What Do Your Food Cravings Really Mean?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 am » by 99socks

Samuelthemule wrote:
Thewatcher wrote:The last 12 months since I've stopped managing and coaching football players I have put over a stone in weight on. :o

I crave chip shop food, big fresh cream cakes, I've even gone to taking out a full pack of chocolate digestives with a cup of tea ( dunking them ofcourse ) and I wouldn't mind I'm not even a chocolate lover. But my favourite is a five seeded loaf of bread with chopped pork, butter and lumpy piccalilli sauce. :o

Oh my the more I think about it I am going to keel over at this rate, I need to sort my diet out.

Thanks for the post it has made me realise where I'm going wrong.

:cheers:

once you divide your body from your soul, from your raw presence, the "I" which I am speaking of when I say "I", it gets a lot easier to resist temptations, and things which would be bad for you, because you can regognize the source of the craving, and choose to solve it in another way, instead of doing the automatic processing thing which would be: Identifying so strongly with your thoughts and feelings than you blindly follow along with them, and just do whatever they tell you to.

In that state, you are a real victim to advertising.

I'm not poking...

But with that kind of "logic," how do you explain the irresistible need that people have for eating psychedelics?

The real deal is, once a body's nutritional optimums have been reached, there are no more cravings, period. Likewise, if a person is truly healthy mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, then there should be no attraction to mushrooms, frogs, and cacti. :flop:

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:46 am » by Seriouscitizen

99socks wrote:
Samuelthemule wrote:
Thewatcher wrote:The last 12 months since I've stopped managing and coaching football players I have put over a stone in weight on. :o

I crave chip shop food, big fresh cream cakes, I've even gone to taking out a full pack of chocolate digestives with a cup of tea ( dunking them ofcourse ) and I wouldn't mind I'm not even a chocolate lover. But my favourite is a five seeded loaf of bread with chopped pork, butter and lumpy piccalilli sauce. :o

Oh my the more I think about it I am going to keel over at this rate, I need to sort my diet out.

once you divide your body from your soul, from your raw presence, the "I" which I am speaking of when I say "I", it gets a lot easier to resist temptations, and things which would be bad for you, because you can regognize the source of the craving, and choose to solve it in another way, instead of doing the automatic processing thing which would be: Identifying so strongly with your thoughts and feelings than you blindly follow along with them, and just do whatever they tell you to.

I'm not poking...

But with that kind of "logic," how do you explain the irresistible need that people have for eating psychedelics?

The real deal is, once a body's nutritional optimums have been reached, there are no more cravings, period. Likewise, if a person is truly healthy mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, then there should be no attraction to mushrooms, frogs, and cacti. :flop:

Assuming that eating psychedelics isn't 'natural' to begin with. When you look at our history, and for example at the elaborate reading graham hancock gave about it, you see a repetition of ceremonies in wich tribes etc. went to alterted states of consciousness to connect with the spirit world.

Im not stating this is THE way, but history does tell us there are many tribes and cultures before us that clearly tought of it as being a tool to get an 'higher consciousness'.

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:50 am » by Noentry

I heard this theory before.
Mushrooms opened the minds of cave dwelling primates.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 am » by SamueltheLion

i wouldn't say eating mushrooms was a craving, or an irresistable urge, that's how i'd explain it.

at least, not in the sense you mean it, what you just did was mince worlds/definitions together.
But anyway, funny point and a nice try, I get it: Be more responsible.

I wonder how long it will be before the whole ambulance thing fades from peoples memories :p

With mushrooms: the state is what people wish to arrive at, and their curiosity takes them (including myself) to strange places, and consume even stranger mushroom feces/faces...

now that i've ingested them, i know i can actually also think, feel and BREATHE myself to that place, but it takes a LOT more effort. If everyone realized they could take themselves where they wanted to, with enough willpower and imagination, would we externalize anything anymore? Maybe we could go without... food, of any kind. May be all food is an addiction! Not that I really want to put that theory to the test but you know, one could.

Detoxing sure seems to involve Not Eating.

I noticed with the mushrooms that you have a chance to really "ride it out" or to "return early" and stay grounded, annyyywayy, who says psychedelics aren't part of a healthy diet? some soul food, literally
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 am » by Thewatcher

Samuelthemule wrote:

How can I be a victim to advertising dude when I don't even watch t.v or notice advertisements about food when I'm out and about.

I put it down to being a greedy fuck at the moment because I'm spending a lot of time on my Apple Mac and reason 6 software trying to produce some bangin tunes, which is a dream I've always had, getting no excercise, just need to get back the gym with the lads, simple as, I've always been a size medium to large but at the moment I'm a large to extra large.

clothes are gettin to tight and I'm hatin this belly that's appearing ( sound like a woman there :lol: ) the op has made me realise how bad me old ticker is going to end up if I don't change eating habits.

:P
''The Fear of Losing is the Biggest Winner''

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:03 am » by Opalserpent

How can you change your eating habbits when even the gmo vegetables will kill you now?
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 am » by SamueltheLion

hey man, don't hate your body, love it be grateful for what it is, try and see the beauty in what it is and it will work with you much faster.

as for my comment "in that state you are a real victim to advertising", the you i was speaking of was not meant as -you-.

but the general you.

get it? :)
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 am » by Seriouscitizen

Opalserpent wrote:How can you change your eating habbits when even the gmo vegetables will kill you now?

Dont eat GMO vegetables

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 am » by domdabears

Noentry wrote:This post SC is giving me a craving for a...Chocolate Knickerbocker Glory

There is no force more powerful in the universe.
I can not resist, resistance is futile.

I have needs. Love me!!!!
Screw that I am off to the freezer!!!!
:)

Sweet fancy moses. :o

What's in that?

It kind of looks like a peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen. (my favorite) Can't fuck with soft serve ice cream.

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 am » by Noentry

Strawberry's or Cherry's
Ice cream vanilla, raspberry, strawberry or chocolate.
Whipped double cream.
Chopped assorted fruits
Nuts And a flake to top it off.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Over here it is advertised or known as an American classic.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

PreviousNext