What Countries Have Universal Health Care?

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 am » by Lowsix

Unfunded Medicare and SS liabilities
are already at..get this..

108 TRILLION...

Source: Dallas Fed Chairman at Fed Reserve Dinner in Dallas in March.....

It's wayyy broke.
that why we dont need to underwrite the Health Care system right now..
(to big, too much, too fast),
we need to underwrite the Insurance system..similar to Canada..
SIMILAR but not exact..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

dusty1969

PostTue Sep 15, 2009 10:02 am » by dusty1969

LowSix wrote:Unfunded Medicare and SS liabilities
are already at..get this..

108 TRILLION...

Scary man, for real!

Initiate

PostTue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 am » by Lordgaga

LowSix wrote:Even the United States has Universal Health Care.

BY LAW, if someone shows up at an emergency room,
even without insurance, they must be seen. Period.

Even if they cant pay.
Citizen or not.

Thats Universal Health Care.
The govt. and the insured pay for it.
Indisputable facts.

What happen in USA when an individual has a condition requiring Continuous medical
care, say diabetes with daily injections of expansive insuline, and simply he-she can't afford
to pay for it?
Järv som Järven

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 7:58 pm » by Savwafair2012

dusty1969 wrote:
LowSix wrote:For the record, since im not sure ive ever really stated it outright..

I am 1000000% in favor of radical,
hardcoreheavyduty Health Care reform.

This Bill aint it.

And good points dusty really.

Ty sir.

Ya, something has got to give in health care. I would definitely like to see some more concrete plans for the payment of this system while still maintaining medicare, and social security.

Obama says he has it under control, and man, I want to believe that. But it we have some serious programs (the above mentioned) that are always on the brink of bankruptcy. It is a fine line we are walking. One slip, and it is a big pile of crap that we fall in.

Both of you made some great contribution thank you :clapper:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Initiate

PostFri Sep 18, 2009 12:16 pm » by Liberal

One of the things that really gets me about the whole Universal Health care thing is this:

As and American, I have always had that national pride, or even arrogance, that goes with being a son of the USA. I have lived in the belief that we are the shit, and everyone else is trying to be us.

As a discerning adult, I have had to systematically dismantle my belief system brick by brick. I have come to realize that the USA does not necessarily do everything the best. We are seriously lacking in many areas when compared to other nations.

When it comes to Universal Health care, why is it that almost every other country in the world can pull this shit off, but when we try and do it, the bill for the plan looks like it is gonna drive us into fucking poverty. Why are we not capable of what every other country is? Is the truth that we are and the conservatives are just making it look bad, or is it that our system is just not able to support programs like this?

We are the United States of America. Anything that anyone else can do we can do better, right? Right?

Initiate

PostFri Sep 18, 2009 1:16 pm » by Kyo121

i don't know if there is such a law that people showing up at emergency rooms are required to be treated or not....but i guess that depends on the severity of the ailment for which they have to go to the ER for. I've seen plenty of people with things like broken limbs to bloody gashes being refuse treatment unless someone can stand in and pay the fee JUST to be seen by the doctor. Cost of the treatments comes later...to the person who paid for the original fee which is BS since if you take someone to the ER you're unknowingly agrees to paying for all their medical expenses.

Initiate

PostFri Sep 18, 2009 2:33 pm » by Liberal

kyo121 wrote:i don't know if there is such a law that people showing up at emergency rooms are required to be treated or not....but i guess that depends on the severity of the ailment for which they have to go to the ER for. I've seen plenty of people with things like broken limbs to bloody gashes being refuse treatment unless someone can stand in and pay the fee JUST to be seen by the doctor. Cost of the treatments comes later...to the person who paid for the original fee which is BS since if you take someone to the ER you're unknowingly agrees to paying for all their medical expenses.

Do you work in a hospital?

Previous