What can replace our monetary system

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 pm » by Dank1

money is the route of all evils, i dont know who said that but it is the hard truth in the world we live in today every problem that the world faces today has to do with money EVERTHING!
there is no solution for GREED, actully there is, kill all the people so there is :
no money to fight over
no property to fight over
no recorces to fight over
i know this is a bad comment but it,s the truth there is no way for the human species to not be
POSSESIVE , we charish everything that we believe we own and sometimes turn violent to
protect what we believe to be ours, its a common human trait that we all share,theres always gonna be money,unless we start paying in blood like a bad vampire movie(and even that would be considered a monetary system)
Last edited by Dank1 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:04 pm » by Kerrblur2

lol and its not going to change unless things are wiped out and we have to start over.
I'll die for that.
re incarnate to better the world :-)
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 pm » by Badger

kerrblur2 wrote:No I'm saying have no monetary system at all. Everyone works for like one goal. Its like a perfect communism way of thinking. Everyone works towards one goal of knowledge.

That might be a long way away, past our life time for sure. If were ever going to be able to make that big leap in to the higher density - the whole ego and greed thing needs to dampen alittle bit. :-)

a monetary system I think is worthless and I believe were the only race to have such a system.

I agree Kerr, unfortunately it would be impossible for this to be accomplished, as the monetary system is too ingrained within our culture. The best we could hope for is the few likeminded to band together to achieve our goal

Initiate

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 pm » by Govtslave

dank1 wrote:money is the route of all evils, i dont know who said that but it is the hard truth in the world we live in today every problem that the world faces today has to do with money EVERTHING!

It was the Apostle Paul and what he actually said was that "the LOVE of money is the root of all evil". Money is not evil in and of itself. It's funny this topic comes up because I recently asked my daughter how she felt about a system without money. She said "what do you mean?" I said you work doing something you like to do that is in accordance with your talents, and you are provided a home, food, a car, and whatever else you need. She said "what kind of home and what kind of car, and didn't they try that in Russia and it didn't work?" Also, who's going to do the shit jobs nobody wants to do?

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 pm » by Dank1

kerrblur2 wrote:lol and its not going to change unless things are wiped out and we have to start over.
I'll die for that.
re incarnate to better the world :-)

it don't matter you could blow the world up a hundred times and there will still be greed
there will always be somebody trying to take advantage of someone else for gain it is
how we are programmed (instincts) it might be ok if we all had no emotion Period
then we wouldnt worry about trying to better our selves, cause thats what greed is,doing what
you have to to make your life easier and comfortable, the definition of greed should be changed
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Initiate

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 7:15 pm » by Alexrubic

Unfortunately we would have to be so much more advanced than we are (morally, spiritually, whatever) for a moneyless, utopian, 'Star Trekkian' world to work.

Only a lucky minority of people find themselves doing a job that they really enjoy - that they would be willing to do for no material recompense whatsoever.

So the first problem - in making such a cashless system work - is making sure everyone is doing a job that they enjoy: that fulfils them on every level.

Next problem is how do you ensure that people benefit from each other's labour equally? Is someone whose job is to watch displays at a power station control room deserving of the fruits of another's hard physical labour actually producing a tangible product required for living?

What about people whose ideal career is no job at all? Do we deny them a house, clothes, food? If not, would the people who labour to produce these things be happy letting someone who chooses not to work or produce have them?

I do not think we are far enough evolved to sort out these basic problems without some form exchange mechanism (which in itself is only a deferred barter system).

In the short term, I think the only solution is to have money actually, intrinsically worth something instead of being fiat paper with no material backing. Money used to be made from precious metals and was actually 'worth' its face value.

