takes about 2 or 3 minutes to cook (you want a bite to them) and then return the pork and it's juices to the pan and mix well with the veg.

Done!

Garnish heavily with the chopped coriander leaves and that's it.

Served with basmati rice, rice noodles, or even inside a baked potato is very tasty. If you don't like heat, leave out the chillis.

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 5:00 pm » by Slith

Serious heat happening there Spikey. Sounds amazing. Love the fact you nailed it with cilantro at the end. A lot of people don't understand that adding fresh herbs at the beginning of the cooking process actually amounts to little flavour.
Great recipe sir! :flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:48 pm » by Webcat

I had a bag of crisps (chips in the US) chocolate and some vodka.

Prep time: Nil

Cooking time: Nil

Satisfaction: 100%

Oh, and I chewed on a some fresh garlic, then had a couple of ciggies.

I now have breath like a Frenchman's bottom.......... :mrgreen:

:cheers:

PreviousNext