What is Love?

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm » by Noentry

All at sea: Lovelorn yachtsman sails solo for seven months to propose to girl who hates him

Now the 38-year-old Turk is awaiting deportation after being arrested by customs officers off Devon with no passport or visa.

A lovestruck yachtsman sailed 2,500 miles to be reunited with the beautiful British waitress who stole his heart.

But romeo Ramazan Culum’s amazing seven-month solo voyage was well and truly scuppered.

The 38-year-old Turk is awaiting deportation after being arrested by customs officers off Devon with no passport or visa.

And there was even worse news – as it was revealed the girl of his dreams wants nothing to do with him.

Smitten Ramazan was on a scuba diving holiday in Cyprus seven years ago when he fell under the spell of a girl he knew as Courtney Murray after she briefly served him in a restaurant.

She returned to Britain but Ramazan launched an obsessive quest to find her – and finally spotted her on Facebook last year.

It is not known where in Britain she lives, or even if Courtney Murray is her real name.

But Ramazan, a former CEO of a mobile phone games firm, began a blog called “Hunger Strike For Courtney Murray”.

He set sail for Britain from Bodrum, near the Turkish city of Kos, on Monday, April 23.

During the perilous voyage he updated his blog saying: “Courtney I come. I’m still on the water. Pray for me.

“I love you too much. The world is not beautiful without you. I don’t want to continue to live without you. Will you marry me?”

Ramazan, from Istanbul, ran out of food and battled storms as he crossed the Adriatic and Mediterranean before winding up in the Channel.

He posted pictures of himself with a wild beard claiming he was “ready to die” to reach Britain.

At one stage he raged in his blog: “You stupid girl, you didn’t understand even why I come to the UK?

"I will come there, I will kneel in front of you, kiss your hands and propose.

“You can marry me or imprison me – it’s yours to decide, angel of my life.”

During his trip Courtney’s friends and family begged him to abandon the madcap venture.

Courtney’s aunt Flo warned: “She has never and never will have a relationship with you.

“If you ever make it to the UK and make contact with Courtney the police will be informed immediately.

“She is happily married. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself and upsetting Courtney and her family.”

One of Courtney’s friends wrote: “All you are is a fruitcake stalker. It’s simple as that, mate.

"So either go home or drown. Get it – you ain’t welcome.”

The friend claimed Ramazan had been deported back to Turkey after showing up with a knife at the restaurant where Courtney worked and threatening to “take her”.

Ramazan, whose 16ft yacht Ninova was intercepted by the crew of HMC Valiant as he sailed towards Plymouth on Friday night, is being held at a detention centre in Sussex.

A Border Agency spokesman confirmed: “He will now be removed to his home country.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ra ... an-1448165

Love is temporary chemical reaction.

:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Initiate

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm » by Ishumble

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 9:26 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Still wondering about love are we?

We were born with a need of love; love was in a touch. And we'd die without it.
Love when you look at your parents and feel inspiration flushing your imagination.
Love when you want to hold, protect, or want to feel protected. Love is compassion.
Love just is, actually. We just put a label on it for educational purpuses. Its the same with happiness;
there are dozens of quotes about it, so we could know that we are happy when we are experiencing that what others descibed to us. Pure love is unconditional, and it could be for anyone or anything, just because it inspires you. It causes you to imagine a change in your life, something to grow towards.
Inspiration for a new experience that makes you happy.
Love could be that thing or that person you see in a bus and you know it is at the right place at the right time. That you feel comfort knowing you share this plane with it because it feels like it 'belongs'.
But i have to say i love this quote:

“We defend ourself with descriptions and tame the world by generalizing" - Iris Murdoch

And i think Love in its pure form will always find new desciptions and new experiences wich try and graps to capture something that transcends the mind in the here and now in one part but connects us to everything around us and causes gravity on the other (the fysics of compassion), so it is both manifestation and movement...

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 pm » by Slith

Love is looking into your grandsons eyes, and seeing how pure his love is after 2 weeks. It's purity.

The older we get, Love becomes more tainted and complicated. We actually believe we understand it.... we don't. Don't kid yourselves. We never will like a newborn will

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 pm » by Yuya63

Love is pure!!! Though, love makes us do good things, it also makes us do really bad things. Theres many other feelings that gets mixed with love. But, love itself is pure. Love gets things done!!

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am » by Newearthman

Seriouscitizen wrote:Still wondering about love are we?

Indeed :wink: What else is there to live for?

Life is no fun to go through alone but not just any partner will do :look:

Master Conspirator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 am » by Cornbread714

Love is a form of temporary insanity, curable by marriage.
- Ambrose Bierce, Devil's Dictionary
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 3:55 am » by The57ironman

Newearthman wrote:
Indeed :wink: What else is there to live for?

Life is no fun to go through alone but not just any partner will do :look:

......i don't know about all that ....

..but like i said many times before , ''...ya' can't force it and ya' can't stop it...''

Image...................................Image

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 am » by 44z44

Love=when your heart has a conscious of it's own,and i dont mean Love=sex.

Simply love is a drug that the heart is on.

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

Writer

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 am » by sevenflowers

love is something i cant help :love:
http://www.xtmmo.com

Previous