What does your god/gods tell you to do?

Writer

PostFri May 08, 2009 7:28 pm » by Robsonsdad

My God wont speak to me.

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 08, 2009 7:43 pm » by Cornbread714

theshee wrote:
concrete wrote:
theshee wrote:My faith tells me to regret nothing, love deeply, believe in my dreams, never regret my past, do what makes me happy, be around people that makes me smile, laugh as much as I breathe, & love as long as I live, sleep soundly and always know that I CAN do it :) :flop:

Wow! You should read Carlos Castenada.

I have :)

All of it? Just curious...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 8:30 pm » by Truthsekr76

God....Im 99% sure that god (the way religous people believe) does not exist. But if I did have a god, he would tell me to love my family,respect each other, raise my kids the right way and live everyday like it was my last. He would warn me to not read any man written bibles....claiming to be his words, because they are full of lies and deceptions. He would also tell me to not go to any churches....where the man standing in front of the pew claims to know what happens after a person dies...he would say DONT LISTEN TO THOSE LIES....FOR HE HAS NEVER DIED AND CANT SAY WITH CERTAINTY WHAT HAPPENS ! He would tell me one last thing....he would say...FOR WHEN YOU DIE...DONT WORRY ABOUT GOING TO HELL....THERE IS NO HELL....DEAD PEOPLE CANT FEEL PHYSICAL PAIN...SO DONT STRESS BURNING IN THE ETERNAL FIRE....WE ALL GO TO THE SAME PLACE....AND WILL BE REUNITED WITH LOST LOVED ONES AGAIN....BUT IT IS NOT HEAVEN....DEAD PEOPLE CAN FEEL MENTAL JOY....AND LOVE....BECAUSE WE ARE ALL ENERGY....AND LIKE ENERGIES REMAIN WITH EACH OTHER FOR ETERNITY! :hugging: :flop:

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm » by Theshee

@ cornbread714

No, not all of it - just the first I believe. The Teachings Of Don Juan, I collect 'old' books and someone gave me this one... I don't think they realized it was a first edition. Ive been meaning to read the rest but something else has always come along... maybe one day!

Super Moderator

PostFri May 08, 2009 10:20 pm » by Vulcanic

my god tells me not to drink tap water.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostFri May 08, 2009 10:41 pm » by Crazynutsx

sorry people :( in my earlier post i meant terrorists, but i got them Islamics for short, sorry i dint explain what i meant and i hope no one took offence by it

Conspirator

PostSat May 09, 2009 12:44 am » by Drextin

All I know is the god of hypocrisy is not too happy.....

(I'm not religious myself but i believe strognly in peace,love and justice for all) :hugging: regardless of race,colour or creed or belief...whatever..we're all here together..

You forgot to say as long as they think like, you eat like you and pay loads of attention to you.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator

PostSat May 09, 2009 1:03 am » by Cornbread714

theshee wrote:@ cornbread714

No, not all of it - just the first I believe. The Teachings Of Don Juan, I collect 'old' books and someone gave me this one... I don't think they realized it was a first edition. Ive been meaning to read the rest but something else has always come along... maybe one day!

I was curious because I kind of, umm... read all of them.
I started out like most trippy 70s dudes - that book was required hipster reading material back then, but I kind of got hooked and kept reading each new installment. I went from wondering whether any of it was true, to finally not caring either way, and just enjoying them for what they were. To me, they were more about Western occult philosophy and practice disguised as Native American shamanism.
Then other books from his "group of sorcerers" started appearing, some of which were also interesting.
Then the Tensegrity movement started, not long before Castaneda died, and his closest followers started coming out in public and teaching the tensegrity movements, and I found them sort of creepy, but intriguing (they were all women).
Then apparently some of them committed suicide and the whole thing ended up looking like some dangerous wacky cult, which maybe it was.
Just wondered if anybody was familiar with the whole history of Castaneda and the subsequent weirdness...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 1:06 am » by lainn

There's a difference between a person who calls themself religious and one who calls himself spiritual....you end up on one side of that chessboard ,'or not'....and the 'or nots'.....the ones who lie inbetween....what label do they carry? Religious/Spiritual/........i wonder which two piece of the board would represnt the two....king...queen...bishop...my bets are on the queens...because it moves around where ever it wants, takes what it wants.....is bold in movement... but traps itself in greed or sacrifice........oh.....sorry...and the 'or nots'?....what are they....pawns?

"gods.......what gods.......you are gods.....if I exist...then I must exist with total beleif in myself....without doubt..without fear.....where are you.....or have you forgotten?"

......is what my imaginary friend would say to me...
Last edited by lainn on Sat May 09, 2009 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 3:15 am » by Bink02

shoot! already posted this answer on another thread ... :D well here it is again... try to leave the world in a little better shape than when you got here .... :flop:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

PreviousNext