PostWed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 am » by yoursoulmate

telocvovim wrote:evr questioned that???

what are the roots of fear...??

are they real..???

watch this and go in meditation....

http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/fof.php

watched the whole thing :lol:
that scene creeped me out a bit

..but to be really afraid... I have watched too many horror movies..alone ..in the dark :twisted:

rizze wrote:
http://www.yapfiles.ru/files/70400/taxe.swf

Good night, and sleep tight.

try this one :mrgreen:
http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/tetka.swf

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 am » by Svaha

harbin wrote:
svaha wrote:The root of fear is imaginary.
The body knows no fear, the ego is fear.

Please elaborate. I see that what is feared may be imaginary.
Your saying the ego is what is gets afraid ? Or the ego is the the fear unto itself ?
:think:

When a child is born the ego is not yet born, a baby does not know that it is separated from the mother, has no sense of 'I am', is connected. But that changes soon.
I don't know how to put this in English, but it is like a sheet of paper (all connected) and then you tear of a piece (no longer connected) with the only difference that the ego 'thinks' it is separated from self, only thinks it is born.
And because it thinks it is born, it also thinks it will die, so an ever growing need to control, to keep things as they are.

Fear is linked to pain, expands into fear for fear for pain.
This is in fact virtual pain, thinking pain, but the ego controls the signals to / from the body, overrules the heart, and that's why 'we' damage ourselves from the inside, break our hearts, induce sickness.

When 'you' go through your fear for the fear for the pain, you will experience that the pain itself is not that big. When you go through the pain, you will come into joy. When you go through joy, you become neutral, free to choose. That's one core belief less.

A martial art practitioner that has gone beyond the physical exercises, that has found peace in his/her self will tell you the same (my opinion). A body that is not blocked by the ego thinking is 100% efficient, knows no fear.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 am » by Harbin

When a person fears, does not the person grow to hate that which is feared ?
Can all hate be traced back to a fear ?
And if the fear found baseless, then what of the hate ?

I used to hate that a haiku needed to be in a 5-7-5 format, seemed too restrictive.
Then I found that it does not have to be in said format, that was the opinion of one teacher with a narrow view, problem solved.

However, an Haiku and a Koan are still different things.

:wink:
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:18 am » by Harbin

svaha wrote:
harbin wrote:
svaha wrote:The root of fear is imaginary.
The body knows no fear, the ego is fear.

Please elaborate. I see that what is feared may be imaginary.
Your saying the ego is what is gets afraid ? Or the ego is the the fear unto itself ?
:think:

When a child is born the ego is not yet born, a baby does not know that it is separated from the mother, has no sense of 'I am', is connected. But that changes soon.
I don't know how to put this in English, but it is like a sheet of paper (all connected) and then you tear of a piece (no longer connected) with the only difference that the ego 'thinks' it is separated from self, only thinks it is born.
And because it thinks it is born, it also thinks it will die, so an ever growing need to control, to keep things as they are.

Fear is linked to pain, expands into fear for fear for pain.
This is in fact virtual pain, thinking pain, but the ego controls the signals to / from the body, overrules the heart, and that's why 'we' damage ourselves from the inside, break our hearts, induce sickness.

When 'you' go through your fear for the fear for the pain, you will experience that the pain itself is not that big. When you go through the pain, you will come into joy. When you go through joy, you become neutral, free to choose. That's one core belief less.

A martial art practitioner that has gone beyond the physical exercises, that has found peace in his/her self will tell you the same (my opinion). A body that is not blocked by the ego thinking is 100% efficient, knows no fear.

That is a lucid answer ! Thank you man.
:cheers:
Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 am » by Fleshstorm87

F.e.a.r. to me, ...is an X-box 360 game that I loved...until it froze up and I wasnt able to complete it... :hell:
Kill yourself......begin again............

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 am » by Alwaysincontrol

That which holds us back and prevents us from accomplishing and becoming anything we wish. Also one of the most misused, misguided emotions. We often use it when we shouldnt and dont when we should.
"It is done, now my eggs need nourishment" - Anna

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 am » by Harbin

alwaysincontrol wrote:That which holds us back and prevents us from accomplishing and becoming anything we wish. Also one of the most misused, misguided emotions. We often use it when we shouldnt and dont when we should.

What causes this misuse ?
Is it our cultural memes, fed to us through society,[school, media] ?
Is it something innate ?... Are humans dumb ?
Antiwar.com

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 7:24 am » by Lowsix

that was damn funny.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 am » by -Marduk-

Fear.....fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 10:21 am » by Svaha

drabbit wrote:@svaha
OK LETS PRETEND...
you are in the forest just walking along tra la la la skipping along picking flowers...
all of a sudden a giant grizzly bear is there it has cubs she's pissed off
shes coming for you!

what do you do?

{A} run like a muther Fer... because holy crap you feel FEAR!
{B} stay calm cause you know fear is just an ego thing and the giant grizzly bear will not eat you. you make friends with it tell it to let go of its ego and then have a picnic.
{C} get on the ground in the fetal position and cry like a little baby

I see, I kept you busy for a while here :D

Just like the eye does not see but the (ego)mind, so it is with fear. You EXPERIENCE the result in the body because the mind controls the body.
The difference is that in one case you let your ego rule (thinking / emotions, head / belly ) and in the other case your heart.
The heart is more then just a pump, it has a mind of its own (brain cells), is non dualistic, knows no fear.

In what you write above, if you are an ego person, you will freeze, the bear will get bigger and bigger, you will get smaller and smaller, your fear will grow to such an extent that the bear has no other choice then to eat you.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

PreviousNext