What happened at Cheesefoot Head?

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:20 pm » by Captchaos

What happened to Pat Delgado, Colin Andrews and a team of crop
circle researchers at Cheesefoot Head, England, on 18 June 1989,
reached the highest levels of the British government.

Everyone present experienced or saw something unusual:

* Pat - "I Levitated and was pulled backwards by an invisible Force. I was terrified".
* Colin - "I had a real job to break Pat free from the force".
* Rita - "I saw the head of a small ET".
* Busty - "I observed Colin and Pat moving backwards, Pat at an angle".
* George - "I asked the sound to make a crop circle. One formed nearby that night ".
* Terence - "The barometric pressure and temperature dramatically dropped".
* Ron - "I lifted my head slightly upwards and I was rooted to the spot by what I saw".
* Ken - "Mike and I heard this strange sound from the highway".
* Steve - "The sound was clearly interacting".
* Don - Became unwell and left before events unfolded.

The Operation

Operation White Crow was the first organized crop circle surveillance operation. It
was planned and conducted by myself, Pat Delgado, and Busty Taylor in June of
1989. We decided to muster this project to see if we could strike lucky and film a
crop circle being formed. Aspects of the events that unfolded have been written
about in journals and books and told in lectures and interviews. However, this is the
first comprehensive account.

The location we choose was Cheesefoot Head, near Winchester in Hampshire,
England. Cheesefoot Head is a natural amphitheatre where we had been finding
crop circles for years. In fact, a previous farmer stated in a letter to me that circles
had been occurring on this land since 1922. This field was personally significant to
us as it hosted the first circles that Pat saw in 1981 and the first circles I saw, a set of
five in a cross formation, in 1983.

The project was scheduled to occur over a ten day period. We obtained a caravan to
be command central which we parked at a look-out point over the field. The caravan
was equipped with specialized low-light and image-intensifier cameras. The research
team consisted of Dr. Lyons, Professor Archie Roy, Dr. Terence Meaden, George
Wingfield and about 25 other participants. Together we maintained a 24-hour
continued presence of a minimum of four people. We took turns observing the field,
keeping an eye on the equipment, and regularly recording data from an on-site
weather station set up by meteorologist and physicist, Dr. Terence Meaden.

During the course of the project we did not film a crop circle being made, although
several circles did appear in nearby locations. Additionally, a number of unusual
lights were seen in the night sky over the target field and photographs taken during
broad daylight revealed several mysterious objects on the photos when they were
developed. In the case of one of these, no objects were seen by the photographer at
the time the photo was taken (photo). This was eerily reminiscent of a photograph of
a crop circle taken by Busty Taylor in 1987 in a field near Cheesefoot Head.
Although Busty did not see anything unusual when he took the photograph, on
development it revealed two black objects which we named ‘ribbon darts’ (photo).
Was this object the source of the Cheesefoot Head sound?. The extraordinary
shape of the 'Ribbon Dart' if oscillating as the picture suggests, begins to suggest its
possible, especially as this weird 'thing' has shown up in other photos. We simply
don't know.

This report details the strange events that occurred to six of the participants on the
last night of the project when we encountered a mysterious force in the fields.

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:24 pm » by Captchaos

Image Taken by Michael Thomas also during White Crow. Not seen when the photo
was taken and thought likely a chemical mark during processing?ImageENLARGED
This light was seen by White Crow observers for several minutes. This photograph was taken on
high speed 35mm film by David Stuart. The light was also captured by one of the low light
cameras at frame Counter #14738 and again later at 22509. The latter was missed by observers

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:26 pm » by Captchaos

Eye Witness Accounts

The unusual events at White Crow occurred on the night of Saturday/Sunday 17-
18th June, 1989, when six people climbed up Cheesefoot Head hill and sat in a crop
circle at midnight. The majority of this report is derived from my own handwritten
notes, recorded directly after the events occurred. I have correlated my notes and
remembrances with the statements of other eye witnesses. Pat Delgado has
described the memorable parts of his experience here. His statement was written in
January of 2009 and is followed by his original notes from the 18th of June 1989.
Information was included from the notes of George Wingfield, also written directly
after the event, and from a report by Busty Taylor and Ron Jones written at my
request in January of 2009. More reports may be forthcoming from others who were

As any experienced detective will tell you, no two people see exactly the same thing
and there might be deeper reasons for that than meets the eye. There were six
people who experienced +/or witnessed most of the events that took place on the
night of the 18th of June. They were joined part way through events by three more
individuals. It’s by listening to what they perceived, saw and heard, as well as what
they didn’t see or hear, that makes the events of that night so fascinating. This is
clearly a wonderful case for a study into human consciousness.

