What is going on with the Moon?

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm » by Rydher

tuor10 wrote:I intend to invest in a telescope this year. I saw one the other day for around 150 pounds, that looks like it would be a good purchase for a novice such as myself. I find myself - more and more - looking up into the heavens and wondering.

I'm planning in getting something myself. I could spend all night just looking up into space. I'm just the kind of person that needs to have really good equipment and not really knowing anything about the subject. It's going to take some time for me to settle on to what I want.

In the meantime, I've seriously been considering having a membership at this site. http://www.itelescope.net/ $20 or so a month and it allows you to take video and pictures.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm » by Tuor10

niji666 wrote:I live in the UK and we have had a few clear nights lately (for a change)

I purchased a new telescope a while back and managed to get some great moon viewing time this week and TBH didn't notice anything unusual apart from a strange orange glow. I have since learned the orange glow is from high methane levels (i put this down to the Mrs digestive system been off) but apart from that not noticed anything really?

:cheers:

I need to learn more about its cycles.

It's funny; it has been there all my life, and it has just recently struck me how wonderful the thing is; its contribution to our existence. It almost seems to perfect; like it was designed and put there for a specific function.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 6:48 pm » by Frutty

tuor10 wrote:
frutty wrote:Excerpt from page from the book I shared above

As you can see we are less than clueless about what is really going on on the moon.

:mrgreen:

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I must admit, my knowledge of the moon isn't that great; but I do recognise trends in its cycle; and from my little observations, there certainly seems to be a change in its normal routine.

I intend to invest in a telescope this year. I saw one the other day for around 150 pounds, that looks like it would be a good purchase for a novice such as myself. I find myself - more and more - looking up into the heavens and wondering.

np tuor. Let's keep on researching I am thinking of buying a celestron myself.

The current literature on the Moon is not reliable. And space travel to the Moon is a long long time ahead. Let's see what we can find ourselves in our lifetime.

ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm » by Tuor10

rydher wrote:
tuor10 wrote:I intend to invest in a telescope this year. I saw one the other day for around 150 pounds, that looks like it would be a good purchase for a novice such as myself. I find myself - more and more - looking up into the heavens and wondering.

I'm planning in getting something myself. I could spend all night just looking up into space. I'm just the kind of person that needs to have really good equipment and not really knowing anything about the subject. It's going to take some time for me to settle on to what I want.

In the meantime, I've seriously been considering having a membership at this site. http://www.itelescope.net/ $20 or so a month and it allows you to take video and pictures.

Nice, my friend. I too sit in my garden just looking up. My misses thinks I am mad; but it gives me a nice feeling just gazing into the stars and imagining the wonders that exist out there.

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 6:58 pm » by Tuor10

frutty wrote:
tuor10 wrote:
frutty wrote:Excerpt from page from the book I shared above

As you can see we are less than clueless about what is really going on on the moon.

:mrgreen:

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I must admit, my knowledge of the moon isn't that great; but I do recognise trends in its cycle; and from my little observations, there certainly seems to be a change in its normal routine.

I intend to invest in a telescope this year. I saw one the other day for around 150 pounds, that looks like it would be a good purchase for a novice such as myself. I find myself - more and more - looking up into the heavens and wondering.

np tuor. Let's keep on researching I am thinking of buying a celestron myself.

The current literature on the Moon is not reliable. And space travel to the Moon is a long long time ahead. Let's see what we can find ourselves in our lifetime.

I have a new job now that will allow me more time to indulge my interest in astronomy etc.

It is great obtaining second hand knowledge; but there is nothing like obtaining knowledge through your own empirical hard work.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm » by Drjones

Great discussions guys, many thanks. One comments that resonated strongly with me was;
''I must admit, my knowledge of the moon isn't that great; but I do recognise trends in its cycle; and from my little observations, there certainly seems to be a change in its normal routine.''
- Definetely mate, now that i am 'onto this' and we have a clear night tonight, just ridiculously cold, i will dig out 'the world's most powerful binoculars' and have a closer look at the moon, although i don't think a physical anomaly is occuring with the moon, this is more of a movement thing and also more importantly as was said earlier it's something to do with the sun, i'm really feeling strongly this is NOTHING to do with the moon, in fact this is all about what the sun is doing... very interesting times folks. :think: :cheers:

''It's funny; it has been there all my life, and it has just recently struck me how wonderful the thing is; its contribution to our existence. It almost seems to perfect; like it was designed and put there for a specific function.''
- Evidence of a creator if ever there was one ? I think so. And that's not to mention the scientific baffling, physics defying way the bumblebee flies or the amazing metabolism of the hummingbird etc etc etc people say often they need proof of a creator, i mean LOL...
:D god bless..

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 pm » by Savwafair2012

Yes Yes I noticed it last week and even tossed up a quick post about it.

Upload to Disclose.tv

glad someone else said something

:clapper:
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Conspirator

PostMon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 pm » by Tuor10

drjones wrote:Great discussions guys, many thanks. One comments that resonated strongly with me was;
''I must admit, my knowledge of the moon isn't that great; but I do recognise trends in its cycle; and from my little observations, there certainly seems to be a change in its normal routine.''
- Definetely mate, now that i am 'onto this' and we have a clear night tonight, just ridiculously cold, i will dig out 'the world's most powerful binoculars' and have a closer look at the moon, although i don't think a physical anomaly is occuring with the moon, this is more of a movement thing and also more importantly as was said earlier it's something to do with the sun, i'm really feeling strongly this is NOTHING to do with the moon, in fact this is all about what the sun is doing... very interesting times folks. :think: :cheers:

''It's funny; it has been there all my life, and it has just recently struck me how wonderful the thing is; its contribution to our existence. It almost seems to perfect; like it was designed and put there for a specific function.''
- Evidence of a creator if ever there was one ? I think so. And that's not to mention the scientific baffling, physics defying way the bumblebee flies or the amazing metabolism of the hummingbird etc etc etc people say often they need proof of a creator, i mean LOL...
:D god bless..

There is something truly spectacular about the dynamics of our existence.

Writer

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 am » by Dannydix

And has anyone noticed that the moon is slowly revolving clockwise? Am I going crazy or what? Look at the crater positions from evening to evening. When I take the dog out for a pee late each night, it looks different. Maybe I was asleep in class the lesson when they said the moon rotates? Same face as always, but sometimes its almost upside down. Anyone have an explanation?
And before you ask:

1/. I didn't trip over
2/. Not drunk
3/. I'm not.....well ok...I'm a wee bit stupid. :owned:

Previous