What Bill Clinton allegedly told Ted Kennedy about Obama:?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 pm » by bugmenot

What Bill Clinton allegedly told Ted Kennedy about Obama: 'A few years ago he would have been getting us coffee' :lol: :look: :rtft: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... offee.html

Bill Clinton has been embroiled in fresh controversy after it was claimed he made a disparaging remark about Barack Obama in a conversation with Senator Ted Kennedy.

Authors Mark Halperin and John Heilemann claim in their book 'Game Change', to be released tomorrow, that Mr Clinton told Mr Kennedy 'a few years ago this guy would have been getting us coffee'.

The claim comes as a leading Democrat apologised for comments he made about Obama's race during the 2008 election campaign, which are referred to in the same book.

Image Image
Controversy: Senator Harry Reid (left) and former US President Bill Clinton have come under fire for comments they are said to have made about Barack Obama

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described Obama in private as 'light skinned' and 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one'.

On Saturday, he said: 'I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologise for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments.

Coffee jibe: Mr Clinton has waded into fresh controversy over his comments about US President Barack Obama

Book: The explosive claims are contained in Game Change, which will be released tomorrow

'I was a proud and enthusiastic supporter of Barack Obama during the campaign and have worked as hard as I can to advance President Obama's legislative agenda.'

Reid remained neutral as party colleagues Obama and Hillary Clinton battled out the right to contest the Presidential election.

The book also says Reid urged Obama to run after realising the then-Senator was so hungry to advance himself.

'You're not going to go anyplace here,' Reid is reported to have told Obama of the Senate. 'I know that you don't like it, doing what you're doing.'

Elsewhere in the book, aides to Republican candidate John McCain are described as telling foreign policy advisors to Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin: 'You guys have a lot of work to do. She doesn't know anything.'

The authors also quote Obama's initial reaction to McCain's selection of the little-known Palin as his running-mate: 'Wow. Well, I guess she's change

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... offee.html :lol: :look: :rtft: