What if you're wrong?

Initiate

PostMon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 am » by Abdul14

Upload to Disclose.tv

featuring Richard Dawkins lecture in Lynchburg. Watch the full lecture here http://fora.tv/2006/10/23/Richard_Dawkins
When you buy halal products, you are financing inhumaely slaughter and torture of animals

Initiate

PostMon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm » by Debunkerace

abdul14 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

featuring Richard Dawkins lecture in Lynchburg. Watch the full lecture here http://fora.tv/2006/10/23/Richard_Dawkins

Exactly! :clapper:
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Initiate

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 am » by Malkere

a jerk dodges a question, no applause here.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:25 am » by Constabul

malkere wrote:a jerk dodges a question, no applause here.

I don't think it is as much as dodging a question, but applying the same logic to the questioners stance. I believe he did answer it, we could all be wrong.

Initiate

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:55 am » by Malkere

I agree with that. Claiming to know everything, or even most everything would be a debilitating stance to take, but the question wasn't difficult and he turned it into "what if you're wrong about the great joo joo at the bottom of the sea."

I just posted a video in another thread that had a 90% Christian audience, so every time anyone says anything about the bible everyone cheers and women throw their bras on the stage; this is clearly the opposite, an atheist forum with their demigod of a speaker, he could throw a half licked lollipop into the crowd and some two would get in a fight over it.

Nothing wrong with the question, or reversing the logic of it, but you don't have to make fun of the girl just because the rest of the audience will cheer if you do. We all know Richard Dawkins is far more intelligent than is required to answer the question seriously.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 10:22 am » by Wolfbane7272

i think only dead people have the real answer , to claim to know otherwise is arrogant and foolhardy on both sides of the debate. but we do like to speculate

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 12:11 pm » by SamueltheLion

constabul wrote:
malkere wrote:a jerk dodges a question, no applause here.

I don't think it is as much as dodging a question, but applying the same logic to the questioners stance. I believe he did answer it, we could all be wrong.

well it seems to me to be: if atheists are wrong, they will not find the hope and faith to live a truly meaningful life and contribute to civilization, true and pure atheism, the belief in no divinity at all, the reign of oligarchs and morality, humanism, worshipping itself, might lead to its own destruction. the problem is: which laws are immutable and human RIGHTS?

after all, what is wrong with killing, what is truly wrong with usury pedophilia, hatred, violence and murder, if there is no god? if we are NOT divine beings: souls having a spiritual experience? where is the strong shield barring the kinds of things that happened in stalinist russia and maoist china? i.e communism?

if christians are wrong: maybe they are standing idly by whilst satanists fulfill a prophecy which has already come to pass, manually. i.e the script of the book of revelations.
or even contributing to bring it on. for the most part, i believe, if they are wrong, then they are still spreading a message of hope.

???

:cheers:
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm » by Kkris

abdul14 wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

So Dorkins fails to answer the question put to him. Again.
Maybe the answer is just toooo uncomfortable for him to consider....

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 pm » by Tinman4higher

samuelthemule wrote:
after all, what is wrong with killing, what is truly wrong with usury pedophilia, hatred, violence and murder, if there is no god?

So the only thing stopping you from raping young boys is the fear of punishment when you are dead.
You have no morals.
Nice message of hope.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Super Moderator

PostTue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm » by Slith

tinman4higher wrote:
samuelthemule wrote:
after all, what is wrong with killing, what is truly wrong with usury pedophilia, hatred, violence and murder, if there is no god?

So the only thing stopping you from raping young boys is the fear of punishment when you are dead.
You have no morals.
Nice message of hope.

Zing!

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Next