What does your god/gods tell you to do?

Writer

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm » by Memofromturner

great quotes hesop.......if someone doesnt belive in God,do they believe there is no order in the universe? steven kings ....mother abigail said it well.........its ok if you dont belive in God.......but God believes in you........ there are no non believers in foxholes........

Conspirator

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:30 pm » by Eaganthorn

It is one thing to believe in god, quite another to believe he talks to you in a deep rich voice like Charlton Heston or James Earl Jones.

But there was a guy in NY a few years back that said he could hear the voice of god when he was around certain dogs. God told him to punish certain people.
There was another guy out west that claimed god had told him to lead his faithful to New Jerusalem, which was hidden in the tail of an approaching comet.
Another fellow who consistently heard the voice of god, lead hundreds of people to a new utopia called “Jonestown”.
So, I guess it is a pretty common thing to hear the voice of god, although I really can’t say that I have heard god speak to me directly like those other fellows did. Not really sure what I mean by all this, it just felt like I needed to bring it up on this thread for some strange reason.
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Initiate

PostSat May 09, 2009 5:31 pm » by Truthsekr76

kilaspy wrote:From our beginning Mankind has invented Gods, There seems to be a 'need' in us to have someone better/ smarter/ god/ to turn to for help. Could this be from a 'Pack Leader' predisposition, or are we just afraid of the idea that we are on our own??.

I agree! To me...Jesus is no different than mythical figures such as...Zeus,Hercules..etc,etc,etc. They are all alike...bearded men with super powers.

Heres a question for all you religous people...if someone goes to hell for not accepting the lord jesus as their savior...and living by his rules....what happens to the ones who where never exposed to that type of religion? Native Americans...small tribes all over the world....the civilizations that believed in something else....are they damned to burn in hell...cause they dont know jesus?

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 6:32 pm » by Spock

truthsekr76 wrote:Heres a question for all you religous people...if someone goes to hell for not accepting the lord jesus as their savior...and living by his rules....what happens to the ones who where never exposed to that type of religion? Native Americans...small tribes all over the world....the civilizations that believed in something else....are they damned to burn in hell...cause they dont know jesus?

Okay, fair enough. First, by accepting - there are no rules. Before you say people can murder or do something else in that vein; understand that by accepting it means asking for forgiveness for not being perfect.

Can Adolf Hitler go to heaven, well, yes. It's not up for me to decide and I don't know where his heart was with God when he took his own life, but that makes no difference, it is between him and God.

As far as people that have never heard of grace through acceptance of "the gift", then God judges them according to his will written on their heart, and their circumstances which brought them to their conclusions in life. We may see the person as evil, God may see them as good.

As a Christian, I believe that God loves everybody, and if He wills to accept, he will. He offered a sacrifice for us so that we would not need to be judged. And once someone truly accepts that, they will want to do His will, which is love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart, mind and soul. God also understands that people are his creation, not perfect, so He created a bridge for us. It's really a liberating feeling.

Are there people that have never had the gift offered to them going to Heaven? Yes.

Are there Muslims going to Heaven? Yes.

God is much more forgiving than we are.

And remember what Jesus told his own people:

"You strain at a knat and swollow a camel", "You obey the letter of the law, but not the heart of it".

It comes down to the "heart of the law". People relying on the letter of the law and thinking they can prove their own righteousness through adherence, are doomed. People can not follow the law. That's why Jesus came. He atones for us. There are gray areas but one thing is not gray: Nobody should ever, in their own heart, decide who is deserving of hell. Because we all are when it comes down to it. And God doesn't want that.

The God of wrath of the Old Testimate, I believe that was utilized to keep law and order within a tribe of wanderers. God sent the 10 commandments - that is what he sent, period. The books of Judges and Leviticous, were ways for man to know if they had atoned for their sins. When Jesus came, he said that he was not rewriting the law, because he wasn't, Jesus knew that perfection for man was not viable through repetitive organisation. It only came from within. The laws are ancient mans way of making themself feel better after they have done something evil. It's like going to the K-Mart check-out counter and paying for a particular sin with a particular penance.

Anyway, I hope I didn't make this an equation. It is not.

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 8:20 pm » by TheDuck

Heres a question for all you religous people...if someone goes to hell for not accepting the lord jesus as their savior...and living by his rules....what happens to the ones who where never exposed to that type of religion? Native Americans...small tribes all over the world....the civilizations that believed in something else....are they damned to burn in hell...cause they dont know jesus?

Exactly what i 'believe'

Yet as i delve deeper into this HUGE rabbit whole i realize anything is possible i am not repenting yet but one day maybe.

as for What does your god/gods tell you to do? he says be true to yourself and you can't go wrong.

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 8:30 pm » by Spock

theduck wrote:Exactly what i 'believe'

Yet as i delve deeper into this HUGE rabbit whole i realize anything is possible i am not repenting yet but one day maybe.

as for What does your god/gods tell you to do? he says be true to yourself and you can't go wrong.

I just tried to answer this Duck. Read the 2 posts after that the initial question...

Okay, fair enough. First, by accepting - there are no rules. Before you say people can murder or do something else in that vein; understand that by accepting it means asking for forgiveness for not being perfect.

Can Adolf Hitler go to heaven, well, yes. It's not up for me to decide and I don't know where his heart was with God when he took his own life, but that makes no difference, it is between him and God.

As far as people that have never heard of grace through acceptance of "the gift", then God judges them according to his will written on their heart, and their circumstances which brought them to their conclusions in life. We may see the person as evil, God may see them as good.

As a Christian, I believe that God loves everybody, and if He wills to accept, he will. He offered a sacrifice for us so that we would not need to be judged. And once someone truly accepts that, they will want to do His will, which is love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart, mind and soul. God also understands that people are his creation, not perfect, so He created a bridge for us. It's really a liberating feeling.

Are there people that have never had the gift offered to them going to Heaven? Yes.

Are there Muslims going to Heaven? Yes.

God is much more forgiving than we are.

And remember what Jesus told his own people:

"You strain at a knat and swollow a camel", "You obey the letter of the law, but not the heart of it".

It comes down to the "heart of the law". People relying on the letter of the law and thinking they can prove their own righteousness through adherence, are doomed. People can not follow the law. That's why Jesus came. He atones for us. There are gray areas but one thing is not gray: Nobody should ever, in their own heart, decide who is deserving of hell. Because we all are when it comes down to it. And God doesn't want that.

The God of wrath of the Old Testimate, I believe that was utilized to keep law and order within a tribe of wanderers. God sent the 10 commandments - that is what he sent, period. The books of Judges and Leviticous, were ways for man to know if they had atoned for their sins. When Jesus came, he said that he was not rewriting the law, because he wasn't, Jesus knew that perfection for man was not viable through repetitive organisation. It only came from within. The laws are ancient mans way of making themself feel better after they have done something evil. It's like going to the K-Mart check-out counter and paying for a particular sin with a particular penance.

Anyway, I hope I didn't make this an equation. It is not.

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 8:47 pm » by TheDuck

don't really see what your getting at spock but lets just say ok and leave it at that peace. :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat May 09, 2009 8:56 pm » by Clawspiracy

...if someone goes to hell for not accepting the lord jesus as their savior...and living by his rules....what happens to the ones who where never exposed to that type of religion? Native Americans...small tribes all over the world....the civilizations that believed in something else....are they damned to burn in hell...cause they don't know jesus?

Why do you think it has to be the Christian God at all? God is god. That's all. The rules were made by men. If you posit the question this way, it becomes clearer, and does not contradict any religion's basic teachings...

So... If what a native American Indian, or some aborigine believes or not is irrelevant. God believes in them, experiences creation through them just as he does with those armed with bibles, korans and the bravdagitas (I know I didn't get that right)...

Most religions don't really want this simple truth to be known.. Because... Who would pay them all that money, and how would those Television Evangelists and Islamic Extremists rule the planet then?
It's a Clawspiracy...

Super Moderator

PostSat May 09, 2009 10:00 pm » by TheDuck

Most religions don't really want this simple truth to be known.. Because... Who would pay them all that money, and how would those Television Evangelists and Islamic Extremists rule the planet then?

exactly and that's a fact. when i first saw a video of how 2 galaxies merge it helped me realize that we are all 1 no matter what our beliefs are.

Writer

PostSun May 10, 2009 9:29 am » by Megavirus

theduck wrote:

exactly and that's a fact. when i first saw a video of how 2 galaxies merge it helped me realize that we are all 1 no matter what our beliefs are.

Yes where one... we all come from dirt whether you like it or not.
And I hate it when some people say where Gods on this planet, when a powerful hurricane comes most of them run for there lives.
There also this we can conquer a lion with bare hands when working together but when you put a person in a cage one on one with a lion who's God then? Or another example we can crush a deadly bug cause where aware of its presents, but when you aren't aware and it bights you, you get overcome by it.

But a God that religious people picture is something that never dies and is ruler over something.
So saying where Gods is out of the question, unless there specific like over Grant theft auto game. :shooting:

Anyways I believe my God tells me not to disappoint him.

PreviousNext