What IS Fear??

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 am » by Hesop

The body has separate responses for self preservation. Just as a bear has to protect it's territory or cubs. That should not be in the same category as fear, because it is similar to flinching when something passes quickly near the eye.
Fear, can be a response in the brain, to misplaced values and beliefs that become threatened.

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 am » by -Marduk-

svaha wrote:
Just like the eye does not see but the (ego)mind, so it is with fear. You EXPERIENCE the result in the body because the mind controls the body.
The difference is that in one case you let your ego rule (thinking / emotions, head / belly ) and in the other case your heart.
The heart is more then just a pump, it has a mind of its own (brain cells), is non dualistic, knows no fear.

...because they forgotten ze intructions...how to live on earth..eheh :twisted:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Hey Svaha, ure Avatar always reminds me of Red Crow...goedemorgen vriend :flop:

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 am » by 528hz

Fear is a survival tool. strip the brain back to it's most primative form and fear is still there. fear and intuition would have been the most primative survival tools imo.

Fear is still a survival tool to this day. i hear a lot of people say that people fear what they don't know/understand. that would hold true for some people i would imagine. but i find it quite the opposite tbh. most of us here tend to know more than the "sheeple" yet we fear what is coming and try and research things to expose them "forwarned is forarmed"

Fear will stop you becoming complacent. that is a good thing.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am » by Svaha

harbin wrote:When a person fears, does not the person grow to hate that which is feared ?
Can all hate be traced back to a fear ?
And if the fear found baseless, then what of the hate ?

I used to hate that a haiku needed to be in a 5-7-5 format, seemed too restrictive.
Then I found that it does not have to be in said format, that was the opinion of one teacher with a narrow view, problem solved.

However, an Haiku and a Koan are still different things.

:wink:

It can grow into hate, just as it can grow into another intense emotion that has access to the archetypes / reptilian brain.
It depends on what side it is, in your light side or your dark side, it depends on the strategies that you developed to get what you want, your core concepts, core beliefs, core convictions and bla bla bla...

In the light: The deepest fear (fear that is attached at the deepest level of your fear mountain) is that for being great, standing in your power. So whenever you want to change for good, this wall of fear rises in front of you, its the interpretation of your past, of all the times you failed.

In the dark: The deepest fear is that of separation / death / being nothing. So whenever you are 'hit' here you want to defend yourself.

That's how you destroy yourself and become a sick/death person. Every core conviction will generate more and more convictions, so when you are 'old' you live in a very small world.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 pm » by Svaha

hesop wrote:The body has separate responses for self preservation. Just as a bear has to protect it's territory or cubs. That should not be in the same category as fear, because it is similar to flinching when something passes quickly near the eye.
Fear, can be a response in the brain, to misplaced values and beliefs that become threatened.

Yes, I call that instincts.
In 'modern' man instincts are covered with a layer of fear, fear for non existent dangers.
Fear is contraction, less choices, narrowing the mind.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:07 pm » by Svaha

marduk2012 wrote:
svaha wrote:
Just like the eye does not see but the (ego)mind, so it is with fear. You EXPERIENCE the result in the body because the mind controls the body.
The difference is that in one case you let your ego rule (thinking / emotions, head / belly ) and in the other case your heart.
The heart is more then just a pump, it has a mind of its own (brain cells), is non dualistic, knows no fear.

...because they forgotten ze intructions...how to live on earth..eheh :twisted:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Hey Svaha, ure Avatar always reminds me of Red Crow...goedemorgen vriend :flop:

Haha dank je en goede morgen. :flop:

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm » by Johnsmith

FEAR - Future Events Appearing Real

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 4:19 pm » by Drjones

To answer the question i believe Fear is.

Not trusting your intuition.Society is structure to keep you distracted from your connection to all that is...

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 4:49 pm » by Wmacy1028

Fear is one of the two and only two natural and existing emotions.

Love is one
Fear is another..

All emotions that the human psyche goes thru is based off of one of these two..
-={Open Your Eyes! Open Your Ears! WAKE UP!!}=-

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:22 pm » by Boondox681

What IS Fear

fear is the opposite of love
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

PreviousNext