If you read the actual reports in the above links you will notice distinct differences
between the experiences of different people. In some ways this goes beyond the
discrepancies expected in multiple accounts. You will notice that each person seems
to have focused on very specific parts of the events to the exclusion of other

I see striking comparisons between events at Cheesefoot Head with another multiple
eye witness UFO experience I participated in with Dr. Steven Greer.

Before we start unraveling the events at Cheesefoot Head, let’s look at a letter that
arrived the night before the project began. This anonymous letter was delivered to
me at my home in Andover, Hampshire, a letter that seemed to predict events to

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:35 pm » by Captchaos

Description of crop circles they investigated and visited
Colin Andrews hand written notes of the event
http://www.colinandrews.net/CheesefootH ... drews.html
Pat Delgados account of the events
http://www.colinandrews.net/CheesefootH ... ction.html
George Wingfields report on the events
http://www.colinandrews.net/CheesefootH ... eport.html

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:36 pm » by Captchaos

Anonymous Letters

The large brown envelope came double-folded on Friday the 16th and was post
marked ROCHDALE, ASHTON-O-LYNE, at 8.15 PM 14th June 1989. A 19 pence/first
class stamp was attached. The letter was address to C.P.R. Mr. Colin Andrews (left).

On the top left hand side of the envelope were the words: UTMOST URGENCY TO
READ - 1st Class. On the rear of the envelope: VERY URGENT INFORMATION RE:

Inside this envelope was a second much smaller one and written on the front: A

The letter consisted of two pages written in pencil as follows:
(Editor: Emphasis, etc., as written in the letter.)

1. Ring A Ring o Roses
A pocket full of posies
tishoo tishoo the CORN SAT DOWN.

It has been said that crows are black
one white you seek is that your track.
If no white has near been seen
why spend time for one pipe dream
If black they be that’s where be I
So simple flying in the sky.
Black on Black you cannot see
Although you climb the tallest tree
Your sight is set for yards apart
But crows fly high Now check your chart
Where I be is ALL around, Listen hard
You'll hear my sound
It seems you work from back to front
Looking for the cause of such
Find us first the next you'll know
All will be clear for rings to sow
In your hands you have the key
to talk to us we are so free
One soul is there, They have signed in
Who has the mind to link within
Your machines you have set up
what eve they cost is not enough
The human mind is what you need
To me you can't see wood fro trees
The chosen one you do know who

(Editor: Continued next page)

We left our mark at house of Jew.
Switch off my friends And listen do.
And - I will tell you what to do
Get this mind and sit around
In quiet of dark upon the ground
Listen hard for every sound
Not white of bird? but us around

To prove we are the ones who know
Which of you has hurt his toe?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -(Editor:underlined)

Like eternity they have no beginning they have no end.
Round and Round like atom chain.

Check your charts when you have time
Same patterns are in the sky.

The second letter is posted hear along w/ the first.
Last edited by Captchaos on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:53 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:38 pm » by Bettyboolean

What happened at Cheesefoot Head?

a bunch of hippies hired a caravan and made up some stuff

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:42 pm » by Captchaos

12.10 AM Sunday 18th June, 1989: The Strange Sound Encounter

On the last night of the surveillance operation more than half a dozen of us were
assembled in the White Crow caravan. We were all disappointed to be ending the
surveillance without having filmed a crop circle forming. We were discussing the
anonymous letter I had received when it was suggested that we walk up the hill to a
pair of crop circles that had appeared prior to the project and attempt some kind of
contact with the ‘circle makers’.

