What does your god/gods tell you to do?

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 3:57 am » by Spock

Well, it reads like everyone has it all figured out. We are all our own gods, and shouldn't have to answer to anything except the little god within our own self to know what is inherently pure and righteous.

So as long as we all follow the good little voice within, we're all adding to the evolution of the soul and universe.

All righteousness is relative, and there should never be a set foundation. Because a set foundation may impede on someone else's good.

Therfore their good may not resemble our good, but it's all okay, because we are all following the little good guy within ourselves.

There is no ultimate truth, only relative truth. And, our truth is truth, until we accept to believe someon else's truth, then that makes our own truth, something a little less than truth, not wrong, but not truth either.

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 4:12 am » by Strider

ahhh - but what if there *is* an ultimate truth, but it is beyond the limited means of we small humans to see it?

Are you saying "because I can not see it, it does not exist", or that "it is *my* seeing of things that brings them into being" ?.

:think:

Writer

PostSat May 09, 2009 4:50 am » by Drdsturbed

Before I answer that, let me explain why I have faith in the first place. If there is no God what tells a living soul to live and breathe? Any living soul, "plant or animal or micro-organism". What tells them to live, breathe, grow, multiply, you know, the things living things do? The lungs? The heart? The brain? Not all living things has these, tho plants still breathe. What tells living things to live? The cells? What tells the cells to live? When science or anyone can tell me this then maybe, I'll stop believing. Until then my God tells me to have patience, soon everyone will believe in Him.

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 4:58 am » by Strider

maybe they don't ever have to be told what to do - they just *are* ?

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:28 am » by Spock

I was being facetious in my last post. I do believe in an ultimate truth. I also think it is written on everyone's heart.

Instead of trying to explain it, I think the best apologetic work for this argument is C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity". It draws the picture better than any forum could do.

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:42 am » by Hesop

spock wrote:I was being facetious in my last post. I do believe in an ultimate truth. I also think it is written on everyone's heart.

Instead of trying to explain it, I think the best apologetic work for this argument is C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity". It draws the picture better than any forum could do.

OK, ummmmmmm,
uhh,............................................

Did you get a haircut?

Really though. Over the many years, not just here, I have heard countless people, for whatever reason, vehomently proclaim that no God exists.
Isn't that a lot like saying "There ain't another guy around that can whip my ass!" Then someone does.
Who here can allow themselves to believe in aliens, having never personnally seen one, let alone touched one, Yet shout out, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that there is no God?
What of the aliens that believe?
Last edited by Hesop on Sat May 09, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostSat May 09, 2009 7:42 am » by Momzilla57

DOES ANYON LISTEN WHEN THEIR GOD DOES SPEAK? :?:

Conspirator

PostSat May 09, 2009 7:54 am » by Clawspiracy

I believe when I truly ask, an answer comes. It may be veiled, or perhaps it is quite to the point...

I was on a bus, worried about money, thinking about my finances... And I fell asleep.

when I awoke, the first thing I saw were the words painted on the back of a punker chick's jacket... right in front of me: "Money isn't important. Life is." (or something to that degree as my memory stumps me at the moment)...

Ask and mean it. Then listen.

My faith tells me to regret nothing, love deeply, believe in my dreams, never regret my past, do what makes me happy, be around people that makes me smile, laugh as much as I breathe, & love as long as I live, sleep soundly and always know that I CAN do it :) :flop:

Excellent!
It's a Clawspiracy...

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 10:30 am » by Kilaspy

From our beginning Mankind has invented Gods, There seems to be a 'need' in us to have someone better/ smarter/ god/ to turn to for help. Could this be from a 'Pack Leader' predisposition, or are we just afraid of the idea that we are on our own??.

Writer

PostSat May 09, 2009 4:59 pm » by Memofromturner

to every season ...there is a reason.....turn,turn,turn.....and a time to every purpose.......under heaven,,,, weather we belive it or not.....we all follow Gods will.....not to excuse people who do bad things.........but...if you understand ..action/reaction......this makes sense....my God tells me to accept his will....i dont have to understand why people do what they do....or why bad things happen to good people.......i just need to accept that everything happens for a reason.....i spend my days trying not to be too judgemental and tolerant of opinions not my own..i think we are like a hand full of pebbles being thrown into a pond......we all create our own ripples,but they all affect each others ripple at the same time. when my God speaks to me ,i dont here a loud voice.......i recognize gentle nudges .....pushing my thoughts and actions in a perticular direction...some times they are even .....Oh,,Wow...moments. :hugging:

PreviousNext