What does the Arab world do when its water runs out?

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am » by Punjedi

Yes, there are states that make it illegal to collect and store rainwater for personal use.

some areas have high restrictions so they don't deplete their limited water table.

Rainwater run off can account for a large portion of an areas available water, and they consider collecting and storing as theft.

Some folks who have installed special roofs to collect the water and store it in large amounts are now having suits brought against them.

It's a sad truth but on the other hand, an area like say Henderson, Nevada which shares one of the largest aquafirs with Las Vegas and surrounding areas, has to be regulated or it's rather large population density in a relatively small area quickly taxes the available water.

I think overall it's just ridiculous that this planet is over 70% water, and yet we still manage to find ways to contaminate or restrict its access.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Initiate

PostMon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 am » by Tntbw

Water wars have been going on in America ever since the beginning of the bottled water industry. Pepsico is notorious for going into a local community and making corrupt deals with the politicians to deplete the water supply. They then sell back what is the equivalent of tap water to the consumer at prices that would make gasoline seem cheap by comparison.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 am » by Kkris

mediasorcerer wrote:wonder how long it will be until they bring in laws that make it illegal to collect rainwater.?

There are already laws against collecting rainwater. UK too, - just not administered, yet.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 am » by Tntbw

kkris wrote:
mediasorcerer wrote:wonder how long it will be until they bring in laws that make it illegal to collect rainwater.?

There are already laws against collecting rainwater. UK too, - just not administered, yet.

Really? I thought they had a camera covering every inch of that country. Pretty soon you will get a bill in the mail for any and all infringements of the law. If I lived there, spray paint would be in short supply because I would form a group that it's soul purpose is to render such surveillance inoperable.

Previous