What can replace our monetary system

Writer

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 4:07 pm » by Afrobot

Ive read countless times that our system is flawed and all that ,But what can we replace it with and still advance at a steady pace or faster

Another question concerning the same thing. How would we advance quickly back before industrialization without using currency

Initiate

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 4:16 pm » by Govtslave

My personal feeling is that the monetary system we have is not so much flawed as it is full of corruption. Anything that works reasonably well can be corrupted and destroyed by greed and dishonesty. This is why I like Ron Paul's effort to audit the Federal Reserve. However, if the corruption of the Fed is exposed through an audit, who then do we put in charge of oversight? Congress? Yeah, right. :nails:

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 4:54 pm » by Svaha

Hitler's system : http://www.rense.com/general77/hitn.htm

or even better the system of Silvio Gesell : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Gesell
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm » by Drjones

I've said all along we don't need a physical item reward system at all,people work doing the things they want to do,whatever industry,they work for the betterment of themselves and the planet,that's it,everyone does this,i think we would quickly see there would be less crime without money around,i'd love to give something like this a try,a long shot i know but i believe it would work.A world without money,without a physical rewards system.
All money does is control us and make us miserable.Hold's us back as a species,bigtime!

Initiate

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm » by Sceptilief

drjones wrote:I've said all along we don't need a physical item reward system at all,people work doing the things they want to do,whatever industry,they work for the betterment of themselves and the planet,that's it,everyone does this,i think we would quickly see there would be less crime without money around,i'd love to give something like this a try,a long shot i know but i believe it would work.A world without money,without a physical rewards system.
All money does is control us and make us miserable.Hold's us back as a species,bigtime!

Couldn't have said it better myself. As I've said before, check out Star Trek: First Contact, and pay attention when Captain Picard explains how "expensive" his Star Ship is.

What we need is an economy based on exploration, knowledge and the Generations that will come after us. And like you said Dr. Jones, where everyone is worth the same regardless of their contribution to our collective betterment.

But this will never come if we don't topple and burn the current system, based on usury and greed. And while 'they' think they're controlling us with all this 'resession' mumbo jumbo, they've opened 'themselves' up to a fullblown attack in the name of the Human Right to never be a slave, to any master or system - and to also fight for the moral that we don't need to have more than our neighbour. Maybe one day. *sigh*
23:59;01

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm » by Ridee

the zeitgeist movement / venus project .
My blog --- > http://uplifting7.blogspot.com/

Initiate

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 pm » by Cricketine

ridee wrote:the zeitgeist movement / venus project .

I too like the Venus project and their system. Although this would only work if greed was taken out of the human emotions.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 pm » by Kerrblur2

were going to need a major catastrophic event that wipes us on a clean slate in order to start life over without a monetary system. But it definitely would be for the better!
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm » by Badger

kerrblur2 wrote:were going to need a major catastrophic event that wipes us on a clean slate in order to start life over without a monetary system. But it definitely would be for the better!

Do you think it would work though?

Money is a concept, it really doesn't exist. it is another form of control, just like religion.

Another way to enslave the masses and at the moment we're at saturation point with our lust for cash. Look in any newspaper and you will see the lifestyles of the rich and famous glorified there for our viewing pleasure and to stimulate a wanton greed for that which we don't have.
What ever happened to barter? I will trade my goods for yours? In the western world it's all but disappeared because those who already have money (the big businesses) don't want you to buy the latest flatscreen TV with 10 pigs you raised yourself. They want money! Also the financial institution is geared towards putting us all in debt (how many credit card applications fall through your letterbox every day?).
want a new car? get a loan
need an exotic holiday so you can properly relax? get a loan
need a new kitchen? use our credit card so we can own you because you owe us.

The world financial system has and always will be geared towards those who already have lots of money.

Rant over... :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang;

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 pm » by Kerrblur2

No I'm saying have no monetary system at all. Everyone works for like one goal. Its like a perfect communism way of thinking. Everyone works towards one goal of knowledge.

That might be a long way away, past our life time for sure. If were ever going to be able to make that big leap in to the higher density - the whole ego and greed thing needs to dampen alittle bit. :-)

a monetary system I think is worthless and I believe were the only race to have such a system.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Next