Writer

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 6:51 am » by Afrobot

As i thought its EXTREMELY hard to replace the system without destroying our civilization

This just poped into my head after reading all your posts and i find it nice though i would like criticism

How about a system like this

* everyone is given a fixed amount of money ( or some other word ) monthly to pay for a reasonable home and afford food but thats it unless that person is able to go without something

* And then there is jobs as we know them today where you earn money this allows you to enjoy the riches of life and do your thing and all that. Jobs go from extremely hard ( high paying ) to extremely easy ( low paying hardly any work ).

Basically i want a human society where we all pursue our goals without these chains keeping us on the ground.

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 am » by Kerrblur2

afrobot wrote:As i thought its EXTREMELY hard to replace the system without destroying our civilization

This just poped into my head after reading all your posts and i find it nice though i would like criticism

* everyone is given a fixed amount of money ( or some other word ) monthly to pay for a reasonable home and afford food but thats it unless that person is able to go without something

* And then there is jobs as we know them today where you earn money this allows you to enjoy the riches of life and do your thing and all that. Jobs go from extremely hard ( high paying ) to extremely easy ( low paying hardly any work ).

Basically i want a human society where we all pursue our goals without these chains keeping us on the ground.

Having a Fixed income for everyone is STILL a monetary money system. And that is a controlled system. Everyone gets just the right amount to sufise there basic needs?

Now in a perfect civilization in my book, wether you have faith that it will happen one day or not....... is a world not of a monetary Economy, However lets do something like a system where Everyone from birth is put through school, which teaches everything that we ever learned, and when you grow - you are put in a specific location (a job per say) - and this job That you may have whether it is Farming, traveling the stars, or as low as maintaining order of the people. All the jobs are not for a monetary Payment but for the better'ment of our 'whole'.

now your probably thinking, "What the hell you thinking Kerr?" Well To level it clearer. Lets look at Japan for a Second.

What happened to them? After a Catastrophic Event (2 A-bombs) They are now So tightly sewed together, they all work as one to complete one objective! They are in a sense, 2-3 years ahead of everyone technology wise! it is because they developed a system where they all work together to achieve one goal!

Writer

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 7:12 am » by Afrobot

kerrblur2 wrote:
afrobot wrote:As i thought its EXTREMELY hard to replace the system without destroying our civilization

Having a Fixed income for everyone is STILL a monetary money system. And that is a controlled system. Everyone gets just the right amount to sufise there basic needs?

Now in a perfect civilization in my book, wether you have faith that it will happen one day or not....... is a world not of a monetary Economy, However lets do something like a system where Everyone from birth is put through school, which teaches everything that we ever learned, and when you grow - you are put in a specific location (a job per say) - and this job That you may have whether it is Farming, traveling the stars, or as low as maintaining order of the people. All the jobs are not for a monetary Payment but for the better'ment of our 'whole'.

now your probably thinking, "What the hell you thinking Kerr?" Well To level it clearer. Lets look at Japan for a Second.

What happened to them? After a Catastrophic Event (2 A-bombs) They are now So tightly sewed together, they all work as one to complete one objective! They are in a sense, 2-3 years ahead of everyone technology wise! it is because they developed a system where they all work together to achieve one goal!

true but then you realize so many are miserable and rather shut themselves off from society something they call hikikomori ( correct me if im wrong ) and they say it is growing

as a species we are going to have to put a lot of thought into something like this

Conspirator

PostFri Feb 19, 2010 7:15 am » by Kerrblur2

afrobot wrote:
kerrblur2 wrote:

true but then you realize so many are miserable and rather shut themselves off from society something they call hikikomori ( correct me if im wrong ) and they say it is growing

as a species we are going to have to put a lot of thought into something like this

Japan already doing it.
One day we will achieve a society Solely based on achieving only knowledge! not a pay check. lol please believe. Not in our lifetimes, But it will happen. We are not put on this universe to just die off. We are put here to learn lessons.

Thats why we have re incarnation(my belief) to learn lessons

Now as a Human-Whole Same DEAL. just on a bigger picture. It will happen. its just a matter of when.

PreviousNext