It took no more than ten minutes to arrive at the formation and we sat in the larger of
the two circles. My notes say that six of us were present: Busty Taylor, George
Wingfield, Steve Gould, Rita Gould, Pat Delgado and myself. This is collaborated by
George Wingfield’s and Busty Taylors notes. The six of us sat in a circle on a
blanket in the middle of the formation. From here on, people’s reports begin to

From my notes, we were only sitting for about three minutes when Pat felt an urge to
move to a spot near the NNW edge of the circle, which we did. From the outset it
seemed as if Rita and Pat were sensing similar things.

Rita suddenly exclaimed, “We have one missing, we can not go ahead.” Rita had
earlier dictated the number and composition required of the group to create the
conditions necessary to connect with the ‘circle makers’.

Pat replied, "A spirit person has arrived, I can feel it". With this he sprang to his feet
with his hands outstretched. “Oh God,” he said, “it’s so cold.” George reports that
Rita seemed to accept this as the needed seventh person.

The site weather station (left) recorded a dramatic temperature drop, confirmed by
Dr. Terence Meaden. This was not a regional or national change, but a local event.
Busty Taylors report states that the barometric pressure plummeted as well, which
was also confirmed by Dr. Meaden’s equipment. Neither was recorded by other
official weather monitoring stations in the area.

Pat complained that he was very cold, especially down the back of his neck, and I
asked him if he was okay as he seemed distressed. He replied, "Yes, I must go
through with this". Although clearly distressed he expressed determination to go
through with whatever was happening. He sat back down with his hands still out-
stretched in front of him. Rita Gould was slumped into the chest of her husband and
started shaking violently. At the same time Pat's hands also started shaking violently
even though his eyes were closed and he did not see Rita.

At this moment I heard a piercing sound coming from my left (South). It sounded like
a cricket was very close to my ear. I could not understand why the others did not
seem to react and why nobody, including me, was saying anything about the sound.
I wondered, “Is this just me that is hearing this?” As the sound continued it seemed
more like an electronic chirping sound and was very reminiscent of the sound I
heard when I was in a crop circle ring at Kimpton on June 30, 1987. (A report of this
can be read in Crop Circles - Signs of Contact).

George Wingfield reports that when he first heard the sound it seemed to come from
the middle of his own head. He states that, “although it was not loud in decibels, it
was pervasive”, also that it was impossible to ignore, unlike anything he had heard
before, had an insect-like quality and seemed to come initially from the direction of a
bush outside the circle. He say’s, “The effect of the sound was mesmerizing. I was
very conscious of a feeling of expansion inside my head, unlike a headache, but
nevertheless, uncomfortable.”

After the sound had been present for several minutes, Pat and Rita both stopped
shaking and broke the groups silence by asking if everybody else was able to hear
it. At that point everyone acknowledged that they could, in fact, hear it. Amazingly,
once acknowledged, the sound started to get louder and began to come towards the
southern boundary of the circle.

We stood staring out into the dark field in the direction we thought the sound was
coming from. For a few seconds I thought I could make out a fuzzy ball of luminance
on the surface of the crop. Rita said that she too saw something but described it as
a light colored head of what she thought was a short being in the plants.

As this was happening, two more of our team, Ken Smith and his friend Mike Scott,
arrived from the caravan, having walked up the side of the A272 highway. They
were followed ten minutes later by Ron Jones. Later all three told us that they could
hear the sound from the highway before they reached us. I noticed that as Ken and
Mike approached, the sound seemed to move further away and was less audible.
George reports in his notes that these three arrived much later in the course of

Rita was engaged in a dialogue with the sound, asking questions of it. When the
sound began to diminish as the additional people arrived, she exclaimed, “Please
come back, we want to have contact.”

George Wingfield then asked, “Will you make us a circle?” In fact, a circle with a ring
did form that night (left) about 500 yards from the place where this event was

All of the other observers stood still, wondering what was about to happen.
Suddenly, the sound returned, coming closer to us. Pat suggested we all move
close together, which we did. To him the sound seemed very close, and was all
around us. I sensed the direction of the sound was coming from the south and was
within a few feet of the circle, not more than six or seven feet. During the course of
events the sound moved in arc-like patterns around the group and George
describes a point at which it seemed to surround the perimeter of the circle. What
was clear to everyone was that the sound not only seemed to know we were there, it
was intelligently interacting with our thoughts, words and actions as it moved around

