What if NEMESIS is a small Black Hole???

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: אין סוף אוֹר

PostFri Jan 14, 2011 10:40 pm » by Gisgangusur


Nemesis is most likely a red dwarf star, magnitude between 7 and 12. Virtually all such stars have been catalogued, but very few of them have had their distance measured. It is likely that Nemesis, if it exists, will be visible with binoculars or a small telescope.

We don't need a large telescope to find Nemesis. We need a small or medium telescope, and enough time to look at and analyze 3000 candidate stars. A series of images taken throughout the year should allow us to measure the large parallax of this star. We are also eliminating the stars measured by the Hipparcos satellite.

We began the search for Nemesis using the automated telescope at Leuschner Observatory. However this telescope was not designed for the heavy use it was receiving from this search and from our automated search for nearby supernova.

Fortunately, several all-sky surveys are underway that should find Nemesis in the next few years, if it is there, and rule out Nemesis if they don't. Nemesis could hide if it were a black hole!


Need feedback here guys!!! :flop:
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PostFri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm » by Shendao


gisgangusur wrote:
Nemesis is most likely a red dwarf star, magnitude between 7 and 12. Virtually all such stars have been catalogued, but very few of them have had their distance measured. It is likely that Nemesis, if it exists, will be visible with binoculars or a small telescope.

We don't need a large telescope to find Nemesis. We need a small or medium telescope, and enough time to look at and analyze 3000 candidate stars. A series of images taken throughout the year should allow us to measure the large parallax of this star. We are also eliminating the stars measured by the Hipparcos satellite.

We began the search for Nemesis using the automated telescope at Leuschner Observatory. However this telescope was not designed for the heavy use it was receiving from this search and from our automated search for nearby supernova.

Fortunately, several all-sky surveys are underway that should find Nemesis in the next few years, if it is there, and rule out Nemesis if they don't. Nemesis could hide if it were a black hole!


Need feedback here guys!!! :flop:


The 'official' current line of scientific thinking is that if it exists it is a brown dwarf not a red one. To this end they launched the WISE telescope which is cataloging brown dwarfs in the locale. Brown dwarfs have been, until now, pretty hard to scope.

If it was a black hole I guess we'd know pretty early on from the gravitational effects.
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: אין סוף אוֹר

PostFri Jan 14, 2011 10:52 pm » by Gisgangusur


shendao wrote:If it was a black hole I guess we'd know pretty early on from the gravitational effects.


Yeah man,but my research led me to some models theorizing the existence of very small BHs...

I assume you're relying on the fact that they would be spotted due to event's horizon created at oort's cloud,but they could be very weak on gravitational terms!

Remember that the intel broadcasted is mostly fucked up,a real mess.
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PostFri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 pm » by Shendao


gisgangusur wrote:Remember that the intel broadcasted is mostly fucked up,a real mess.


Agreed.

It could be a small black hole, I was trying to figure how small. If we can detect minute gravitational effects then even a small black hole should show I guess. Also, if we are going with Nibiru/Nemesis isnt there supposed to be planets circling the central object? If its a black hole wouldnt they have been pulled beyond the event horizon or are you hypothesising some kind of Lagrange point where they can exist?
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: אין סוף אוֹר

PostSat Jan 15, 2011 12:22 am » by Gisgangusur


shendao wrote:
gisgangusur wrote:Remember that the intel broadcasted is mostly fucked up,a real mess.


Agreed.

It could be a small black hole, I was trying to figure how small. If we can detect minute gravitational effects then even a small black hole should show I guess. Also, if we are going with Nibiru/Nemesis isnt there supposed to be planets circling the central object? If its a black hole wouldnt they have been pulled beyond the event horizon or are you hypothesising some kind of Lagrange point where they can exist?


Nothing so complex and fancy :D

I'm not assuming here the existence of planet like objects....

But could very well be a brown dwarf orbiting it,couldn't??

With any sort of exotic ellipse!! :flop:
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PostSat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 am » by Shendao


I am with the brown dwarf idea and exotic orbit, it would account for the disturbance of the Oort cloud over long intervals of time and being a brown dwarf, its well hidden. Hopefully WISE can hunt it down.
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: אין סוף אוֹר

PostSat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 am » by Gisgangusur


They would be dancing instead :sunny:
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: אין סוף אוֹר

PostSat Jan 15, 2011 12:26 am » by Gisgangusur


shendao wrote:I am with the brown dwarf idea and exotic orbit, it would account for the disturbance of the Oort cloud over long intervals of time and being a brown dwarf, its well hidden. Hopefully WISE can hunt it down.

:cheers:
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."



  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook