What in this world is this?

Initiate

PostFri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm » by Astrodicted

Reflection of the sun? :bang;

Writer

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 12:39 am » by Notgeoffrey

Certainly has the appearance of ballons to me too.

Writer

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 am » by Seemorebetter

posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=1666# I do not know but maybe
Balloons tied together Great photo's ...thanks for the post.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 am » by grev

i found a youtube video of a ufo that looks very similar to that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMz8osnNXY
it starts at 2:01

very impressive i've never seen anything like it.
The bigger, the brighter, the illuminated
Controls the audience

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 am » by Scratch

Looks like inflated cellophane to me.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 2:24 pm » by Blackbarbie

woah now that is something weird is it not??
It almost looks as if its got a head aswell has anyone noticed?
Also i dont think it could be balloons as From the foirst image its in a sort of x angle with what i apear to be a head then on te second image its changed completly as the 'arms' are bot scooped under as apose to the first image when they are oposite ways. This could just be wind but how do u explain balls of ligt at particular corners of the 'ufo' as if they wer balloons would they not just all glow from the sun??

i definitely think its something extraordinaryy :mrgreen:

Barbie =] xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 3:09 pm » by Alexrubic

Four helium-filled crescent-moon-shaped foil balloons tied together at their 'points'. They get loose from their 'owner' and ascend skyward. As the atmospheric pressure decreases with altitude the 'lighter', less dense helium gas expands in volume and very slowly leaks out of the balloons causing them to become a little saggy and wrinkled. The wind and air-currents buffet the balloons about giving the impression of altering shapes and configurations and the slightly deflated balloons are also prone to altering their individual shape. This movement also means that the sun is reflected from different points on the balloons as they shift position and shape. No mystery. No UFO. An IFO!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Initiate

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 9:12 pm » by Blackbarbie

alexrubic wrote:Four helium-filled crescent-moon-shaped foil balloons tied together at their 'points'. They get loose from their 'owner' and ascend skyward. As the atmospheric pressure decreases with altitude the 'lighter', less dense helium gas expands in volume and very slowly leaks out of the balloons causing them to become a little saggy and wrinkled. The wind and air-currents buffet the balloons about giving the impression of altering shapes and configurations and the slightly deflated balloons are also prone to altering their individual shape. This movement also means that the sun is reflected from different points on the balloons as they shift position and shape. No mystery. No UFO. An IFO!

How do you know that happened? was you the 'owner'? :lol:

Still think its something weird dont think its balloons though, thats all we ever put it down to and to be honest how many of us have actually seen balloons in the sky? (dont all jump up and say you have lol)

Barbie =] xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Initiate

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 9:25 pm » by Alexrubic

blackbarbie wrote:
alexrubic wrote:Four helium-filled crescent-moon-shaped foil balloons tied together at their 'points'. They get loose from their 'owner' and ascend skyward. As the atmospheric pressure decreases with altitude the 'lighter', less dense helium gas expands in volume and very slowly leaks out of the balloons causing them to become a little saggy and wrinkled. The wind and air-currents buffet the balloons about giving the impression of altering shapes and configurations and the slightly deflated balloons are also prone to altering their individual shape. This movement also means that the sun is reflected from different points on the balloons as they shift position and shape. No mystery. No UFO. An IFO!

How do you know that happened? was you the 'owner'? :lol:

Still think its something weird dont think its balloons though, thats all we ever put it down to and to be honest how many of us have actually seen balloons in the sky? (dont all jump up and say you have lol)

Barbie =] xx

Yes! I do it for the chuckles and to see how many gullible people I can fool into believing it is an alien craft!

But seriously, it is just common sense and being able to recognise the obvious when you see it. Having a three-figure IQ helps too!

And yes, I have seen balloons like this - a number of times.

I even had a hand in designing and making a dragon out of plastic (I worked for a company that fabricated industrial products out of various plastics) that was inflated with helium and, itself, was filled with smaller helium-filled balloons.

It was connected to tethers that we used to hold onto it as we 'it' paraded down the street as part of a local carnival.

At the end of the day we released it and watched it float high into the sky. We assumed a great many people would see it and wonder what the hell was buzzing the English skies!

I imagine, at some point and after reaching a high enough altitude, the expanding helium gas would rupture the plastic 'envelope' of the dragon and the smaller balloons would float free before, themselves, bursting at high altitude or losing sufficient helium to leaks to float back to earth in a partially deflated state.

I can imagine the headlines if this had been witnessed: 'Bizarre morphing UFO mother-ship releases dozens of scout-ships'!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Writer

PostSat Jan 31, 2009 9:41 pm » by Concerned

that is one hell of a weird object. Excellent photos

PreviousNext