Rita and Pat beckoned to me to come forward feeling that I should “be walked”
towards the sound. I questioned if this was wise. They both said yes and held my
hands, Pat on my right, Rita on my left. They walked me slowly to the south, towards
the sound. When we reached the center of the circle they both simultaneously pulled
me back, telling me to stop there for a moment. The sound seemed to be playing
with us, backing away a little when we stopped, but still in the southern quadrant.
Rita and Pat then told me to walk to the edge of the circle. As I began to make my
way, Pat pulled me to the west-southwest sector instead and the sound moved to the
same location. George Wingfield makes no mention of these events describing
instead that everyone present moved to the edge of the circle simultaneously.

What happened next was odd and very significant to me. I remember it clearly
although my original notes do not refer to it. Pat and I stood in front of the sound
and with his right hand forming a cup Pat began a scooping motion above the tops
of the plants, as if filling his hands with something invisible which he then pushed
towards me. He made this scooping motion three or four times towards my heart,
then moved his hand towards my lower stomach. Pat later told me that it was totally
involuntary on his part and that the energy was being taken into my chakras. The
scooping had been carried out directly in front of the sound, as if we stood before an
invisible entity whose energy field was so great that the surrounding air was not
enough to insulate it from static discharge. As when I heard the sound at Kimpton, I
had the impression that at any moment something would materialize out of the
sound. George Wingfield also reported feeling something was about to happen, but
was stopped and the moment passed.

It is odd that my original notes written the next day make no reference at all to the
scooping sequence of events. I think it was simply too shocking for my body and
mind to process at that time.

Shortly after the scooping motion ended, Pat and I walked back to join the rest of the
group. Pat suddenly stopped and appeared to be physically pulled backwards at an
impossible angle which all of us saw. Any person or object leaning at that angle
would fall over, but he did not. Pat reports that he also levitated although no one
else witnessed this. Suddenly his face was overcome with fear and he reached out
both hands towards me and called for help. I immediately grabbed onto his hands.
We were both pulled towards the sound, Pat was backwards and I was facing him. I
made an extra big effort and pulled Pat free. George Wingfield’s report mentions
that he also helped Pat with these unseen forces.

Busty’s report states that after Pat called for help, “Colin got up and grabbed Pat's
shoulders and tried to stop him from falling on his back. Both of them seemed to
move backwards a little before Colin got his balance and started to push Pat up-
right, shouting that he had a job to hold him up and that something was pushing Pat
backwards and he could just about keep Pat on his feet.” I have no memory of ever
being behind Pat during this event.

After Pat broke free of the force, he suddenly said, "We should get out of here".
Rita agreed and the group left the circle at 1.45 AM with the sound still present, but
much quieter and about 150 yards away in the southern part of the field. We walked
back to the caravan but few of us remember the walk. When we arrived at the
caravan, Rita and Steve left almost immediately for home. Pat turned to me and
said, "You must now know Colin, from here on, it’s up to you." Then he left for

Not able to let things go, at around 3.30 AM, George Wingfield, Ron Jones and I
decided to go back up to the field to listen for the sound, this time in the safety of my
car. I had a tape recorder in the car. We were accompanied by Ken Smith, Ken's
daughter and Debbie her friend. We got out of my car and walked past the crop
circles towards a small grassy area on the edge of the field where we could indeed
still hear the sound and were able to record it. Although we continued to walk
towards the sound hoping for a better recording, it retreated, always keeping the
same distance from us. Ron Jones had his camera with him and decided to point his
camera towards the sound and take a photograph. The moment his flash lit up the
area, the sound immediately stopped but then slowing came back. I wonder now
what would have happened if we had been able to get closer. Would our equipment
have been destroyed, as happened one month later when the BBC encountered the
sound in a circle in Beckhampton near Silbury Hill?

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm » by Captchaos

link to the posting of sounds recorded.
http://www.colinandrews.net/CheesefootH ... lysis.html
A copy of this sound, along with a report, was sent to the highest levels in the British
Government. It was referred to in a document I posted in my article last month titled:
by the person involved to remove the document which I have done.

