What can you tell me about Hy Brasil ?

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm » by Savwafair2012

Just another sunken island?

Hy Brasil, Hy Brazil, Hy Breasil, Hy Breasail, Hy Breasal, Hy Brasil [cf. OIr. Í, island; bres, beauty, worth; great, mighty]. Mysterious island, an earthly paradise, once thought to lie at the same latitude as Ireland but far out to sea. Although perhaps of Irish origin, the concept of Hy Brasil clearly owes much to the older European myth of the lost Atlantis. Some commentators speculate an Irish antecedent in Barc Bresail [OIr. barc, boat-shaped structure found on land], a wooden fortress built in Leinster by Bresal the ‘High King of the World’ and destroyed by Tuathal Techtmar. The island Hy Brasil appears, under many different names, on medieval maps, and was the subject of cartographer Angelinus Dalorto's thesis L'Isola Brazil (Genoa, 1325). Dalorto's spelling influenced the naming of the South American nation Brazil, although maps after Columbus's time still

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Hy_Brasil.aspx
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 7:02 pm » by Allreadydead

What can you tell me about Hy Brasil ?

Nothing really, sorry savwafair2012, at first, I thought it was about those crazy Brazilians smoking shit best left alone..............but I googled it and got:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_%28mythical_island%29

Does that help? :flop:

:cheers:

Initiate

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 7:06 pm » by Nyarelathodep

You can experience all the splendor of Hybrasil in the film Eric the Viking....its a very nice place...right up until it sinks. Their musical abilities left much to be desired though...
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm » by Phaeton

Yes, got very interested in this one too..
Hy Brasil indeed..
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 8:35 pm » by Emeraldtruth

Hi Sav, I'm somewhat familiar with this subject but far from an expert. I doubt there's anything I can tell you that isn't available online.
If you have a direct question I'd be happy to try to answer or point you somewhere. :cheers:

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 8:41 pm » by Savwafair2012

Please hook me up with some links and maybe a copy of Erik the Viking.
it seem's there isn't much on youtube and google keep's showing me some lame ass musical group by the same name.

peace

Upload to Disclose.tv

FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 03, 2011 8:44 pm » by Emeraldtruth

BTW too Sav, that history channel image is misleading with the co-ordinates. They are further north.

I would suggest you check for "Tir na nóg", Irish for Land of (eternal) youth.

Writer

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 4:24 pm » by Sim0b

Hiya mate. Ive become interested in Hy Brasil aswell since it was on A.A! It seems it was seen in the modern ages ie: 1300's AD and beyond. The weired thing about it, is that it was an island is MIST/FOG which seemed to of moved around and appeared as and when it wanted to. If you get any more info on it let me know please chap as i cant find fcuk all about it except stories. LOL!!!! Cheers. :)

PS: Why do you say that the history channels coordinates are missleading?

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm » by Emeraldtruth

sim0b wrote:Hiya mate. Ive become interested in Hy Brasil aswell since it was on A.A! It seems it was seen in the modern ages ie: 1300's AD and beyond. The weired thing about it, is that it was an island is MIST/FOG which seemed to of moved around and appeared as and when it wanted to. If you get any more info on it let me know please chap as i cant find fcuk all about it except stories. LOL!!!! Cheers. :)

PS: Why do you say that the history channels coordinates are missleading?

Just spotted your enquiry. Hi man.
The video centres on a point further southwest than the actual co-ordinates, though I don't claim there to be an ulterior motive. I just felt it was worth pointing out my observation, just in case it is or may become relevant.
Anyhow.. Hybrasil in general..
"Soon history passed into legend, and legend into myth" Lord of the rings.
You refer to the sightings and fog/mist. To address the sightings, it is difficult to believe them absolutely. Who is to know now which were genuine :arrow:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 pm » by Emeraldtruth

..or genuine mistakes or deliberate falsehoods. I recommend you go through some map history instead. In brief, this island appeared in most maps up until the 1600's roughly and never since. So this land was officially inluded by many cartographers of renown for quite a long period.
Now to address the fog that hid the land. It was said it only appeared once, on solstice, every 7 years. Just a story perhaps. However there is a massive parallel between this hidden land and the myth(history) of the 1st invasion of Ireland. I would urge you to look into the "Fomorians" and their glass tower. I have posted here about it but it never got much attention really.
Additionally you will note some similarities between the Fomors and the modern day question of powerful shapeshifters. Coincidence? :cheers:

Next