What If the National Debt Were Your Debt?

Initiate

PostTue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 pm » by Truthseekerx

What If the National Debt Were Your Debt?

[youtube]R0LOXUEsBlI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Writer

PostTue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm » by Fuzzy0087

If the national debt were my debt and I had the income and expenses that the United States has I would pay it off real quick just like i'm doing with my debt now. The fact is the US government has no sense of what a BUDGET is. Most the people who work in the higher areas of our government have never made minimum wage and can't figure out the basic concept of debt management.

Super Moderator

PostTue Mar 27, 2012 10:18 pm » by domdabears

What if it was my debt? I better have an awful lot laying around my house to show for it. Not to mention the biggest house in the world.

Other wise it would be like that old movie, Brewster's Millions.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 6:32 am » by Iwanci

NEWSFLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NATIONAL DEBT IS YOUR DEBT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the reason YOU should be seriously looking into YOUR governments expenditures... sure they give you some concessions, but its YOUR money they are giving YOU, and where it is borrowed, YOU will be paying it back. Governments are typically less efficient money managers because there is this very conception that 'it is not my money' and NO accountability. It is up to YOU (and me) to hold them accountable and NOT support waste.

Don't believe me??? Imagine this scenario.... a plague hits your country and everyone dies except for you... You are the sole survivor... who's debt is it now?

Think about it..........
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:05 am » by Spock

Excellent explanation.

It is time to trim the fat, and as in every household, we need to decide what must to go and what is needed to survive.

The frills must go. Movie night out, exorbitant dining, cable television, unnecessary trips, frivolous spending.

Then there are the things that each household must have. Shelter, basic utilities, groceries, health care, fuel, reliable transportation. These are BASIC necessities and should be what are taxes go into insuring for us.

Did you notice I put health care in the mandatory list.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 pm » by Flecktarn

as tax payers they our our debts ,sucks don't it we have no real say about how the money is wasted or given away ,
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 am » by Iwanci

Governments are established to represent the wishes of the majority of the people. Without a government we would have everyone pushing their own ‘inward’ focused agendas and anarchy would result. We vote for governments to do ‘our’ bidding. Government expenditure and the control of our collective wealth is one of the things the governments do on ‘our’ behalf.... that was my utopian statement for the day because the sad reality is that the people we elect often conceal their true motives. If the ‘most popular’ representative or party is elected, meaning that the majority of the people are ‘for’ it, why is it that governments always fail to deliver and are always replaced? What happens between the time they are being voted in and the first term of government that gets people so riled up that they more than often go against the people they voted for? (Rhetorical questions).

I believe that people (us) want to be suckered. We have become a lazy people, we want to be sold a utopian vision, and we like hearing from our leaders that ‘everything is great’ and ‘we will fix everything, trust us’. When is the last time a ‘realist’ was voted into government? A person with the fortitude to stand up (regardless of political outcome) and say ‘everything is NOT alright, and it is going to be tough to fix and many sacrifices will need to be made”? When is the last time that one political party acknowledged any great ideas from the opposing party and strived to work together, combining the parties best resources to solve problems rather than downgrading each other’s efforts for political point scoring?

YOU (and I) have the power to change our leaders and in doing so alter the socio economic course of our countries, to make accurate assessments of the true economical conditions we need FACTS and we need to hear about the risks of NOT acting on issues, no matter how delicate. Instead, we glue our eyes to the TV screens hoping to be sold some vitriolic vision which, deep inside, we know to be both unachievable and unrealistic, we know that one day we will all pay the price and we chose to ignore all that we know to be true, and instead place all our trust in someone else, hoping that they know better than we do. The reality my friends is that our leaders DO NOT KNOW better that we do, our leaders are just the same as we are, and in a bid to accommodate the majority vote they do what people do best, they ignore the reality and sell dreams.

You want change??? Demand truth in politics, you must see the good, the bad and the ugly.
How do you judge or what do you look for in voting? Best presented, best dressed, greatest vocabulary, god fearing, greatest religious belief, family man, wealthy background, best dreamer, the optimist, the greatest story teller, presentation skills, highest education...etc etc. All great qualities no doubt, but where in all of this does the general populace benefit.

You want change in government? Stop being superficial, stop looking to apportion blame, stop demanding comfort statements.. and start demanding FACTS.

Real change will never occur until we start voting ‘real’ people into government, people who are not afraid to speak their mind, people who are fallible, people with human emotion (happiness, sadness, strength and weakness) and not the drones and robotic officials that currently occupy the seats which we pay for.

The power is in YOUR hands, get informed and make your votes count! Hold the candidates accountable, demand to see the ‘real’ candidate and not the cardboard pre-scripted manikins they present us. The people in our governments should be walking the streets and living in our world, not on their own little planets.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 5:26 am » by Tgwusauk

iwanci wrote:NEWSFLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NATIONAL DEBT IS [b]YOUR DEBT [/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the reason YOU should be seriously looking into YOUR governments expenditures... sure they give you some concessions, but its YOUR money they are giving YOU, and where it is borrowed, YOU will be paying it back. Governments are typically less efficient money managers because there is this very conception that 'it is not my money' and NO accountability. It is up to YOU (and me) to hold them accountable and NOT support waste.

Don't believe me??? Imagine this scenario.... a plague hits your country and everyone dies except for you... You are the sole survivor... who's debt is it now?

Think about it..........

No it is not our debt at all, we the people did not choose to give uk and european banks 45 Trillion in the last 3.5 years, we did not choose to bailout Morgan chase, Goldman Sachs and all the other shitbag banks, we did not choose to award CEO multi million dollar bonuses out of our money, we did not choose to give Obama 2 Billion in his Vatican account alone, or Romney $900M, or Cheney multi millions in bogus contracts for Haliburton, we did not choose to give over 50% of our income taxes to the city of London/Crown, so I will repeat again it is not OUR debt.

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 5:40 am » by Iwanci

tgwusauk... I beg to differ mate...

YOU the people who voted for YOUR government have handed the elected represntitives of your country (your government) the authority to do precisely what they have done... Even if YOU personally did not vote for the current administration, the majority of your countrymen (and women) did. YOUR government speaks for YOU the people...

YES you have chosen all the things that your governmeny has/is doing.

People do not understand the importance of elections, when governments are voted in they act on your behalf (like it or not) and this is why WE need to be more careful and demanding about who we elect.

A vote is the handing over of your right to make decisions to someone else on your behalf.

Sorry my friend but the only way to stop your government making decisions on your behalf that you do not agree with, it to vote for someone you do agree with and hope that the majority of your countrymen/women do the same.

:flop:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 5:55 am » by Tgwusauk

Iwanci, I respect your post but would suggest you research Diebold and then come back and tell me we the people "voted" the current rabble in, because we never, Obama was "chosen" 9 years ago for the future president, the man is not even an American Citizen.
Tony Blair is another one who was chosen, he was an MI5 operative and was outed by Michael Shayler who worked with him.
UK and USA elections are a complete sham and have been for at least 40 years, so voting is not the most important thing as you put it, as neither countries people have any say in who wons the election, the best thing people can do is to boycott UK and USA elections then tptb have a big problem.
By the way unless the situation currently going on behind the scenes tilts in the peoples favour (and is currently) then the next US president is Romney, that was decided last year, they may push him out depending on situations and install Hitlery Clinton instead.

Next