As dawn arrived we began dismantling the camera tower. We were nearly ready
to leave when a stranger, introducing himself as Mr. Budd, stopped in his car to
inform us of a new crop circle he had just spotted (above). A police officer also drove
by and confirmed the sighting. It was slightly over the hill to our east and about 450
meters (500 yards) from where we had been during the sound event. Five days later
another circle with a 'coma' tail appeared (left) very close, and in alignment with the
spot where Pat had scooped energy.

User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 6:54 pm » by Captchaos

By Ron Jones
February 14, 2009.

There was almost a full moon which bathed the field with light. It had also
become noticeably colder to the point that I felt it penetrating my bones.

I lifted my head slightly upwards and I was rooted to the spot by what I saw and
I will never forget it.

The Cirrus cloud was in the shape of the horns of Isis, smooth and perfect and
it ended stem point, this pointed towards me.

Estimated height 30,000-35,000ft. The size and length was extensive perhaps
many miles in length.

The Cirrus cloud was approximately 15-20% cover and the horn was a brilliant
white, caused by the reflection of the moonlight on the cloud. The moon was to
the right of the cloud.

I would have remained transfixed to this image but for the calling of my name by
those in the circle, I was beckoned into the circle by Colin.

Leaving the field I turned around to look back to the sky where I had first seen
the horn, I had to lift my head more upwardly to focus on it.

The right fork of the horn had become very long and wispy and moving
outwards to the right.

The left fork of the horn had also become very long and wispy and moving
outwards to the left also.

The stem section had now become very wispy in both directions, 30% left 70%
right ratio.


We made our way along the bridle path in the fading moonlight as the moon
was now nearing its final stages of setting, the audible trilling was still coming
out of the night.

Colin and George had walked about halfway when I felt an overwhelming urge
to put my body into a pentagon shape. I placed my arms at the two o'clock and
ten o'clock position and my right leg between 4 and 5 o'clock position and my
left leg between 7 and 8 o'clock position.

To me the trilling sound became very loud and at that moment there was a
crackling sound being discharged slightly behind me, the noise sounded like
thousands of crisp bags being crumpled all at once, I moved down that tramline
pretty quickly to join Colin and George.

Nearing the end of the field I pulled out a small camera with flashcube of four
that you click on top, I lifted the camera to my eye and pushed the shutter
immediately lit the area up with white light and the trilling stopped for some
10-30 seconds and started up again. Unfortunately this was the last flash bulb I
had on me. Was this just coincidence or a reaction from the unknown audible
sound I can only speculate on?


Precisely one week later I retired to bed feeling sleepy and I was in that state
where you are between consciousness and unconsciousness, suddenly the
trilling noise started up, the same as before but it was inside my bedroom.

I deliberately pinched and pulled the skin on my arms and hand to make
completely sure that I was not dreaming it and yes I was fully conscious and I
can assure you that I was.

I laid back on my bed and thought firmly to myself that all life is unique in the
universe and should not be violated or harmed physically or spiritually or in any
way. I then asked the universe to witness what was happening to me and I
asked for protection.

I decided to have no perception of what it was but I noted that it was with me, so
laying back on my bed I placed my mind in neutral response.

I felt myself being projected through the side of my house I instantly thought
that this is going to hurt and within the next moment I was back at the spot
beyond Cheesefoot Head where I had experienced the loud crackling noise
coming from behind me a week earlier.

I saw a series of horizontal bands of light cone shaped rotating and pulsating
up and down just above the standing crop.
The next thing that happened was that I found myself back in my bedroom and I
heard 3 distinct notes, first one high, second one low and third one medium -
from 1-10 would have been 10-1-5. I also experienced an overwhelming
peaceful feeling as I heard the three tones and this was also accompanied by
an overwhelming feeling of connection to the universe.

Ron Jones.

ImageNOTE: (CA) ABOVE: Because the top two thirds of the photo is over exposed and the lower third under exposed, I
have adjusted lighting and contrast levels to help see what information exists. The enlargement on the left is
using the grey scale, which shows a small ball of light where the vortex passes into or out of the cloud. On the
original color photograph this ball is light blue and white. Copyright: Terry Butcher 1991.

ID: 37e4d51b22be

PostWed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 am » by jetxvii




  • Related topics
    Last post