What exactly is the 2012 Galactic Alignment?

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm » by Poooooot

It is important to define what the Galactic Alignment is in precise astronomical terms.

The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes.

Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below).

The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997)

Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar.

These are the astronomical facts of the matter. From a larger perspective, we can visualize the 2012 Galactic Alignment in the following way:

Position A is where the December solstice sun was in relation to the Milky Way some 3,000 years ago. Position B is 1,500 years ago. And position C is "era-2012", when the December solstice sun has converged, as a result of the precession of the equinoxes, with the exact center-line of the Milky Way (the Galactic equator). Notice that the place of alignment is where the 'nuclear bulge' of the Galactic Center is located.

Galactic Alignment Simplified

If you imagine our solar system as a bunch of peas on a plate, with a huge meatball in the center, imagine the Milky Way as a city-size pizza with the "Guiness World Book Record Meatball" in its center!

Prior to December 2012 we have been drifting on the top of the pizza, never really able to see the bottom. The plate and pizza are not parallel; they are moving at different angles. We've been drifting down, down, down... and on December 21st, 2012, we will be exactly level with the crust -- forming an "x" at the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest. After 2012, if we are still here, we will be passing through the bottom zone, viewing the Milky Way pizza from the South.

source
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Writer

PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm » by Simbad75

thats made me very hungry indeed may be pizza l8r

Initiate

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 2:58 am » by Estanislao

yes, and as the big meatball has a black hole in the center of it, it does discharge the only thing that can escape a black hole which is a type of photon particle. Coming out of the meatball like an ultra thin layer of flour on the pizza. And when the earth passes through this flour layer, it may be beneficial... some say, very beneficial to mankind. According to a Mayan priest, it will only last 8 minutes and hit the earth at the equator and + or minus 35 degrees on either side. And in between the 21-23rd of Dec.

He suggests have a writing pad with you at all times as it will be an epiphany experience. However, this will fade within days or weeks.

According to Wilcock, these particles will sync our DNA up with a greater galactic geometry... allowing for many a wondrous thing.

not to long now... finally!

Initiate

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 am » by DmoniX_The_Destroyer

I could have sworn that on TV they've said, that there is no galactic alignment or anything of that nature to occur and if it the effects on our planet would not even be negligible. Or is that just PTB disinfo?
Oh I know I'm goin to Hell, I'm just working on how deep.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 6:22 am » by Cia212

Estanislao wrote:yes, and as the big meatball has a black hole in the center of it, it does discharge the only thing that can escape a black hole which is a type of photon particle. Coming out of the meatball like an ultra thin layer of flour on the pizza. And when the earth passes through this flour layer, it may be beneficial... some say, very beneficial to mankind. According to a Mayan priest, it will only last 8 minutes and hit the earth at the equator and + or minus 35 degrees on either side. And in between the 21-23rd of Dec.

He suggests have a writing pad with you at all times as it will be an epiphany experience. However, this will fade within days or weeks.

According to Wilcock, these particles will sync our DNA up with a greater galactic geometry... allowing for many a wondrous thing.

not to long now... finally!

This is nonsense. The only thing escaping a black hole is Hawking Radiation, and that's still in doubt.

And Wilcock believes he's the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce - so his theories are in doubt as well.

@Poooooot

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 am » by Domeika

I think what poot has put together is admirable. Read Hamlets mill.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 7:30 am » by Opalserpent

Is that mean't to be happening in 9 hours, I think I'm in the future here in Australia, you americans a behind me I'm pretty sure.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 am » by Jetski

Opalserpent wrote:Is that mean't to be happening in 9 hours, I think I'm in the future here in Australia, you americans a behind me I'm pretty sure.

I'm even further in the future here in New Zealand, you Australians and Americans are behind me, I'm certain!!! :alien51:

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 am » by Rich316

http://www.lunarplanner.com/HolyCross.html diagrams at the link, good read, much like what poooooot posted.

The Cycle of the Earth's Precessional Cross
The Construction of Earth's Precessional Cross

The ecliptic plane, commonly referred to as the "Ecliptic of the Sun," is created by Earth's annual orbit around the Sun. Experientially verified by sky watchers throughout the ages, the ecliptic plane or "Solar Ring of Power" is the most significant plane in the Heavens used to map the relationship of astronomical events and their effects on Earth. This plane is a primary energy field for Earth - where occurs equinoxes, solstices, solar and lunar eclipses, and all other planetary and stellar alignments that we demonstrably experience in everyday life. The ecliptic plane is the mediating plane between Earth's equatorial plane and our galaxy's equatorial plane. The ecliptic plane, or solar plane, is the plane of the soul, where as Earth's equatorial plane is that of the incarnate personality. The ecliptic plane provides the stage upon which Earth's Precessional Cross occurs.
Celestial Equator & Earth's Ecliptic Plane
Galactic & Ecliptic Planes

Just as Earth nests within our solar system, so too does our solar system nest safely within the care of our galaxy. The ecliptic plane lies at a unique angle in our galaxy, tilted and nesting within our galactic plane. The galactic plane is the disc of our whirling galaxy. The galactic plane provides the greater evolutionary context for the incarnating soul participating on Earth's experiential plane.
Celestial Equator, Ecliptic, & Galactic Planes

These three intersecting astrophysical planes, the galactic plane, the ecliptic plane, and the Earth's equatorial plane, all tilted at unique angles to one another, create the geometric orientation of the two intersecting lines or cross members of Earth's Precessional Cross. Due to Earth's precession of the equinoxes, one cross member (the vernal axis) rotates around the ecliptic ring while the other cross member (the galactic equatorial axis) remains stationary--creating the ~25,000 year "Cycle of Earth's Precessional Cross." The timing of this cyclic movement determines when the moving cross member is perpendicular to the stationary one, thus creating the perfect or erect cross. There are two erect crosses occurring in the cycle, both create primary transition points in the cycle and in our evolutionary unfoldment. One cross occurred about 12,000 years ago, the other is the astrophysical event occurring NOW (~2000 AD). The following illustration shows the movement of the vernal axis with respect to the fixed galactic axis in the ecliptic ring over the last couple thousand years--the erection of the current cross.
Precession of the vernal axis in Earth time

Initiate

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm » by Hamal67

If you can be arsed to read it all this site gives a comprehensive explanation of the actual astronomy

http://www.infinitelymystical.com/essays/2012-astronomy.html

Next